Why does Hyper-Lane make such a big difference?

MrWhooz

Head of the class, 1st class, Alpha Male packets now rush right up the head of the line.

Don't use this for downloading large games/patches/updates or torrents or anything of serious substance.  Why, won't it work?  No, it will work just fine, but EVERYTHING else in your house will have to get in line behind those packets.

Prolly a silly question but do you need to load profile to enable hyper lane?

Nope.  The profiles are just an added feature that will make life really easy for new users (and support staff :P)

So a sernario would be.

Sisters downloading on multiple laptops, while uploading.

My game packets come in 1st and out 1st?

Doesn't that render the anti-flood feature useless???

I'm not understanding something

So a sernario would be.

Sisters downloading on multiple laptops, while uploading.

My game packets come in 1st and out 1st?

Doesn't that render the anti-flood feature useless???

I'm not understanding something

No it does not, if you stop controlling the congestion your pings will rise in a busy network resulting in bad game play even though your packets left the duma first.

• Administrators

Does anyone have an estimate or estimated average of how much hyper-lane makes a difference? Like for example what's the average queue time for outgoing data that would be removed?

Really depends on your home, how many people are using the internet, what kinds of things they're doing, streaming, downloading etc. 

Even if there is no one on the internet I would still do use it, you never know if your phone/PC does an update in the background etc

I'm not sure if it's placebo or not, but playing with Hyper-Lane definitely feels better. I mainly play CS:GO and whenever I refer to my net graph, the var seems to not fluctuate as much.

I do remember Iain tweeted couple of months back something about gaming packets coming out in 600 microseconds or something though. But how do we know if it actually works? Is there any way to measure?

• Netduma Staff

I'm not sure if it's placebo or not, but playing with Hyper-Lane definitely feels better. I mainly play CS:GO and whenever I refer to my net graph, the var seems to not fluctuate as much.

I do remember Iain tweeted couple of months back something about gaming packets coming out in 600 microseconds or something though. But how do we know if it actually works? Is there any way to measure?

I don't think there would be an easy way without networking knowledge to test it.

Don't use this for downloading large games/patches/updates ...  

It will work just fine, but EVERYTHING else in your house will have to get in line behind those packets.

That might explain why my wife has been complaining of slow internet lately. Nobody tell her and we'll all be ok.

• Administrators

That makes sense because your CS:GO packets are being sent/received first. 

I don't think there would be an easy way without networking knowledge to test it.

This ^

Archived