How to return for refund?

Sorry to hear you've not had such a great experience with your R1 router but considering you haven't given a run down on what you've done to try and resolve your problems may I suggest you try following the steps from the first post here.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/9124-major-router-upgrade-now-available-v-1035/

I'm guessing returns for faulty hardware would be warranted but possible user error or lack of knowledge on an item you've owned a week would likely void an exchange request let alone a refund.

That's not an insult, I've noticed a few others with higher post counts than yourself also have trouble getting their router to work properly because they'd overlook the steps needed to get it optimized.

Best of luck.

I have had this router 1 week, tried all kinds of settings and software updates to no avail I want to return it for refund as it doesn't in it present state do as described. What is the process please Fraser?

Let us know how it goes man. This router does what it is described to do. We are all here to help. Remember to quote my post when replying to me so that I get notification that you responded. I hope you fix your troubles soon! If you give us more information about your network we can start to give you tips.

Let us know how it goes man. This router does what it is described to do. We are all here to help. Remember to quote my post when replying to me so that I get notification that you responded. I hope you fix your troubles soon! If you give us more information about your network we can start to give you tips.

So after the 1 on 1 with Fraser I had little time to try it out, mainly Fifa which is horrible online anyways. I had a few games of Black Ops with very similar experiences to without the Duma. Last night however I played some Destiny, did a raid just fine then got into some trials matches. 5 matches in and a weasel error, no padlocks or anything just booted to loading screen.

Not happy.........

For those who say it's user error, I say look at Fraser, he set it up for me.

For the record he changed 2 settings, he unticked upnp and changed the range on the geofilter slightly so my settings were pretty much on the money.

I'm welcome to any more of your suggestions but my patience is wearing thin right now.

Have you checked your base ping on speedtest.net? You base ping +10ms or so will be the lowest ping you can ever get to a server. The only thing the Netduma is going to do is connect you to the best connection possible based on ping. But let's say your base ping is 50ms, you are not going to ping to the server at anything below 58ms - 60ms. I'm assuming because you're ping is 65ms that your base ping from your ISP is around 55ms. There is nothing the Netduma can do if you base ping is high. 

No refunds u buy it u stuck with it!!! What kind of company don't offer refunds because they say it works maybe it don't work for everybody because I've been going through the same thing for the last three week I get better games when I unhook the so call dominate lag router I guess this web page is our customer support because I'm tired of have 2 come on this web page to get answer on how 2 get this router 2 work and it still not doing with it's advertise to do so I guess the people who it don't work for is just out of luck no refunds they just going to tell u that you haven't tried all the setting but I have and it still not working now what nothing$200 down the drain

Have you checked your base ping on speedtest.net? You base ping +10ms or so will be the lowest ping you can ever get to a server. The only thing the Netduma is going to do is connect you to the best connection possible based on ping. But let's say your base ping is 50ms, you are not going to ping to the server at anything below 58ms - 60ms. I'm assuming because you're ping is 65ms that your base ping from your ISP is around 55ms. There is nothing the Netduma can do if you base ping is high. 

My base ping is 25 m/s chief.

He is actually getting a refund because he was within the timeline for it. When I did a 1 on 1 with you pings were fine, I am still conversing with you in PMs to help resolve it

Thanks for the response Fraser. Look forward to your PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Netduma Staff

Mmmmmm, I'm also on the fence about this router at mo, had it also a week. Went through all settings. Bit of a bummer if there is no refund after giving it a go.

Happy new year everyone.

Are you having more issues other than the ones you've mentioned in your thread? Happy new year! :)

• Administrators

Mmmmmm, I'm also on the fence about this router at mo, had it also a week. Went through all settings. Bit of a bummer if there is no refund after giving it a go.

Happy new year everyone.

Very happy to do a 1 on 1 with you once I've done ones with those that have requested it in the new year. 

Happy new year :)

• Netduma Staff

Just gone on PC, and internet incredibly slow, to a point it displays "This webpage is not available".

PS sorry for hijacking your thread Moobs.

What modem do you have? Try resetting device prioritisation.

