still lagging

ye exactly this is a spray and pray game just like AW, ive spent time in previous cod's honing my skill and my accuracy only for it to be worthless now lol, got another vid showing me shoot a guy with a shotgun and get no hitmarkers lol

i feel your pain man, i get so many hitmarkers only for the guy i'm shooting to turn on me and kill me just by looking at me! most frustrating cod ever!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right the duma now blocks Facebook,it's part of the new update...sweet huh.

Seriously dude clam down so tired of people not having their duma set up correctly and then blaming it for everything that goes wrong on their network.It's not a POS my guess is you have it set up incorrectly or your network is not configured correctly.

If you need help ask but try to be somewhat of adult about the situation.

hows refunds work? people say be patient with router that it takes time but then time runs out on opportunity to return

Hi daz

I can see that you are frustrated but please take into consideration that we are here to help. In the link provided there are basic steps to optimally setup the netduma. Please take the time to run threw each step to make sure you are setup correctly.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=user_manual

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=fine_tune_netduma

This game used to play great for me but the last week has gone to shit. But the WTF moments happen all the time in all cod's. I personally am completely frustrated with the game right now. But you can't get to angry on here you won't get help just barked at. try looking at the wiki and let me know how you make out.

i set it up by following the links last night but it was terrible and earlier nothing worked so i did factory reset and got it working again so im not touching no settings till someone talks me through it.

if this thing dont do as advertised then i want my money back and there is a time limit on when you can return for a refund so time is a factor in getting it sorted

I used to get an A or A+ result for buffer bloat. But now I get a C or D. Will adjust the CC make it an A?

Alex - It can for buffer bloat, but I don't think you can use LESS internet and get a better speed score.  :-)

all over the forum im reading bad things about the new update but good things about the old .4, how do i install that?

Did you upgrade when you got the router?  What version are you running now?

I have the new update (m) and it's playing fine for me on PS4.  I have some screen shots to put up of 5 games with about 3.8 K/D average playing solo Kill Confirmed, but I need a patch cable to get them off my phone and hosted.

Part of what I read above indicates you might have some configuration issues.  You didn't list any of your gear, or your configuration, and I am not sure if you are playing on console or PC.

As for the clip in the first post - I can't see the kill record to determine if the game gave credit for a head shot.  I'm not saying he shot you in the head, just whether the game identified that shot as a dome shot, thus you died.

Facebook?  Not familiar with that site at all to be honest.  I don't know of a single reason the Duma would block your computer for accessing it, unless you somehow black listed their host server??   :unsure:

well facebook is working fine for me even though it should be shut down but hey thats just my grumpy old man opinion,

As others have said, If you post up some details of your settings and what you are using etc people will help you and get it sorted.

I have personaly found that this router does exactly what it claims to do and puts you into low ping lobbies.

The rest of any problems is probably game related or other factors.

Before getting this router I would scream lag at the screen so many times but now I actually look at my game play and can admit that I was not on target.

Please put up some videos of how bad it is playing so that we can watch see and advise you on what might be the problem.

Which isp are you with, console, which one or PC

What are your speeds etc.

Please :)

well facebook is working fine for me even though it should be shut down but hey thats just my grumpy old man opinion,

As others have said, If you post up some details of your settings and what you are using etc people will help you and get it sorted.

I have personaly found that this router does exactly what it claims to do and puts you into low ping lobbies.

+1

This router does everything I would expect it to do.  It can't fix what it doesn't control.  A third party game, developed in a secret box, outside of any Duma influence?  Well, you get the point.

OK to address what you have told us with the details we have.

Your ping is good at 27 MS so on the ping assist feature I would set this at around 37 MS and strict mode on, place your home where you live and hit the button top the right of the magnifying glass on the Host filtering page twice. Just for your information it takes around 300-400 ms to blink so that will put speeds into some sort of perspective for you.

The R1 designates a colour to each device, so Xbox1 is red and Jacks Xbox is green.

You will find when in a game there is only 1 large circle and this represents the host of that game and the ping in MS can be seen. If you do not have the ability to update then it is a dedicated server.

You will see when you are in a lobby after a game that there may be several large circles, that is I believe because there is not host at that time and it represents communications between players, chat etc.

You need to find out what your top speed is down and up and then in the antiflood section where you put in your speed enter a value slightly lower than what you get as that will help with buffer bloat.

Killcams are not a representation of what happened at all they are just there for people who play core to see where the corner camping little girl is hiding.

Seriously they are way off what actually happened.

Your other issues with hit markers etc may be down to the game itself, which gun you are using etc, I mean that ICR or whatever it is called is pretty much a 4-5 hit kill at mid range which means I will out shoot you with a razorback smg most of the time and you need to learn this shit. Its boring as hell but if you want an easier time go play HC. Seriously man its like a 1-2 hit kill form any range on most weapons, and if you have been playing core and trying to stay on target you will be a beast on HC.

The R1 does not promise to make you a MLG top rank player it promises to put you into lobbies with a low ping.

Tell us what ping you are getting in game from the R1 reports not the toy town blops in game ping meter.

and as I said post some videos of more game play instead of just 1 incident. This is cod, shit happens A LOT.

Please give us a few more details and I am sure people here will help you out.

argh so frustrating, bought this thing to fix lag but its not making a difference, still often taking whole mag to kill one person if im lucky and dont need more and ye people kill me witha dirty look, currently uploading short vid showing a guy shoot me through a tank with an smg and even if the tank werent there hed have missed lol, also distance set to 564 miles but the host was well over 4000 miles away

You will get the hang of it and once you know how to use it you will learn so much more.

Then you will be able to just sit back and look at the map and host stats and not worry about the settings.

I play on xbox one, my speeds are low :( 13 max down and 1 up which often drops to about 5 mb ( have my ips looking I to this) but I keep reading that bandwidth isht the problem so that's no big deal right ? Yes I have other devices but if I'm having issues they go off as xbox is priority , I'm in the uk and find that restricting the geo filter too much I don't get a game but widen the search and I might aswell disable it :( , cod has it's wtf moments yes I agree but I find that aw and black ops are full of them , I have games where movement all through out the game feels completely smooth and lag free but when I get near and enemy I get huge lag spikes, I can even tell sometimes that I'm about to die before I even see someone cause it starts to feel laggy , often it feels like the game has decided that I'm loosing my next gun fight before it's began lol, often even pre firing don't work and the game think they shot first , I have been hooked on online fps games since mw2 and have progressed since then to be 2-2.5 kd player often top score on my team not some 2-0 score camper and even a few 50 out 75 kill games on tdm . Ye the game is broken that's obvious but I bought the net Duma expecting it to fix some of the issues

I get that it takes slightly longer to get kills in this game and it's meant to make for better gun fights but it doesn't take any longer to die that's just a 1 bullet kill most of the time and yes I know it's lag but that's the problem as I can only act on what I see in real time eg I cannot kill a guy that's just walked around the corner if they game says he's already done that and emptied his gun into me half a second before he shows up on my screen lol

The duma does exactly what it's suppose to do and if you are having bad hit detection then maybe look towards you're isp,believe me this router works,last night I played and it was almost unfair just how good my hit detection was but on the wknd I couldn't kill shit,after resetting my isp hub my connection has been gold,no duma settings have changed

If your speed are dropping from your ISP then you will be probably seeing latency issues at this time also, your ping will rise.

Run netduma's net diagnostic test when at peak times and also install and run the free for 30 days pingplotter to gather the info to show your ISP

https://www.pingplotter.com/

Type 8.8.8.8 into target and press go and it will plot your ping for as long as you wish.

I see the being arsey trend is still on the up here on the forum :(

pingplotter downloading

ive read that when setting my bandwidth on the duma to set it lower than i get, is this still good advice when i only get 13 max? it also drops lower to about 5mb

If your speed are dropping from your ISP then you will be probably seeing latency issues at this time also, your ping will rise.

Run netduma's net diagnostic test when at peak times and also install and run the free for 30 days pingplotter to gather the info to show your ISP

https://www.pingplotter.com/

Type 8.8.8.8 into target and press go and it will plot your ping for as long as you wish.

I see the being arsey trend is still on the up here on the forum :(

does it auto save everything? should i touch any of the settings?

Archived