Thinking Of A Scuf??

MrTrakky

Guy your responses have been great detailed and well thought out plus I love a good old debate hence why I asked the question lol. I'm not really fused about the money I've wasted a lot more money on things far less useful in my life I'm sure we all have, gaming is something I've done since I could first hold a pad so if a controller breaks it ends up as a trophy in my games room with the many others I've collected over the years. I've looked at what everyone has said and in the ideal world I'd buy them all but that would mean the wife removing my meat n veg lol soooooo

I chose the scuf as I've always had the urge and feel I'm at a level of gaming where I can actually warrant it's use I've been playing cod since November 10th 2009 and in reality it's pretty much been the only game in my console minus the odd Gta and BF games my hands are pretty small in honesty so they should have no problem operating it your more than welcome to open the books on how many weeks or months it lasts but me smashing it up the wall is a void bet lmao

Cheers again guys

Dude i had a scuf with medium sticks, so uncomfortable! sold after a month..Even if you had the standard sticks the paddles just aint reliable or comfortable ( hence why there are so many on ebay people dont want or faulty ect ) and the customer service dont get me started they dont deserve your money !

Few others have talked about a Cinch controller, i also own one and its the bomb. Brilliant customisation & build quality, back buttons are quality and will last way longer than paddles. Cant speak highly enough about cinch, all the youtube videos you see about scuf those guys are sponsored.

Don't think I'd agree there useless especially on the likes of black ops 3 the use of the rear triggers will give a distinct advantage over those who have to remove their thumbs off the sticks to press buttons to jump the revert back to the sticks I find my aiming is knocked off instanly doing this

Here's a little hint... Change your button layout to stick and move :)

Also don't forget everyone, the PS4 has built in button remapping so you could easily make jump or reload any button you want.

I am in the same position as you. My setup is complete .. except for my controller.

I have recently started playing destiny more than cod and I feel like the scuff effect is less on destiny than cod ...

I know for sure that scuff wont increase your skill level but it helps.. it's also 200$ to get one so there is that .. I do not know what to do :(

EDIT: Then there is the idea of buying a controller mod instead of scuff .. resources > wants .

Hi Scuff are by far the best quality product out at the moment I have had one for the xbox 360 and got one for the xbox all I can say is they are a great product my first scuff lasted over two years playing league play mostly on bo2 so constantly spammed, but with anything treat it with respect I do not rage throw my controller ect the build is very good and can take some getting used to but once you own one theres no going back hope thgis helped.

Hi Scuff are by far the best quality product out at the moment...

Oh really? Even the left paddle stopped working.

post-6931-0-47838300-1456748634_thumb.jpg

post-6931-0-82381800-1456748664_thumb.jpg

I never would buy again a Scuf! I read a game equipment dealer from Switzerland refused to sell Scuf Controllers because the Analogue sticks were made from an inferior material and he had to send his costumer controllers to Scuf to get repaired. So he stopped selling them temporally. I'd rather recommend BurnControllers. I have mine since about 2 weeks and I'm very happy with it. Far better made than Scuf and more varieties to costumize than Scuf. 

Oh really? Even the left paddle stopped working.

attachicon.gif25255289272_95dbc579ed_z.jpg

attachicon.gif24742952324_81cb02a5d3_z.jpg

I never would buy again a Scuf! I read a game equipment dealer from Switzerland refused to sell Scuf Controllers because the Analogue sticks were made from an inferior material and he had to send his costumer controllers to Scuf to get repaired. So he stopped selling them temporally. I'd rather recommend BurnControllers. I have mine since about 2 weeks and I'm very happy with it. Far better made than Scuf and more varieties to costumize than Scuf. 

In all honesty mate 3 of my official Sony controllers ended up like that from the use of inferior material so its not just scuf who are guilty

Exactly scuf controllers are official Microsoft/Sony controllers that they mod , can be done yourself if you can solder and u can use parts u want , I steered away from scuf due to all bad press and went for elite and now my stock controller feels like cheap pos, Sony should jump on the modded controller wagon

In all honesty mate 3 of my official Sony controllers ended up like that from the use of inferior material so its not just scuf who are guilty

If you have looked right mate my Scuf has the Scuf Analogue sticks and not the regular short Sony sticks. Atleast Sony sorted the problems out while Scuf hasn't. 

