trying to keep an open nat

true_mike55

can anyone give me an easy way to remember how to keep an open nat if it changes back into moderate i have about 200 to 300 down and 35 up also to keep me in a new york server when i run any speed test apparently both keep changing to a west side server on me as well i havent been able to keep an open nat im running new duma os so trying to get use to it still but havent been able to find a way to open my nat at all?? and havent been able to stay on a new york speed test server unless i hard wire straight to modem any help please with duma or not even sure if its kaspersky thats acting a fool thanks so much i appreciate the help happy holidays for 2018 i would like to be able to keep my post if i run into any of these same problems thanks again..

• Administrators

Hi Mike - is your console NAT type open? If yes, is it just the game giving you moderate NAT? Which game are you playing, BO4?

(Moved to support)

• 1 month later...

first im sorry i havnt been on my system for some time but i play on PC only and havent had an open nat only a few times before with the older OS to R1 so most times i have to hard wire to modem as well there are many times i have to unplug the router or the modem if i keep dropping off wifi for my phone but too much of a hassle to continue doing any quick fix to keep an open nat any suggestions i mostly play pubg and since yea as well to BO4 thanks i truly appreciate it

• Administrators

Hi Mike - no  worries. This should be quite straightforward to fix. This guide should get you there - please could you try following it and let us know how you get on. Obviously skip the console-specific parts: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat

• 2 months later...
  • Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, true_mike55 said:

hey ive been very busy not being able to keep in touch with my duma but i cant even get into my duma os at all gives me a "referenceerror: $ is not defined?"  any help of what i can do at this point? 

Try resetting the router using the button on the back of it. Hold that RES button down for 30+ seconds to factory reset it then try entering DumaOS again.

thanks but sheesh i dont have enough time to spend on the pc for today i was worried i had to do that didnt want to actually but i will have to do so tomorrow but thank u and can u send a little guide line on wat exacts i will have to go by from factory reset and which updates i have to install till i get to final of updates really i do appreciate it thanks again will be back on by tomorrow i hope

• Administrators

If you upgraded to the .29 version that's the latest so nothing you need to do in that regard - resetting the router will keep it on the same firmware. Hold the button down for the 30 seconds that Jack suggested and then let go, after a few seconds you should hear a beep sound. Then wait 1-2 minutes and then try to access the interface again.

• 1 month later...

finally getting to try to factory reset and absolutely nothing same saying "  ReferenceError: $ is not defined  " i tried 3 times now got the beep first time second time none then unplugged netduma reset again same error???? refreshed netduma cleaned cache still what can be the cause of this??

• Administrators

I've deleted your other topics as it still pertains to this issue. I realise it's a frustrating issue but we'll get to the bottom of it - it's best if we keep all support to one topic. Also I don't think it's a factory reset issue as long as all settings have been wiped.

What browser are you using and on what device? If you use Google Chrome does it work as expected? Do you have any browser extensions? If so can you try Google Chrome in Incognito mode, does it work then?

guys i do apologize for the extra posts i added it was a frustrating day for me so sorry but i did all i could while reading a lot of posts i thought there were no response getting back but i didnt know cause i rarely use any forums so my apologizes... so yes just tried to use chrome with incognito and had this error   " Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined " i did a bunch of cache cleaning yesterday before shutting down the pc but i always use firefox and PC the last update i only was able to go into the new firmware OS a few times trying to fix nat then it started opening slower and slower till i started getting those errors which finally trying to do a factory reset yesterday had me at ends gentlemen once again my apologizes..so now whats next?

If you are using BitDefender, try disabling it and see if it fixes the problem.

It might be a problem with CPU overload, in which case you should unpin everything from the dashboard and see if that fixes it.

A factory reset should fix this but if it doesn't, try using incognito mode in your browser (private mode in firefox) and see if it still occurs.

That's a good shout from Alex as I had issues and once I disabled bitdefender it fixed the issue, I then had to create a firewall exception for my error to cease....... :D

i unplugged power pressed the power button for a minute to refresh all ports to maintain balance of power and such to the pc  went to device manager scanned all devices for any updates i do not use bitdefender at all never did on this pc i only use kaspersky so i shut that down completely as well any windows defenders that were active after shutting down kaspersky went on private mode as well as normal on firefox still nothing says the same message on each try when opening netdumas page " ReferenceError: $ is not defined" im worried now cause knowing since i factory restarted it resets my wifi password and not knowing if there are any malicious types of people that may try to enter through my netduma to cause harm to my well being from trying to access  anything through my mac wifi??????? ughh

• Administrators

I don't think anything malicious is happening. Unplug the router from the power for 24 hours, sometimes this can sort out issues of this nature. Also make sure when you plug it in after 24 hours to try again that it's plugged directly into a wall socket not an extender.

yup did it for the 24 hours just the tuesday into wednesday thinking it might come back as well fraser but i have no choice but to use the power adapter i only have 2 electrical sockets in my room unfortunately one for tv alarm clock cable box and the other stuff etc. the other socket only is using the monster power adapter that just has pc monitor modem and the netduma connected nothing much i can do about plugging it into the wall but that was never a factor before as well till i installed the update brother???

• Administrators

When you access you should be able to click the upgrade icon in the top right, do that and downgrade to the latest original R1 firmware. Once that's done (you may need to clear cache/cookies & put in the 192.168.88.1 IP incase it was changed on DumaOS) then delete the DumaOS file from your computer and redownload it from the email we sent you before. Then reupgrade to DumaOS with preserve settings off on the upgrade screen. See if that resolves your issue.

thing is dude i can not access dumas OS at all i get a blank burgundy screen with the waiting circle then all it says is ReferenceError: $ is not defined i pressed ok waited and waited and all still the same thing since there is nothing to access to the duma os nothing just a blank burgundy screen

• Administrators

Yeah totally understand, something weird is definitely happening when a factory reset doesn't resolve it. I've alerted the team so they'll comment back likely on Monday when they've had a chance to look at it.