Destiny - Quail, Beaver, General Network Errors

• Administrators

My radius is about 1000km, with or without PA on 0 or 30 without strict i still get people from US,ASIA etc into the lobbys. There is no dedicated servers in destiny by the way, all P2P.

There are actually dedicated servers. It's sort of a hybrid between P2P and dedicated servers. For example, you're seeing those people far away but I bet they are appearing as blocked hosts. This is because they're still in the game but connected to a dedicated server that is within your radius. So they're probably having a horrible game but yours is good because technically everything you're connected to is within your radius/slightly outside, hope that makes sense. 

For updates on Destiny check http://forum.netduma.com/topic/9744-destiny-taken-king-cloud/

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are actually dedicated servers. It's sort of a hybrid between P2P and dedicated servers. For example, you're seeing those people far away but I bet they are appearing as blocked hosts. This is because they're still in the game but connected to a dedicated server that is within your radius. So they're probably having a horrible game but yours is good because technically everything you're connected to is within your radius/slightly outside, hope that makes sense. 

For updates on Destiny check http://forum.netduma.com/topic/9744-destiny-taken-king-cloud/

Its wierd because it always seems to affect me when i play americans and not them. Im still pretty sure there is no dedicated servers at all in destiny, ive played about 9000 games or so. If there was dedicated servers/semi dedicated the games wouldnt be having issues because of one bad connection in the lobby?

Heads up aswell, with the latest patch in destiny 2 days ago they changed the matchmaking alot. Its like there are no restrictions at all, getting americans all the time, its now also more based on your skill level. Dunno how this will affect geo filter.

Hey you on xbox one Red?,i played last night and kicked everygame once i had the first "beaver" issue,matchmaking seemed ok but i must say the duma does make a diiference with gameplay...looking forward to the fix tho,as at the moment im just direct into super hub2.

Hey you on xbox one Red?,i played last night and kicked everygame once i had the first "beaver" issue,matchmaking seemed ok but i must say the duma does make a diiference with gameplay...looking forward to the fix tho,as at the moment im just direct into super hub2.

Im on PS4 :)

My radius is about 1000km, with or without PA on 0 or 30 without strict i still get people from US,ASIA etc into the lobbys. There is no dedicated servers in destiny by the way, all P2P.

Hi Redcheat, if you would like to know more about Destiny matchmaking and host system you should read this

http://twvideo01.ubm-us.net/o1/vault/gdc2015/presentations/Truman_Justin_Shared_World_Shooter.pdf

Hi Redcheat, saw your post on CruciblePlaybook. Same here, had to turn GeoFilter off. Even before latest patch i had to turn it off, or i'd get booted from Trials ruining my (already slim) chances of a lighthouse run! Had some very sweaty Skirmish games last night, which is good, but unsustainable, and several bullet sponges (I need to remember to check host locations on netduma)

Will have a few games of control tonight to see how it goes,just reset Duma up and will hopefully return the postive results,playing without it leads to some interesting matchmaking,i see more red bars when duma is disconnected,so it shows it for sure, a more postive experience,but Destiny servers in general at the moment are having issues,last night i was "CONTACTING DESTINY SERVERS " quite often even tho i was green bars...?

I've put the Destiny update out now. Please have auto cloud & bleeding edge cloud ticked and applied in settings > miscellaneous. It may take up to 4 hours to propagate. Please let me know your feedback.

Sounds great fraser, i will do alot of testing during the weekend and give feedback ^^

Good work fraser, this has fixed the problem. The only problem right now is getting into a game already running, gotta disable before joining the game or you will get an error, nothing to do there i think. One major thing is how bungie changed the matchmaking system with last patch, im constantly getting amercian connections which makes using geo filter right now obsolete ;;, i can sit in orbit for 10minutes easily without getting any game going because the game is searching for people with equal skill level rather than good connections.

• Administrators

Good work fraser, this has fixed the problem. The only problem right now is getting into a game already running, gotta disable before joining the game or you will get an error, nothing to do there i think. One major thing is how bungie changed the matchmaking system with last patch, im constantly getting amercian connections which makes using geo filter right now obsolete ;;, i can sit in orbit for 10minutes easily without getting any game going because the game is searching for people with equal skill level rather than good connections.

See if you can get an ID when it tries to join you to a game in progress.

They should just connect to the dedicated server in your radius and therefore not impact your connection as much.

Archived