XR500 crash

As Fraser said it could be a rare occurrance. I am running the same Firmware as you are and so far I have no connection or drop-out issues!

I've found that after 2 days my pppoe drops on the xr500 and requires a reboot for the router to work again. the draytek vigor 130 vdsl modem maintains its connection fine during this. Has happened twice so far.

Attempts to force it to connect via the UI don't resolve it either, so am blaming it on being a new product with a few teething issues thus far. By far the best router OS I've had the pleasure of using for home use btw. :)

• Netduma Staff

I've found that after 2 days my pppoe drops on the xr500 and requires a reboot for the router to work again. the draytek vigor 130 vdsl modem maintains its connection fine during this. Has happened twice so far.

Attempts to force it to connect via the UI don't resolve it either, so am blaming it on being a new product with a few teething issues thus far. By far the best router OS I've had the pleasure of using for home use btw. :)

Hi Gouldin, welcome to the forum! Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you're enjoying DumaOS! If you're having issues with PPPoE I would really recommend opening a new General Support thread. We'd love to help you get this issue fixed!

Please let me know if you do decide to make a new thread :)

• Administrators

If it happens again or you think it may happen again ensure you're not using auto QoS (the option to apply when high priority traffic is detected) and just use 'Always'. Theres no reason it shouldn't work but it's just an extra precaution.

Do you get the drops wired or wireless?

Both, I can still connect to the router fine and see in settings that pppoe is disconnected. Clicking the connect button will not force it to re-attempt a connection.

During this time, I can plug directly into my draytek vigor 130 and see it still has dsl sync and my laptop is able to connect via pppoe fine.

Nothing is mentioned in the logs about a disconnect when it has happened, though IF it happens again, I'll grab a copy of them and start a separate thread. :)

• Administrators

Both, I can still connect to the router fine and see in settings that pppoe is disconnected. Clicking the connect button will not force it to re-attempt a connection.

During this time, I can plug directly into my draytek vigor 130 and see it still has dsl sync and my laptop is able to connect via pppoe fine.

Nothing is mentioned in the logs about a disconnect when it has happened, though IF it happens again, I'll grab a copy of them and start a separate thread. :)

That would be very helpful, thanks Gouldin.

same happening to me on both WiFi & Ethernet. (total lockout (including over internet) , no connectivity to router - lights are on as if nothings wrong ...?)

3rd time this week so far..... 

only had been remotely connected idly viewing dashboard ....

additionally, straight out the box, this router would not allow any wifi device to connect. I had to do a factory reset to get things working again.... shouldnt be necessary Netgear!

• Administrators

same happening to me on both WiFi & Ethernet. (total lockout (including over internet) , no connectivity to router - lights are on as if nothings wrong ...?)

3rd time this week so far..... 

only had been remotely connected idly viewing dashboard ....

additionally, straight out the box, this router would not allow any wifi device to connect. I had to do a factory reset to get things working again.... shouldnt be necessary Netgear!

That doesn't sound like a DumaOS issue, I would highly recommend calling the Netgear 24/7 support line as it's happening frequently. If you go here and login: https://www.netgear.com/support/you should get the number to call, they can hopefully get to the bottom of the issue.