Jump to content
Netduma Admin

Open Beta of DumaOS on the Netduma R1: General Discussion

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Thanks everyone for the info - and Potato for the kind words!

Are any of you happy to connect your console to your modem (or another router) for a day or so - the reason I ask is if the Geo-Filter is disabled, and your console NAT is open, it might just be an issue with the game. Nothing on the R1 should be interfering with your NAT type.

And not to play it down, but this is a visual annoyance only right? It's not actually limiting your ability to play the game normally?

Unfortunately, I don't think I can do this test for you, unless I reconfigure another device as a router, which, at this point in time, isn't possible.  Hopefully the other guys here can assist with that test, although each case can end up being different.

 

Based on what I'm seeing, I think it is an issue with the R1.  I'll have to do some further testing to confirm, but I believe there are 2 reasons for that:

 

1) In-game voice chat doesn't seem to work when the in-game NAT is 'Moderate'.  Xbox Live party chat works fine, but then again, the console NAT is reported as 'Open' so that makes sense that there is no chat issues there.  Since the in-game NAT is different (different UPnP ports), it might be interfering with the in-game voice chat.  Could it be that the UPnP stack in the R1 is tying up the port that CoD wants to use, from a previous session?  Stabbing in the dark here...


2)  To further my thinking that this is an R1 issue, and the strongest evidence so far, is that last night, after seeing an in-game 'Moderate' NAT, I rebooted the R1, rebooted my console, and afterwards both console and in-game NAT reported 'Open'.  I did not reboot my Internet modem, so I think that immediately eliminates that from what may be causing the issue.  With that evidence, I'm not sure your proposed test will be successful in eliminating the R1.  If other testers report that both console and in-game NAT remain open over multiple days and gaming sessions, then that firmly points to the R1 as the source of the problem.

 

On the flip side, finding games doesn't seem to be an issue, mostly because the game is so popular right now that there doesn't seem to be any shortage of multiplayer games, so finding one even with a 'Moderate' NAT seems to be working just fine.  You wouldn't really notice this as an issue unless you knew there was only 1 MP game running, and you couldn't connect to it, or, with the sheer number of games running, finding a lobby took multiple minutes instead of less than 5 seconds the way it is right now.

 

I'm sure some of my assumptions are way off, in which case, please correct me :) .  Just glad we can work together on trying to get this resolved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Thanks everyone for the info - and Potato for the kind words!

Are any of you happy to connect your console to your modem (or another router) for a day or so - the reason I ask is if the Geo-Filter is disabled, and your console NAT is open, it might just be an issue with the game. Nothing on the R1 should be interfering with your NAT type.

And not to play it down, but this is a visual annoyance only right? It's not actually limiting your ability to play the game normally?

so i actually did this one i got home. i pulled out the r1 and just ran my fios router with out doing anything at all when i first booted up my xbox was strict and so was bo4, i did upnp first and everything was open. i never tried port forwarding since upnp has the game and xbox both with a open nat. i hard reset and turned the xbox on and off a bunch of time. it stayed open. this morning before i left to work i turned on the xbox to check and it was open

 

the game never kicked me back to the main menu like it would with the geo filter enabled. and when i was using my r1 and i put the geo filter in spectate mode i wouldn't get kicked back to the main menu. only when geo filter is enabled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I signed up for the DumaOS Open Beta yesterday. Received my email with the link to DumaOS. I then checked my current firmware version before proceeding any further. (Current firmware version is 1.03.6). I then ensured the “Preserve Settings” & “Check Version” were checked. Chose the file/opened it. Clicked upgrade, it started downloading and about 3 minutes later it asked me for my login credentials. I entered them and waited for a short period. Then suddenly I got redirected to what I’m assuming is an error message page. Now my Netduma R1 is performing like garbage (Especially on BO4). I need to know what possibly happened that caused this error to occur and how to fix the issue. Plus I still want to get DumaOS. But successfully this time. Help!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pat said:

So I signed up for the DumaOS Open Beta yesterday. Received my email with the link to DumaOS. I then checked my current firmware version before proceeding any further. (Current firmware version is 1.03.6). I then ensured the “Preserve Settings” & “Check Version” were checked. Chose the file/opened it. Clicked upgrade, it started downloading and about 3 minutes later it asked me for my login credentials. I entered them and waited for a short period. Then suddenly I got redirected to what I’m assuming is an error message page. Now my Netduma R1 is performing like garbage (Especially on BO4). I need to know what possibly happened that caused this error to occur and how to fix the issue. Plus I still want to get DumaOS. But successfully this time. Help!!!

Hi Pat - so just to clarify, can you access DumaOS now? Did it actually install the upgrade? If you can access DumaOS, could you downgrade (following the instructions) to the previous version, and then upgrade to DumaOS again? It's likely something went wrong in the upgrade process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just upgraded to the new Milestone 1.3 firmware.  Been brilliant, apart from a little hiccup with the password.  i had changed it on the prior update to DumaOS 212.10, somehow there was some confusion and I had not realised the password would reset to the default.  It didn't allow the upgrade to go through initially, but once I realised what it was I just did a factory reset and tried again, all ok after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just downloaded and updated the new firmware. everything good so far. when trying to view duma homepage from console or phone its stuck on a authorization required squeen. use to be able to do it on the older version before duma os.

