Profile to exclude Irish dedis

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll basically be doing like the above picture, avoiding Ireland and see if I can get a host

On xbox one I don't think you will get any,maybe pick up a p2p but they play terrible lately,think the problem is on activisions end and Ireland is literally the only server for most of Europe,it's guttering considering all the servers we had at the beginning of AW life cycle compared to now,I used to jump on that Netherlands dedi and reap havoc on the opposing teams

First test , thanks to Dillinger..

@  Dillinger : (24 February 2016 - 05:14 PM) Unplug your ethernet cable, disconnect from the BO3 matchmaking and then power down the console completely. photo-thumb-230.jpg?_r=0 @  Dillinger : (24 February 2016 - 05:15 PM) Get the Duma set up over a known dedicated server location. Tight Geo Filter. Ping Assist at '0' photo-thumb-230.jpg?_r=0 @  Dillinger : (24 February 2016 - 05:15 PM) Wait for the 2 min anti cheat to take effect photo-thumb-230.jpg?_r=0 @  Dillinger : (24 February 2016 - 05:15 PM) Then connect the Ethernet cable and power on the console. Join the matchmaking and watch for the servers to pop up photo-thumb-230.jpg?_r=0 @  Dillinger : (24 February 2016 - 05:16 PM) This should put you on the server inside the Geo Filter, but it may take a minute to populate and you may see servers trying to pull you into them outside of your Geo Filter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yep, I changed my geo/pa until I was getting p2p and it was the worst of any multiplayer I have ever played.

I played Modern Warfare 2 a few weeks ago on Xbox360 (before I got my Netduma) and the connection in that was so much better than BLOPS3 p2p.

I cannot connect to anything but the Irish dedicated servers and they are absolute pants.  Even with the Geofilter set to strict and Ire excluded in the geo radius, I am still connecting to it.  This is making the Geo next to useless in my opinion as I'm pretty sure I would just be connecting to the same ire dedi's with no geofilter and no Netduma.

So what is going on here?  I can see the other dedi's in the south UK and Europe when I load the game and they are within the geofilter.  I'm getting that bad connections on the Irish dedi it isn't funny.  I'm not a gaming god by any means but since having the Duma my KD has gone down from 1.18 to 1.14.  I played this afternoon and only got 1 positive game.  Enemies absorbing bullets, erratic movements etc.  Just rubbish experience. This situation needs sorting out.  I'm not seeing hardly any European players in my lobbies so they must be connecting to French/German dedi's, why can't I?  Please advise as I'm losing the will to live with this game.

How do you know that they're not European?

Have faith, there are some really knowledgable people on here that will drag you back from the abyss.

Unfortunately I'm not one of them, sorry, I'm useless and have only just got my Netduma

Yeah I've not had mine that long either and haven't really noticed any difference or benefit in my honest opinion.  Hoping that will change.

I'm only going off the Geofilter page and the fact that in the main, there aren't any circles in Europe, only UK and Ireland although I understand it isn't entirely accurate.

How you finding it out of interest?  Most games I feel like I'm running in treacle.

I was feeling the treacle problem until I tried a variety of tweaks in the duma over this weekend and got mostly great games last night.

I reconfigure the congestion setting (slowly and carefully to get minimum buffer bloat) before every session for BO3, and then throttle the bandwidth to my Xbox with device priority (the flower) and turning off share excess.

I find that allowing the Xbox to have access to too much bandwidth causes me problems, I know I'm not the only person doing this but I don't know if it's recommended by the majority and can't say it will help you. I only give my Xbox One about 600k up and 5mb down.

Geofilter I have set on my home (London) at about 400miles and ping assist at 29ms - as I said though, this works for me but is different for everyone.

The French / Germans are definitely connecting to the Irish dedis, I get some of them almost every game - most games are Brits+French.

As Zennon said, these dedis can play great one game and terrible the next - depending which server and who else connects to it.

This last week hasn't been a good week to judge anything though, the servers have been in a right state and only now seem to be stabilised.

I'm finding BO3 really easy actually, I was pretty good at the other CoDs but this one just seems to suit me very well for some reason.

Netduma I found a struggle at first but I've been dragged through it by some very helpful people, Fraser doesn't seem to sleep and has the patience of a saint and some of the other users go above and beyond and now I feel like I'm getting somewhere.

The Netduma really has it's work cut out with BO3 though because of the dedis (and the lack of dedi choice on X1 in Europe), I would expect to see a much greater effect on games that are 100% P2P.

I'm going to stick MW3 (and maybe MW2 or even CoD4-MW) in the Xbox 360 later and see what happens with that - I used to get some shocking matchmaking in MW3 and I think the Netduma will really shine there - assuming there are actually some people available online to matchmake with!

Thanks for the response bud.  Appreciate it.  My internet is Sky standard DSL and I only get 700k up and 18 meg down, so when I game I usually give device prioritisation to the Xbox at 85% upload and the laptop gets 15% and download to the Xbox at 70% and 30% to the laptop, both with Share Excess unticked.  So in terms of band, I haven't got much to play with unfortunately.  I have just upgraded to Virgin's 100Meg fibre, so we will see how that goes.  Has anyone else got any experience of Virgin for gaming?

Do you get anything other than the Irish Dedi's with your settings out of interest?  It would be interesting to see re MW2 and MW3 or even COD4.  Might stick them in too and have a look.  I never used to get host ever.  When I end up in a p2p in Blops 3, I find the games to be horrendous.

I pay for 60down / 3up with Virgin Media, I get 63 / and 3up.

Virgin's main issue, where I am, is jitter (so I'm told) - although every test I've ever run gives me exceptional on the Netduma and no other online test has ever shown anything worse than 4ms jitter (which surely isn't that bad - I don't know what's 'bad' for jitter).

pingtest.net usually show me 2ms jitter, 9 out of 10 tests.

Virgin seems to be pretty reliable in general, I don't really suffer from the peak-time speed drop, at most I lose a few mb.

My 8.8.8.8 base ping is 12ms but that doesn't mean anything unless you live where I live I suppose.

You're best off to hit up your neighbours and see how their internet performs under some tests...

Better get yourself a few bottles of wine for bribery.

And I pretty much always hit the Irish dedis, which is totally hit and miss for me.

P2P is absolutely disgusting, a pile of 1-bars and a whole load of lag - Can't play P2P at all on BO3.

I didn't get round to trying the old CoDs this evening, I fell asleep on the sofa instead

Hi ColonicBoom I said in general that Virgin cable has bad jitter, you mentioning that you were having a lag issue then the first thing to eliminate when diagnosing is your ISP BB line.

I suggested for you to run ping plotter tests as your Think broad band test was showing jitter, that might of been a bad test and it is fine for you now :)

And you're not wrong, I got some of my mates to run some tests where they are and Virgin really is a stinker for jitter in some (most) places (especially when compared to BT Infinity - although only one of my mates has that so it's a very small sample).

I literally took my network to pieces, all the way back to entry point from outside and put everything back together following the wiki and some of your and Crossys(?) posts I'd been reading - it's sooooo much better now. I'm still suffering some jitter issues occasionally and I'm in no doubt who the offender is (dirty Virgin Media). But it's a hell of a lot better.

And the server issues didn't help with testing my initial setup of course.

I didn't actually test with ping-plotter yet because my Mac has no ethernet port. When I work out how to get around this (to test wired) without paying £50 or whatever it is for a thunderbolt adaptor then I'm pretty sure that it will confirm what you originally told me

Archived