Open Beta of DumaOS on the Netduma R1: General Discussion

Netduma Admin

• Administrators
2 hours ago, FQs19 said:

Do you guys plan on releasing a couple beta firmwares to test, or will the next firmware be the final?

DumaOS will keep improving, so there could be multiple new version throughout the next few weeks. The priority is to get everyone who wants to upgrade to DumaOS on it as soon as possible without being dumb and risking by sending it out to everyone in one go and then finding a problem.

We're making good progress through the list and as you can see if you look around the dedicated subforum, only minor things have been found so it's looking good. Please bear with us!

2 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

DumaOS will keep improving, so there could be multiple new version throughout the next few weeks. The priority is to get everyone who wants to upgrade to DumaOS on it as soon as possible without being dumb and risking by sending it out to everyone in one go and then finding a problem.

We're making good progress through the list and as you can see if you look around the dedicated subforum, only minor things have been found so it's looking good. Please bear with us!

For the two known bugs, dhcp not enabled and access from wan, can these not be fixed with a factory reset while running dumaos? 

Seems like significant bugs if they require a downgrade, change settings, than flash dumaos again. 

I have the link to flash the beta but may hold off for the fix to these bugs. 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Jlman3705 said:

Is there a DMZ option in DumaOS?  If I wanted to have the R1 providing Dhcp to another router providing its own dhcp list, how do I make sure the second router isn’t double nat?

There is no DMZ option currently for R1. What is the purpose of the setup that you're trying to achieve? Then I can advise more accurately / maybe suggest a better solution.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There is no DMZ option currently for R1. What is the purpose of the setup that you're trying to achieve? Then I can advise more accurately / maybe suggest a better solution.

Hi.  Thank you for the response.  Currently I have about 15+ devices connected and trying to prioritize bandwith to each is tough.  Starting off they all say 5 around the circle.  So if I have my pc, ps4, and the other router I can easily manage the 3.  I have it hooked up that way as of last night but im sure I’ll have nat issues on our other consoles.  Letting the second router share bandwith between all the other devices I dont use QOS on.  Phones, tablets, Tvs, etc.  With the share bandwidth option checked I seemed to have unpredictable fluctuations.  

• Administrators

Right okay, understood. I would definitely make sure that you have all your consoles connected to the R1. Then I would just leave UPnP enabled on the R1. If you were to put the second router in AP mode then the devices would show on the R1 so I would suggest just leaving the second router as is. You only need to worry about the console's NAT which the R1 will take care of. Also make sure the router upstream from the R1 has its WiFi disabled with the R1 in its DMZ and has no devices connected to it, that should be the optimum setup.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Right okay, understood. I would definitely make sure that you have all your consoles connected to the R1. Then I would just leave UPnP enabled on the R1. If you were to put the second router in AP mode then the devices would show on the R1 so I would suggest just leaving the second router as is. You only need to worry about the console's NAT which the R1 will take care of. Also make sure the router upstream from the R1 has its WiFi disabled with the R1 in its DMZ and has no devices connected to it, that should be the optimum setup.

Thank you

On 10/10/2018 at 6:26 PM, Netduma Admin said:

Have any questions for us about DumaOS on the R1? Or just want to discuss it in general? Please post here.

If you are interested in participating in the Open Beta, please go here:

I signed up 10min after the email was sent out but still haven’t received my second email with the link ? Could you look into it please as I’ve seen people on here with the link that signed up way after me. Thanks 

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Blazing rarp said:

I signed up 10min after the email was sent out but still haven’t received my second email with the link ? Could you look into it please as I’ve seen people on here with the link that signed up way after me. Thanks 

Sorry, we're not checking peoples place in the queue. We had an explosion of sign ups very quickly, we've gone systematically down the list.

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Jlman3705 said:

First, thank you for DumaOS and all the hard work your putting in.  UPNP does not seem to be working, even after reformat.

Is the same thing happening as before, or is this a different UPnP issue? Have you rebooted the router, and by 'reformat' do you mean having upgraded to DumaOS?

48 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

Is the same thing happening as before, or is this a different UPnP issue? Have you rebooted the router, and by 'reformat' do you mean having upgraded to DumaOS?

No, installed Dumaos last night and UPNP is not showing any ports being used by PS4, BO4 or any ports being used for that matter.  Nat type is moderate.  Console connected to R1, R1 connected to bridge mode modem.  Never had issues on 1.06.  Factory format and reboot, same.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Jlman3705 said:

No, installed Dumaos last night and UPNP is not showing any ports being used by PS4, BO4 or any ports being used for that matter.  Nat type is moderate.  Console connected to R1, R1 connected to bridge mode modem.  Never had issues on 1.06.  Factory format and reboot, same.

Is the moderate NAT reading from the game or the console?

Do you have any port forwarding rules enabled?

2 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Is the moderate NAT reading from the game or the console?

Do you have any port forwarding rules enabled?

Game.  No forwarded ports.  I did forward the ports to see if they worked and they did.  Nat type went to open.  Deleted ports and turned Upnp back on.  Reboot everything and back to moderate on game.  Console is type 2.

5 minutes ago, Jlman3705 said:

Game.  No forwarded ports.  I did forward the ports to see if they worked and they did.  Nat type went to open.  Deleted ports and turned Upnp back on.  Reboot everything and back to moderate on game.  Console is type 2.

This is the exact same problem i posted a question about. Same problem same solution. I too have manuallt port forwarded the correct ports and Nat is open on xbox and game. Upnp is not opening the ports correctly. Please look at this bug

• Administrators

Type 2 is open NAT on the console so that looks good. In-game reading is notoriously bad. I know it's not ideal to hear, but I wouldn't get too stressed about this. It shouldn't restrict you in anyway.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Type 2 is open NAT on the console so that looks good. In-game reading is notoriously bad. I know it's not ideal to hear, but I wouldn't get too stressed about this. It shouldn't restrict you in anyway.

We are saying that the only way to have a open nat in game is to manually port forward..my console has open nat with upnp selected but moderate nat for the game. Open nat for both if port fowarded🤔

29 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

My main concern on my end is that Upnp on the previous firmware would show tons of ports being used by devices.  DumaOS does not show any at all. The slider is turned on.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Jlman3705 said:

My main concern on my end is that Upnp on the previous firmware would show tons of ports being used by devices.  DumaOS does not show any at all. The slider is turned on.

Another user has reported this as well so we will investigate

7 hours ago, Knomax said:

I didn't receive any e-mail with link yet...i have sign up many days ago.

A lot of people signed up in the first few hours but we are continuing to roll out the beta so hopefully you won't be waiting much longer. Please be patient.