Destiny - Quail, Beaver, General Network Errors

I've put the Destiny update out now. Please have auto cloud & bleeding edge cloud ticked and applied in settings > miscellaneous. It may take up to 4 hours to propagate. Please let me know your feedback.

Hi, how do i verify that i've got this update applied?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had constant problems with this yet again......

It's iron banner and I can't seem to get a game at the min without it kicking me or network errors with host filtering on

I really am starting to lose hope with this.

Yeah it seems like something is broken again. So many outside the radius are getting into my games and very often i get kicked while loading in. A friend of mine bought the router last week and kept the original firmware and he has no problems. Fraser can you link me some old firmwares so i can try one of those? Because right now its pretty useless again, no idea whats going on.

I've had a lot of Beaver errors this week but each time a server with a padlock appeared either in central on off the west coast of America. I was able to add these as 'Allowed' hosts. I've had to add 16 this week! I've not had any issues getting into games as long as I do this. I wonder if Bungie/Activision have brought a bunch of new servers online over the holidays. 

I can say normal control/clash gas been unplayable red bars,teleporters,no hit detection even when in green bars,real and major server issues there end.

The duma cant compete with Destinys lack of matchmaking issues...pvp has become unplayable recently.

But im on latest software and works fine..but even i cant compete with the Bungie laggy servers.

Although iron b..seemed to play stable.

I can say normal control/clash gas been unplayable red bars,teleporters,no hit detection even when in green bars,real and major server issues there end.

The duma cant compete with Destinys lack of matchmaking issues...pvp has become unplayable recently.

But im on latest software and works fine..but even i cant compete with the Bungie laggy servers.

Although iron b..seemed to play stable.

I keep getting matched against americans 24/7. Somehow they get thru the lobbys alot even with geo on and it results in me getting error all the time.

Ah really...my Virgin is down at the moment so im duma off,its noticeable,how are you getting matched with Americans tho..is geo having issues? Red circles are outside the geo..?I only ever get matched with who is in my geo.

But for whatever reason i see a red circle in Seattle area (bungie) that i can do nothin about and i can trace it back to me..with abiut 1200ms .that causes issues.

Wish you where in xb1 youd love my laggy clips. DESTINY is not having a good online experience. .everyone is red yellow..and rubbebanding.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using my Netduma steadily since the last firmware update (1.03.5), and over all had very poor results.

Good points:

• I am no longer getting kicked as often while flying in

Bad points:

• I am still being kicked while flying in
  • Matchmaking is extremely slow
  • Matches are extremely laggy
  • Matchmaking is significantly faster with the geo filter turned off
  • Lag is significantly improved with the geo filter turned off

I think the reason the Netduma is performing so poorly is because Bungie changed Destiny's matchmaking from connection based to skill based about the time I started this thread. I don't think the Netduma is able to overcome this like it can with other games to provide us with the lag free games we desire on Destiny. 

I only play Destiny multiplayer now. I don't like Call of Duty. I bought my Netduma to do what it advertised - eliminate lag. It doesn't do that for me, in fact it does the opposite. Not only that, but I have other problems with it as well. It drops my wireless laser printer off my network for no reason and also drops the network connection between my iOS devices and my iMac when I'm streaming video.

Because of these reasons, I will be pursuing a refund on my Netduma.

Starting today I've been having a red connection using the netduma.  This is a completely brand new issue which does not fix itself by rebooting the router.  I have to reboot the PS4 for an hour or so of good gaming.

• Administrators

I've been using my Netduma steadily since the last firmware update (1.03.5), and over all had very poor results.

Good points:

• I am no longer getting kicked as often while flying in

Bad points:

• I am still being kicked while flying in
  • Matchmaking is extremely slow
  • Matches are extremely laggy
  • Matchmaking is significantly faster with the geo filter turned off
  • Lag is significantly improved with the geo filter turned off

I think the reason the Netduma is performing so poorly is because Bungie changed Destiny's matchmaking from connection based to skill based about the time I started this thread. I don't think the Netduma is able to overcome this like it can with other games to provide us with the lag free games we desire on Destiny. 

I only play Destiny multiplayer now. I don't like Call of Duty. I bought my Netduma to do what it advertised - eliminate lag. It doesn't do that for me, in fact it does the opposite. Not only that, but I have other problems with it as well. It drops my wireless laser printer off my network for no reason and also drops the network connection between my iOS devices and my iMac when I'm streaming video.

Because of these reasons, I will be pursuing a refund on my Netduma.

Do you have strict off and auto&bleeding edge cloud enabled and applied? 

What are your Geo-filter settings?

Starting today I've been having a red connection using the netduma.  This is a completely brand new issue which does not fix itself by rebooting the router.  I have to reboot the PS4 for an hour or so of good gaming.

Strict off with auto&bleeding edge cloud applied? 

Perhaps we need to do a cloud update for Destiny again. It seems to require the most cloud maintenance. 

The wireless issues can easily be resolved by turning off wifi workaround in settings > miscellaneous. 

Do you have strict off and auto&bleeding edge cloud enabled and applied? 

What are your Geo-filter settings?

Strict off with auto&bleeding edge cloud applied? 

Perhaps we need to do a cloud update for Destiny again. It seems to require the most cloud maintenance. 

The wireless issues can easily be resolved by turning off wifi workaround in settings > miscellaneous. 

Strict Mode
Unticked

Filter by Distance
1000 km

Ping Assist
0.00 ms

Enable auto cloud
Ticked

Bleeding edge cloud
Ticked

Enable wifi work-around (has had no impact in dropping connection to my printer or dropping connection between my iMac and iOS devices)
Ticked

All these settings were set by you Fraser during our one on one.

At this point, I can't see another cloud update fixing the problems I've outlined. I also have issues with my previous cloud update experiences:
  • Cloud updates take too long to be implemented.
  • Regular cloud updates don't appear to be a priority.
  • Cloud updates for Destiny don't appear to be on your radar unless I update this thread.
  • If these issues could have been fixed, they would have been fixed by now.
  • Good support for Destiny PVP does not appear to be a priority (it took a number of weeks for support to get hold of a copy of the most recent version - The Taken King - to reproduce the errors we have been experiencing).

I hope this post doesn't come across as ungrateful. I just want to state my concerns. I am very grateful for the efforts made in the lead up to the 1.03.5 firmware release and associated cloud update, however I am tired of expending so much effort in trying to get this router to work the way it is supposed to for Destiny. 

New user, so I'm a bit of a newb with this router, but I've been getting Beaver all the time. 

This commonly happens going to Tower and when matchmaking is complete in PVP and loading the game.  During Iron Banner, it wasn't so bad, but lately it has gotten really bad.

I'm also getting Babooned a lot in game.  This happens roughly 30 seconds -1 minute into a PVP match or PVE Strikes with randoms.  It will successfully reconnect me to the match, but take away all my ammo except primary (not fun),  

Any help is much appreciated.

New user, so I'm a bit of a newb with this router, but I've been getting Beaver all the time. 

This commonly happens going to Tower and when matchmaking is complete in PVP and loading the game.  During Iron Banner, it wasn't so bad, but lately it has gotten really bad.

I'm also getting Babooned a lot in game.  This happens roughly 30 seconds -1 minute into a PVP match or PVE Strikes with randoms.  It will successfully reconnect me to the match, but take away all my ammo except primary (not fun),  

Any help is much appreciated.

Areksoo,

Your experiences are very similar to mine. You will discover that at present, you will get a better Destiny experience by turning the geo filter off. This of course, makes the router pointless.

• Administrators

At this point, I can't see another cloud update fixing the problems I've outlined. I also have issues with my previous cloud update experiences:

• Cloud updates take too long to be implemented.
  • Regular cloud updates don't appear to be a priority.
  • Cloud updates for Destiny don't appear to be on your radar unless I update this thread.
  • If these issues could have been fixed, they would have been fixed by now.
  • Good support for Destiny PVP does not appear to be a priority (it took a number of weeks for support to get hold of a copy of the most recent version - The Taken King - to reproduce the errors we have been experiencing).

I hope this post doesn't come across as ungrateful. I just want to state my concerns. I am very grateful for the efforts made in the lead up to the 1.03.5 firmware release and associated cloud update, however I am tired of expending so much effort in trying to get this router to work the way it is supposed to for Destiny. 

Make sure wifi workaround is un ticked for your issues.

I totally understand your concerns and hopefully I can ease those a little or at least tell you how it is from our point of view. 

• Cloud updates take too long to be implemented. - Cloud updates take a long time to do. We need to test the game for a period of time, collect all the servers we think are needed. Then go through putting it on the cloud. Incorrect locations being the most time consuming in terms of actually putting into the cloud.
  • Regular cloud updates don't appear to be a priority. - As it takes a long time I have to carve out a significant portion of my day to do it. This is easier said than done, given all of the things I need to get done in a day.
  • Cloud updates for Destiny don't appear to be on your radar unless I update this thread. - I can't always test every game regularly to ensure the best optimisation so the best way for me to know is by people telling me on the forum.
  • If these issues could have been fixed, they would have been fixed by now. - Destiny issues after the last cloud have only been popping up recently. I need to ascertain how many people it is happening to, whether they have incorrect settings etc before I can think about doing a cloud.
  • Good support for Destiny PVP does not appear to be a priority (it took a number of weeks for support to get hold of a copy of the most recent version - The Taken King - to reproduce the errors we have been experiencing). - At this point I was not aware that the matchmaking (or at least the behind the scenes servers being used) had changed quite a bit with the recent version. That was my mistake.

Hope that explains it a bit better. I'm not trying to make excuses, that's just how it is. Destiny seems to be by far the game that needs tweaking often. I will test the game tomorrow as well as do a cloud update. I'll just make the time even If I can't do the other things I need to do. 

Areksoo,

Your experiences are very similar to mine. You will discover that at present, you will get a better Destiny experience by turning the geo filter off. This of course, makes the router pointless.

I extended mine to encompass all of Canada and US.  That minimized the connection issues during the last Iron Banner.  It was actually quite lag free for me as well.   But since then, I cannot do daily crucible matches without getting Beavered 3-4 times until it finds a match.  Then any match I do get in the Baboon error pops up a 3rd of the time.

Make sure wifi workaround is un ticked for your issues.

I totally understand your concerns and hopefully I can ease those a little or at least tell you how it is from our point of view. 

• Cloud updates take too long to be implemented. - Cloud updates take a long time to do. We need to test the game for a period of time, collect all the servers we think are needed. Then go through putting it on the cloud. Incorrect locations being the most time consuming in terms of actually putting into the cloud.
  • Regular cloud updates don't appear to be a priority. - As it takes a long time I have to carve out a significant portion of my day to do it. This is easier said than done, given all of the things I need to get done in a day.
  • Cloud updates for Destiny don't appear to be on your radar unless I update this thread. - I can't always test every game regularly to ensure the best optimisation so the best way for me to know is by people telling me on the forum.
  • If these issues could have been fixed, they would have been fixed by now. - Destiny issues after the last cloud have only been popping up recently. I need to ascertain how many people it is happening to, whether they have incorrect settings etc before I can think about doing a cloud.
  • Good support for Destiny PVP does not appear to be a priority (it took a number of weeks for support to get hold of a copy of the most recent version - The Taken King - to reproduce the errors we have been experiencing). - At this point I was not aware that the matchmaking (or at least the behind the scenes servers being used) had changed quite a bit with the recent version. That was my mistake.

Hope that explains it a bit better. I'm not trying to make excuses, that's just how it is. Destiny seems to be by far the game that needs tweaking often. I will test the game tomorrow as well as do a cloud update. I'll just make the time even If I can't do the other things I need to do. 

Any help is appreciated.  

I'm getting same issues I got my router a month ago and it was great for about 3 weeks and for the past week with geo on I can't get any players to cennect or games within 2000km range, instead I get connected with people on the other side of the planet , but with geo off I get games in my area but are extremely laggy and when I disconnect my router and connect back my old optimum online router I don't have issues just sometimes random lagers and lagswitches so definitely there's more issues with this router than the game it self, and I don't understand why net Duma even advertises that they help eliminate lag with destiny game as its not try even that the router is well really pricey

I've been getting a lot of Beaver errors also but I've managed a workaround of sorts. I do the following:-

• Enable strict mode
  • Enable geo filter
  • Enable ping assist 

The above settings have the effect of showing a lot of dedicated 'padlock' servers when trying to find a game. Mostly off the West coast of the US. I then 'Allow' these servers and then re-try matchmaking. Most times this works unless the another new dedicated server is found then I have to repeat the process.

So far, since the end of December I've added 25 dedicated Destiny servers. 

As a counter point to previous user experiences, mine has been positive.

No kicks in quite awhile and generally a solid connection.

That being said, aside from a few servers hosting players from outside my Geo-Filter range which of course results in a poorer experience, there is something amiss.

The issue I'm experiencing is when players can be either outside my filter or inside, hard to tell as you do get occasional yellow triangles flash up outside my Geo which I put down as players in my Lobby, and I have a really bad experience lag wise. Seemingly, worse than the players who are 1000's of miles away from the hosts and certainly worse than my fireteam friends, who are generally within the UK like myself and I'm speaking to over chat.

I stress this is not always happening but it is a reoccurring issue

Over the weekend this has been at times very apparent, within the game mode, Trials of Osiris. This game made works differently than the rest of the PvP within Destiny as it matches you with players on similar results as your team.  IE, on a 5 game win streak, you match up against a team with a 5 game win streak. The Geo-filter still works as it should and usually the hosts are close to myself.

At times during these matches, usually versus players from the USA, it felt that i would have the worst of it. Now this could be an ISP issue on my part, sure but from previous experience it feels that as the Party leader I was bearing the brunt of the problem, over my Fireteam.

This all being said, Destiny is widely known to be having very bad connection issues throughout the PvP side of the game, which undoubtedly a router can only do so much with.

I would very much like to do anything to help the NetDuma team with these issues, especially within the Trials of Osiris game mode as this requires players reaching certain parameters before they can enter it, IE spending alot of time leveling characters which I'm pretty sure the Developers of the NetDuma have not got time for. So anything I can help with please ask away.

Hi,im also a long time Destiny player mainlly pvp,and scince the last cloud update not been kicked once with Beaver !

Due to Virgin Broadband being usless(seperate issue),i have had to use Bt adsl and ive been almost strugling to play pvp or blops3 with this connection,so i have to say the Duma when its working for me.....works fine...Destiny itself is a complete mess for connection its almost ridicolous.

Ive played with geo off many times,yes Destiny will play ok,but geo on and its by far better, lag of course ...but thats Destiny nothing else,im by no means saying Duma is a must but it does stop 50%of poor connection games.

Again i havent been kicked scince last update..

But this is only my opinion and of course you everyone gets there router,connection gameplay sorted...ive waited 4 weeks for Virgin to fix a simple issue..i no the Frustration,,,you want lag go play blops3 lol

Archived