Line Quality

Macca65

Hello and welcome from the Dark side.

I have recently changed my ISP from Virgin to BT and wow I am noticing a tremendous difference :)

One question, my line is now by DSL but have noticed that when I do a BB test I only get a reading for Bb and Speed. The Quality reading is grey with a - sign.

Is this nor all.

Answers on a post card please

Closing date is today ;)

Glad you have moved from cable and can feel the difference Macca that is great to hear. :)

Now if only everyone would do that we wouldn't have as many juddery players in our lobbies. ;)

Glad you have moved from cable and can feel the difference Macca that is great to hear. :)

Now if only everyone would do that we wouldn't have as many juddery players in our lobbies. ;)

some of us have no choice but to be on cable.

Yeah, It is a great difference for me at least:)

I was talking about the UK and how Virgin cable is not good for players.

its all good! Wasn't being a dick. Just some of us have to beat up the evil cable empire to get our line in order. I owe half of that to you zen master!

some of us have no choice but to be on cable.

Cable is very stable. I've run -t /ping to Google for ten minutes with the highest spike being 10ms above the lowest ping. DSL isn't nearly as stable. Of course fiber is the most stable, but all of this depends on the provider

One question, my line is now by DSL but have noticed that when I do a BB test I only get a reading for Bb and Speed. The Quality reading is grey with a - sign.

Is this nor all.

I get this but I did it on purpose so you know with my vigorous testing I was going to find it. ;)

I get the " - " reading without the " because I set Dslreports to test against only 1 server, being in Australia and my geo-filter being set in my country I set it to AU, NSW and even though this is not my state it's testing my country alone.

My results can be seen in my signature, you'll see in the bottom (BB optimised) pic there's no quality grade.

Archived