Destiny - Quail, Beaver, General Network Errors

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all, just got the router today. Been playing around with it and when I use the distance search for a host it seems to work just fine, when I add in Ping Assist is when it all gets really messed up. 

Fraser -- I will PM you right now, let me know if you want to do a 1 on 1 and maybe together we can get this fixed.

My set-up goes:

Geo:ON

Strict mode:OFF

Radius: 1000mi / 1615km

Peer Ping: Checked

I get kicked in a 4 hour gaming session at least once.

Once I turn on Strict mode I increase the radius so that it covers all of USA and a bit of CA and Mexico.

I'll get the ocasional boot but not as much as before and that was pretty much every other game.

Never use Strict mode on mine,but id get kicked at least twice in two hours,i did have ping assist on tho.But Frasier checked my settings and all was good so confused why we are all getting kicked latley.Not sure what the recent issue is to be honest.

2 times an hour is not bad compared to me, I might get to play 2 to 4 games in an hour. I keep getting booted over and over when flying into a game with the beaver error , its so difficult to find a game and not get booted during the game that I don't play Destiny that much anymore. I have tried every setup suggested but no luck

Sorry to hear that,really am its quite frustrating i can understand that, even im getting slightly mythed by it all,ive even now disconnected it,but i agree the duma does work as you can tell the difference in game play,but rather that than being disconnected all the time ...i also get "beaver".

There are times when I feel like I wasted my money on this router. Basically purchased it for Destiny. I should have read through the forums first before making the jump. I only found out afterwards that Destiny in general was not a good match with this router after doing a search for "Destiny Settings" that even with the suggested settings, it wasn't that great at all. I still feel confident that they'll find a work around but I honestly feel that it's all in Destiny's shitty network coding.

I've had good luck with using the geo filter with the distance. I have NOT been using the ping assist, just the distance and I haven't had any issues. I cannot wait until they add the feature in where you can click on the ping bar graphs and block them from that way. Will make it hell of a lot easier to block large people

Fraser

As per our Direct Message conversation - here are some ID's. They have been taken over the course of today and yesterday evenings.

Outside filter range host ID's (yellow triangles) during matchmaking:

• ce546530f16dcdd2
  • 4b5318e3f0eaf9fe
  • 2e5cc792f9cd9499
  • 6e0295609f0deef3
  • c45a521df7632025
  • 8b5ea873fb2a5f64
  • 335e6c37fbd2282d
  • 0850814ceda7474c
  • d33e4d18db72d6db
  • 921fdea9bc318d92
  • 595d28f3faf82126
  • 682e804bcb070409

Outside filter range host ID's (yellow triangles) directly after kick (very rare):
  • 67595924f6068186
  • ba5701ccf4590c11

Have you been able to replicate the problems yourself yet Fraser?

After upgrading to the new version yesterday today has been a real hell playing destiny. Before the update using same settings the matchmaking was working way better. Tonight ive gotten so many errors trying to matchmake. Im located in sweden and i use these settings:

Geo-filter:

Peer ping: checked

F. distance: 1200km

P. assist: 30

and yes i have changed the playstation network service and refreshed etc. I am on a 250/100 fiber connection, finally able to enjoy full download speeds but this matchmaking problems are starting to become a headache.

There are alot of connections outside the radius sneaking past all the time, before the patch it didnt use to be this many and didnt give any errors.

You may take a look at the router if you want.

After upgrading to the new version yesterday today has been a real hell playing destiny. Before the update using same settings the matchmaking was working way better. Tonight ive gotten so many errors trying to matchmake. Im located in sweden and i use these settings:

Geo-filter:

Peer ping: checked

F. distance: 1200km

P. assist: 30

and yes i have changed the playstation network service and refreshed etc. I am on a 250/100 fiber connection, finally able to enjoy full download speeds but this matchmaking problems are starting to become a headache.

There are alot of connections outside the radius sneaking past all the time, before the patch it didnt use to be this many and didnt give any errors.

You may take a look at the router if you want.

I was told to NOT use the ping assist with destiny.

• Administrators

Great thank you dai! I will hopefully test it out tomorrow. 

Red ensure you have strict off and I would also turn PA to 0. 

If you're getting booted please do look for IDs like dai did so I can add them to the cloud.

Archived