 

geo filter still dropping the whole lobby back to the main menu and dropping everyone. have to restart game

 

got geo filter set to 500mi, home pin set to where i live. and the lobbies so far are really bad ping 50 to 350

 

also keep getting this error when trying to flush the cloud (The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have gotten all these errors and problems myself,  If geofilter is on before i start the game, Sometimes i get a MOD NAT, If i reset the R1 reopen the game, Its fine,  Then if i enable GEO its ok, It wont kick me back to menu, I Thought the reason it was kicking me was just because it wasn't finding a lobby where i wanted, Or it tried connecting outside of the area i have set!    I'm Still getting the MOD nat Nomatter what i try with the R1 hooked up, The only way that i have found to fix it is by closing blackops 4,  Unplugging the R1 Letting it reconnect and then reopen blackops 4 and bam, Open Nat,  Until i have to restart the game again,  As soon as i restart the game, Back to MOD Nat EVERYTIME!   I'm literally going to ware out the power plug on the R1 😭  You guys need to put in a RESET Button Like the old R1 Os had! :)

 

EDIT: Not a big deal, But why cant i change the time in the router, It thinks im PST, When Im EST And its on 24 hour time too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dantaniean said:

Just upgraded to the new Milestone 1.3 firmware.  Been brilliant, apart from a little hiccup with the password.  i had changed it on the prior update to DumaOS 212.10, somehow there was some confusion and I had not realised the password would reset to the default.  It didn't allow the upgrade to go through initially, but once I realised what it was I just did a factory reset and tried again, all ok after that.

Thanks for making us aware of this. We will test this and see if we can reproduce.

7 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

just downloaded and updated the new firmware. everything good so far. when trying to view duma homepage from console or phone its stuck on a authorization required squeen. use to be able to do it on the older version before duma os.

 

geo filter still dropping the whole lobby back to the main menu and dropping everyone. have to restart game

 

got geo filter set to 500mi, home pin set to where i live. and the lobbies so far are really bad ping 50 to 350

 

also keep getting this error when trying to flush the cloud (The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App.)

Are you using Ping Assist? We recommend using it at about 30ms or so. Restart the game after doing this. If you continue to have problems, could you post a new topic so we can focus on helping you there

1 hour ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

I have gotten all these errors and problems myself,  If geofilter is on before i start the game, Sometimes i get a MOD NAT, If i reset the R1 reopen the game, Its fine,  Then if i enable GEO its ok, It wont kick me back to menu, I Thought the reason it was kicking me was just because it wasn't finding a lobby where i wanted, Or it tried connecting outside of the area i have set!    I'm Still getting the MOD nat Nomatter what i try with the R1 hooked up, The only way that i have found to fix it is by closing blackops 4,  Unplugging the R1 Letting it reconnect and then reopen blackops 4 and bam, Open Nat,  Until i have to restart the game again,  As soon as i restart the game, Back to MOD Nat EVERYTIME!   I'm literally going to ware out the power plug on the R1 😭  You guys need to put in a RESET Button Like the old R1 Os had! :)

 

EDIT: Not a big deal, But why cant i change the time in the router, It thinks im PST, When Im EST And its on 24 hour time too?

There's a reboot button in the UI! Click the i icon in the top right corner and click Reboot.

I wouldn't obsess too much over in game moderate NAT. It shouldn't affect anything. It's just the game noticing you are blocking some servers (and possibly a NAT check server). Which given you are using the Geo-Filter, you obviously are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like i said, Its with or without the GEO On,  IF i reboot the router it will be open, And it is actually stopping me from joining players or other players joining me!     So even if i leave the GEO in Spectating mode, Open the game, Its MOD NAT!   Even if i reboot my Xbox, Its still MOD NAT,   But As soon as i reboot the router and open the game, Its open, UNTIL I RESTART THE GAME AGAIN!,  Then back to MOD NAT,   I think the NAT Server Is in KANSAS??  Has anyone else Noticed the Kansas Server That pops up like no mater what game you are playing?  Its been bugging me If i don't allow it, It wont let certain people join me in my Xbox Live Party,   So I've just allowed it! So i don't think its that either,   It has to be something with the DUMA blocking the NAT, Its like the UPNP Is allowing the first time, And blocking it after that?  No matter what i try it still does it with the DUMA Inline,    I've tried just using my stock modem router and its OPEN all the time!   And like i said, I Do have All ports forwarded, 3074-3076,80,88,53,500,3544,4500,50271 And maybe a few more just incase!  And i also tried enabling UPNP, and deleting the Port forward, And tried Running both at the same time!  Can maybe i said you guys a log file and see if something else is going on that i don't understand?  I'm seeing this ALOT in the log, kern.info dpiclass-daemon: Kill flow due to timeout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok - understood. If you're getting moderate NAT with the Geo-Filter in spectating mode then it's standard NAT problem.

Could you:

  1. Delete all your port forwarding rules - they could be doing more harm than good in helping you get an open NAT
  2. Make sure UPNP is enabled
  3. See if your modem can be placed into a special mode like 'modem mode' or 'spectating mode'
  4. Then fully restart your console.
  5. Do the console network test. DO you get an Open NAT?
  6. Now start the game. Do you get an Open NAT? 
  7. Finally, does it remain open?

You can ignore that log message. Very common and just needed for our devs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Will try that again, But its not just me having this issue,  There are many people here having the same issue is this,  I've tried disconnecting the DUMA out of line and i have an open NAT for the entire time,  Other then this problem with COD/BO4,  Im Loving the DUMA OS!  Its awesome!!!   I will try Everything you listed again and see what happens, Thank you for all of your help guys!  Lets just get this thing working and find the problem or find a work around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

I Will try that again, But its not just me having this issue,  There are many people here having the same issue is this,  I've tried disconnecting the DUMA out of line and i have an open NAT for the entire time,  Other then this problem with COD/BO4,  Im Loving the DUMA OS!  Its awesome!!!   I will try Everything you listed again and see what happens, Thank you for all of your help guys!  Lets just get this thing working and find the problem or find a work around

Can you try the port forwarding rules from this post please and see if that resolves your issue:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×