Sorry to hear you've not had such a great experience with your R1 router but considering you haven't given a run down on what you've done to try and resolve your problems may I suggest you try following the steps from the first post here.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/9124-major-router-upgrade-now-available-v-1035/

I'm guessing returns for faulty hardware would be warranted but possible user error or lack of knowledge on an item you've owned a week would likely void an exchange request let alone a refund.

That's not an insult, I've noticed a few others with higher post counts than yourself also have trouble getting their router to work properly because they'd overlook the steps needed to get it optimized.

Best of luck.

The problem i see with a netduma purchase is the research and time you have to put into it to get it right. When i purchased this router i never expected such a headache trying to get it right, the over all setup was not what i expected either.

I think what we have to understand here is that the netduma claims to eliminate lag, users are not seeing this and are getting upset as they have purchased an item that is not providing the service it claims to give. As far as i know thats a refund case in its own right and i know as a business seller that the likes of PayPal will refund due the the protection program.

I for one is greatfull that i can come here for help, but should people be experiencing issues in the first place?

The problem i see with a netduma purchase is the research and time you have to put into it to get it right. When i purchased this router i never expected such a headache trying to get it right, the over all setup was not what i expected either.

I think what we have to understand here is that the netduma claims to eliminate lag, users are not seeing this and are getting upset as they have purchased an item that is not providing the service it claims to give. As far as i know thats a refund case in its own right and i know as a business seller that the likes of PayPal will refund due the the protection program.

I for one is greatfull that i can come here for help, but should people be experiencing issues in the first place?

If you went to an auto dealership and purchased a vehicle and you didn't maintain it right, would you be able to ask the dealer for a refund?

Most of the netduma users are adults and savvy gamers so they can get used to the system pretty good.

Others not so much and need a little help and when they get it right then they are happy campers (hopefully not campers in game)

Some might even be underage kids whos parents buy them anything and so they think they can just plug it in and whalaa!!

No!!! it is not like that and those customers who probably don't even tinker with their routers before or who parents don't even do that will have issues.

If you went to an auto dealership and purchased a vehicle and you didn't maintain it right, would you be able to ask the dealer for a refund?

Most of the netduma users are adults and savvy gamers so they can get used to the system pretty good.

Others not so much and need a little help and when they get it right then they are happy campers (hopefully not campers in game)

Some might even be underage kids whos parents buy them anything and so they think they can just plug it in and whalaa!!

No!!! it is not like that and those customers who probably don't even tinker with their routers before or who parents don't even do that will have issues.

Every dealership in the UK that i know of offers 3 month warranty. Any issues and the car is returned. If you cover yourself with the correct type of payment method and do things by the book as such an unhappy customer should grant a refund,  Anyways were speaking of an electrical item not a motor so i wont really dive into details because the bottom line is, if i was was to call the dealership up after a week or so as I'm having issues with my purchase i would not be very happy.

I'm not stating you guys don't offer a service as I've been very happy with admin and users on here regards the help they have provided. I would like to think i fall into the (adults and savvy gamers) category but i admit that i have struggled to understand the setup of the netduma at first and still tinkering around to find the best setting/host i can, problem is the south dedicated server that i cannot block spoils my gaming as I'm 98% connected to it not matter what i try. I'm aware of the temp dedi block by the way and i'm looking forward to it :)

This router does not support the likes of Battlefront to which i was unhappy to learn.

Netduma, For Gamers (Why chose Netduma)

Netduma claims to NEVER play a long distance game, that may be true regards Host but it will not stop lag from other players connected to the same server as it could be more beneficial from one to the next. Players outside my geo filter connected to the host inside my range do not show up for me so i cannot manually deny the player i experience lag with.

Deny & Allow, permanently block low quality host. In my case the low quality host is the south server that i cannot deny.

Now as a customer of yours i did expect a plug and play device, i did not expect to have the troubles i have after parting with my money

I think the issue here is the type of customer your dealing with as they are unexpectedly finding themselves setting up a router that maybe they thought was plug and play ;)

Evan though i'm not 100% happy with the device i see its logic but the support for one of the best selling games of all time needs tweaking, something I'm willing to wait for!

I also hope that Battlefront is also supported as this is why i purchased the the netduma router

Regards

Archived