While playing Black Ops 3 on Playstation 4 I am experiencing frequent "skips" i think might be caused from packet loss. But when i do the internet diagnosis it says everything is fine. Also, i got a new modem just a couple days ago in case it was the modems fault but there is still a problem. 

I have also had this issue this evening.

There's nothing you can do.

It is NOT your Netduma's fault.

The final release version of Black Ops 3 has Alpha status when it comes to networking issues.

I have seen a video on YouTube and the YouTuber has stated that the netcode in the earlier beta version used to be better than the final product.

So, don't worry.

You could be skipping,rubber banding etc and all this can be caused by some else's bad connection not your own.All we can do is optimize our own connection,unfortunately the duma can't control somebody else's connection who is on McDonalds wifi or stealing a neighbors wifi.Next time you start skipping and stuttering check the scoreboard and I'm guessing you'll find a few connections that are 1-2 bars and that will trash a whole lobby.

Are you using preemptive or reactive algorithm?  Which ever one that you are using, try using the other one.  Which servers are you playing?  I am in San Diego, and I found that the northern CA and Seattle servers play terribly for me.  I am TWC with 60/6 cable modem (SB6141).  Which modem are you using now?  I found that Dallas and Kansas servers with a higher ping around 50-70 mS work better than the SoCal servers.  Therefore, I move my home and radius to capture Texas and Kansas - strict ON and ping assist to 0 mS.  It takes a little bit to find games, but they play more consistently.  

I noticed people talking about the geofilter. I play competitive though so I cant only be worrying about pubs. In private matches it is happening too and while im host the whole lobby is experiencing it which means its my host. I have replaced the modem 3 times since the netduma cause i dont want to believe its the netduma after i spent all this money but its not my modem for sure. Hopefully a setting can help the spikes but idk

• Netduma Staff

I noticed people talking about the geofilter. I play competitive though so I cant only be worrying about pubs. In private matches it is happening too and while im host the whole lobby is experiencing it which means its my host. I have replaced the modem 3 times since the netduma cause i dont want to believe its the netduma after i spent all this money but its not my modem for sure. Hopefully a setting can help the spikes but idk

Which modem do you have? How much bandwidth do you have?

• Administrators

Hi Dyce,

Quick question, are you playing on wireless? If so I'd highly recommend getting wired. If the distance is to great try getting home plugs. They are a great alternative. 

This is my third modem in the last 2 weeks since ive been changing them thinking they were the problem. its the same with every single one so thats not the problem. and yes i play wireless. with 50 down and 5 up. Is there ANY setting or something on the netuma to help with lag spikes?

I just tried out ping plotter and seen that its happening on their so its my internet. can the netduma help fix this with a setting? :/

It's a third party device bro, not a miracle worker.  If the plant carrying your 1's and 0's is compromised, there is no magic formula to push more data through to over ride it, or piece it out over time to try and get it across.

Think of it kind of like buying a Ferrari and then Mother Nature washes the bridge out on the road you take to town.  :D

First thing I would do is not play wireless,way more unstable...jitter,packet loss etc.

And have you tried running ping plotter on a wired connection,not wireless ?

And NO the duma can't help you with an internet issue's such as node overload,jitter.Best bet would be to call your ISP and explain the issues your having and have them send a tech out to check it out.

Just make sure you have some documented proof of the issue's to show the tech.

• Administrators

Hi mate,

Fuzzy & Dillinger are correct.

Can you try just for a short period playing wired. Does that help with the situtation? If not then I suggest you post ping plotter evidence here we can verify it for you then you can take that to your ISP.

It's extremeely rare when this happens and it means the ISP is misconfigured and you have a genuine complaint.

Merry Xmas!

This is the same issue I have experienced using wireless and posted about it yesterday from someone that was experiencing it too.  You can see the ping spikes on the console on wireless and using power line adaptors cleared all that up.  The symptoms were rubber banding (skipping) on BO3 on the console playing wirelessly.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived