How to return for refund?

The problem here is that the router doesn't make people a god like they think. OP I'm not saying you suck at the game you're playing. Most of the posts on this forum are just user related errors. If you're investing $200+ into a gaming router to eliminate lag, you should probably learn how to use your investment. Just like the car/auto example earlier, why buy a car if you don't know how to drive it?

In the past 2 years I bought a PS4, a Netduma router, a BenQ gaming monitor, and recently got a pair of Astros... Each item I purchased was a rather expensive buy in my opinion, and I took the time out to do research and learn every detail about the item before I bought it. As an informed consumer I haven't regretted any of those gaming purchases and they all do EXACTLY what they are meant to do. Granted, I haven't used my R1 in a few weeks cause BO3 does a pretty decent  job at putting me on good servers anyway.

Its not even just about gaming though, past week I have lost 15mg speed from my 38mg overall, which is a lot. And now can't get on my PC, as its too slow (not ISP fault), and can not add a picture of my ping tests. There is way to much tinkering involved for my liking at the mo.

Baz

I do not think COD is the best representation for the effective use of the Netduma, especially in closing the lag gap as compared to those who do not use the Netduma.

​Low latency benefits many titles such as Halo, Battlefield, Counter Strike, Titanfall, Crysis and many others, but Call of Duty has a lag compensator in place that tries to even the playing field for laggy gamers, which is why even when the Netduma does place you in closer to (your) home lobbies, it can feel like it isn't working/helping.

​That fault isn't on Team Netduma but Activision and their inhouse developers i.e. 3arc, IW & SHGames.

I do not think COD is the best representation for the effective use of the Netduma, especially in closing the lag gap as compared to those who do not use the Netduma.

​Low latency benefits many titles such as Halo, Battlefield, Counter Strike, Titanfall, Crysis and many others, but Call of Duty has a lag compensator in place that tries to even the playing field for laggy gamers, which is why even when the Netduma does place you in closer to (your) home lobbies, it can feel like it isn't working/helping.

​That fault isn't on Team Netduma but Activision and their inhouse developers i.e. 3arc, IW & SHGames.

This is the problem though, most gamers bought this router for cod titles, its going to be expected a lot of people are pissed when they can't fathom how they are still being hindered no matter what optimisation you do in lag terms. The netduma founders set out to offer the right thing enhance your gaming experience with low ping and a close as host as possible. 

Unfortunately the deveoplers at cod hq have moved the goalposts and render the netduma far from optimal with these titles. i love my netduma don't regret buying one bit. With cod being

the money spinner that it is i can see another third party company having a crack at building a device to sort out this lag compensation mess, the demand is there.

i just hope the netduma boys can beat competitors to the punch with some more groundbreaking software, there is a gold mine waiting to be tapped whoever sorts the lag compensation riddle.

• Administrators

Its not even just about gaming though, past week I have lost 15mg speed from my 38mg overall, which is a lot. And now can't get on my PC, as its too slow (not ISP fault), and can not add a picture of my ping tests. There is way to much tinkering involved for my liking at the mo.

Baz

If you have 100% anti-food, reset device distribution and apply with share excess on you should have your full speeds once you do a wired speed test. 

@Ricky

For most it's getting it right the first time that is the hardest and then from there just little tweaks can be made depending on the situation. If you want a 1 on 1 to get it right I can arrange one next week.

If u have ping assist set to 0 and your filter not inside the south coast dedi server u should not connect to it unless u haven't set up the router correctly

it could be something mislocated as well

If you have 100% anti-food, reset device distribution and apply with share excess on you should have your full speeds once you do a wired speed test. 

@Ricky

For most it's getting it right the first time that is the hardest and then from there just little tweaks can be made depending on the situation. If you want a 1 on 1 to get it right I can arrange one next week.

I'll take you up on the offer Fraser, it may be a little later though as i will be switching ISP on the 4th so i will have to allow for the connection to settle. ;)

I've set it to zero mark and followed all instructions i can find. if i set PA to zero i cannot find a single game, i just deal with the connection until my isp switch that i've been waiting nearly two month for lol. once i switch i'll look into this further

there's a video on YouTube showing locations of dedi dervers for ps4 and xbone might show u another dedi other than the south coast one I'm not on ps4 but I'm sure there's a few dotted around Europe might be worth a try

• 3 weeks later...

There is no better way to play COD without a Netduma.

I have perfect hit detection in all COD's.

Adjust for bufferbloat and game on!!!!

I have, i can't get any better than b's then "f" for quality as i have had to lower the download and upload bars.

I have, i can't get any better than b's then "f" for quality as i have had to lower the download and upload bars.

Don't worry about the line quality rating just get the bufferbloat as best as you can.

Try 60%down and 50%up

Archived