Upgrading your Netduma R1 to DumaOS from a version lower than 1.03.6

Netduma Admin

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MauriASR said:

hi guys, I'm waiting and my ip has not changed

Actually it has again! We will attempt to send the fix to you again by the end of the week.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks, hopefully they'll check again soon. Also it's not a good idea to reveal your public IP so no need to provide screenshots etc

I know you're right, but I just do not understand why my update is not successful

On 12/18/2018 at 10:25 PM, Netduma Admin said:

Ok, thanks for checking. It's possible your IP address has changed since. We will check again tomorrow.

Any news on this? I'm having quite a hard time with the old Netduma firmware; it continuously goes into state where it either does not provide IP addresses to new clients or traffic just stops. So I have to reboot it and some times also the 4G router, most of the times every 24h. Also the 4G has a dynamic public address so it changes every so often.

How do you try to derive my public IP? I hope not from this forum post source since I'm using all sorts of devices and locations besides my home. I really don't understand how you would be able to know my specific public IP address unless I explicitly send it to you. I can do this but then there is only quite small window (a day) until the IP address will most likely change.

I've now been waiting for the upgrade since mid November. Since Netduma has started acting up I really do need this update urgently.

• Administrators

I've chased the team again to check this. As we're admins we see the IP attached to your post. If you could post from home that'd be really helpful so we can check the right one. 

It sounds like your DHCP server is not configured properly, have you changed its settings?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've chased the team again to check this. As we're admins we see the IP attached to your post. If you could post from home that'd be really helpful so we can check the right one. 

It sounds like your DHCP server is not configured properly, have you changed its settings?

Ok, this post is from home. But the public IP might be changed at any time by the operator. I'm monitoring this thread so I can post again here when you are ready to run the fix.

Netduma is pretty much running factory defaults and after reboot works fine for hours or even days. After that I'm seeing different kinds of jams: dns stops working, dhcp does not provide ip, no external traffic at all. All these started to happen after I was forced to switch from fixed ADSL to 4G router by the operator few months ago. All the problems can be solved by restarting both Netduma and 4G router. I suspect the root cause is the 4G router but definitely Netduma isn't handling these situations properly.

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, henris said:

Ok, this post is from home. But the public IP might be changed at any time by the operator. I'm monitoring this thread so I can post again here when you are ready to run the fix.

Netduma is pretty much running factory defaults and after reboot works fine for hours or even days. After that I'm seeing different kinds of jams: dns stops working, dhcp does not provide ip, no external traffic at all. All these started to happen after I was forced to switch from fixed ADSL to 4G router by the operator few months ago. All the problems can be solved by restarting both Netduma and 4G router. I suspect the root cause is the 4G router but definitely Netduma isn't handling these situations properly.

Okay thank you, we won't be able to check until 10-6pm GMT during the week.

Interesting, do you have the R1 in the 4G router's DMZ? Are you able to put the 4G router in modem mode?

Need the fix asap thanks!!!! haven't been able to get above 30 mbps download EVER with this router its open its good just connect!

edit: R1 debug version 1.03.3 running on rb-951g-2hnd . purchased this thing years ago and its never supported above 30/40mbps download.. it also halves the upload

On 1/4/2019 at 8:54 PM, MauriASR said:

then I think my problem was that I wrote messages on the forum via iphone under 4g, now I will write only through the netduma

Hi

I have sent the hotfix now. Thanks for being patient.

5 hours ago, macolive said:

pensez vous faire la mise a jour de mon routeur cette semaine 

Hi

I just sent the hotfix to your router. You can now update. Thanks for being patient