Exactly scuf controllers are official Microsoft/Sony controllers that they mod , can be done yourself if you can solder and u can use parts u want , I steered away from scuf due to all bad press and went for elite and now my stock controller feels like cheap pos, Sony should jump on the modded controller wagon

Maybe they realize it with the Activision/COD partnership to bring their own modified FPS controller. Otherwise like I mentioned I enjoy playing with my BurnController. 

I have a Scuf 4PS and a friend of mine has a Cinch. I would recommend Scuf over Cinch hands down due to poor button placement on the Cinch compared to the Scuf paddles. The quality issues are there with all modded ps4 controllers. Sony made junk controllers this generation. I love the feel and design of the DS4 but they are not durable.

I have a Scuf 4PS and a friend of mine has a Cinch. I would recommend Scuf over Cinch hands down due to poor button placement on the Cinch compared to the Scuf paddles. The quality issues are there with all modded ps4 controllers. Sony made junk controllers this generation. I love the feel and design of the DS4 but they are not durable.

I prefer the cinch over the scuf but I have xbox so may be different.

I know you got your mind set on a SCUF Trakky but I would really look into BB,they seem to be just better quality all the way around,better sticks,buttons and customer service.

Just want you to be happy with your decision as they aren't exactly giving the aftermarket controllers away,I would encourage you to check out their website and all the options they have.

I know you got your mind set on a SCUF Trakky but I would really look into BB,they seem to be just better quality all the way around,better sticks,buttons and customer service.

Just want you to be happy with your decision as they aren't exactly giving the aftermarket controllers away,I would encourage you to check out their website and all the options they have.

I have gone through 2 Scufs in the past year, both with paddle problems.  For me the paddle locations are not optimal, but I made them work.  Because of this and recommendations from forum members, I ordered a BBC (2 buttons on bottom, remap chip, increased tension, squid grip) for the PS4.  Due to current staffing issues at BBC, my order took 6 weeks to finally ship (yesterday).  I look forward to getting it and would still recommend them over Scuf.  I will never recommend Scuf again.

However, I will give a warning that the BBC customer service at the moment is very slow and they have a huge backlog.

So I've the Netduma, the 5.1 surround sound headset, the low input lag TV and a singular Kontrol freek  but now I'm eyeing up a custom Scuf controller and just wanted to know if anyone has had any dealings with them and what are your opinions???

If your on PS4 like everyone has said, save your money. Just change your button/Shooting layout to I think its called "BumperJumper?" It will switch your triggers for shooting to L1/R1. This will now act as if you have the trigger stops. and then just use your L2/R2 to toss your nades and whatever else. That takes care of the trigger stops, now when we talk about button layout I play tactical. So that takes care of the drop shots and what not for sliding.. But If you are wanting to have the ability for a jumpshot, then you will need to buy a custom controller with back handle buttons. (If this is what you want, then you have to buy something... I have a scuf and I bought the cheapest one at the time and it has worked wonders. {Xbox One BTW})

If your wanting just custom colors and all that other shiz, then get one for that buy make sure to weigh out your options.  I just have the matblack finish with black buttons, trigger stops, Standard A/B configuration back paddles, Scuf grip w/ProGrip, and I added the "cool" green LED for some dumb reason to waste more money lol... But my total was like $130 and like I said it is a tank... for now... Knock on wood...

Hope that helps!

If your on PS4 like everyone has said, save your money. Just change your button/Shooting layout to I think its called "BumperJumper?" It will switch your triggers for shooting to L1/R1. This will now act as if you have the trigger stops. and then just use your L2/R2 to toss your nades and whatever else. That takes care of the trigger stops, now when we talk about button layout I play tactical. So that takes care of the drop shots and what not for sliding.. But If you are wanting to have the ability for a jumpshot, then you will need to buy a custom controller with back handle buttons. (If this is what you want, then you have to buy something... I have a scuf and I bought the cheapest one at the time and it has worked wonders. {Xbox One BTW})

If your wanting just custom colors and all that other shiz, then get one for that buy make sure to weigh out your options.  I just have the matblack finish with black buttons, trigger stops, Standard A/B configuration back paddles, Scuf grip w/ProGrip, and I added the "cool" green LED for some dumb reason to waste more money lol... But my total was like $130 and like I said it is a tank... for now... Knock on wood...

Hope that helps!

All ready ordered brother it arrives today the money has never been an issue I've spent thousands over the years on gaming paraphernalia some have heard how much I spent on the Duma and gone and brought one some have looked at me like I've just shit on their sofa it's all about the ergonomics and just to add to my collection I brought the hardened edition of blops3 I did try to get the Jugg version but I was too late but that's just who I am I'm a gamer

Archived