Netduma seems to be useless in the UK

ejsilk

For something that cost £150, I’m getting lag comped to hell and back where other players are killing me with two bullets from a smg.

Players in france seem to be un-killable with their 3bar connection and crap internet, the same with German players.

No matter what setting I use im constantly behind with ping that's exceptional jitter and spike exceptional with no packet loss.

What the f*%k!!!!

• Netduma Staff

The Netduma doesn't, nor does it claim to be able to counter 'lag compensation'. It's purpose is to give a low ping the host and in just about all cases, low ping to the host does stop 'lag'.

If you are lagging, can you post the information from here and that might show something up that can be changed improve your experience. Also keep in mind that if this is Bops3 you are having problems with, there is still an update to be released for the Netduma and the cloud is still being optimised. Not to mention the game itself needs fixing.

Thanks it was bops 3.

I was not bashing the Netduma, just the fact that in the UK, even with 80 down and 20 up fiber optic, we still can’t get a decent. And I know that I’m not the only one.

I don't think i've had  decent game since its release 

Your up and download rate does not have much to do with it to be honest. It's all about ping.

In my experience on blops 3 when it first came out the game was OK then after a few hot fixes it seemed too play awful for the last few nights. Tonight I am a gaming god. Hit detection on the money even on core games of team camp match and scores I could only dream of as an old man. lol

I am sure tomorrow will return to a pile of poo but The R1 is doing it's job. Highest ping I have encountered is 30 ms most are 12 - 15

For something that cost £150, I’m getting lag comped to hell and back where other players are killing me with two bullets from a smg.

Players in france seem to be un-killable with their 3bar connection and crap internet, the same with German players.

No matter what setting I use im constantly behind with ping that's exceptional jitter and spike exceptional with no packet loss.

What the f*%k!!!!

Have you tried http://forum.netduma.com/topic/8932-best-ps4-and-black-ops-3-settings-for-uk-updated/

Thanks it was bops 3.

I was not bashing the Netduma, just the fact that in the UK, even with 80 down and 20 up fiber optic, we still can’t get a decent. And I know that I’m not the only one.

I don't think i've had  decent game since its release 

funny you say that, ive not had a decent game since the Sunday black ops 3 was released. every game shows server as america, with filter on i can play 1 game then get kicked from xbl, turn filter off and i can log back in, play one game and so on.

Ive been using the Gorgon, 2 bullet kill, pmsl it taking more 5-6 to kill on the crappy connection

Hi,

Yep I've tried your settings RADDY, and still having a nightmare on Blops 3.

It could even be my service provider (TalkTalk) as I found that their ping wildly fluctuates at times between 15ms to 150ms and sometimes 300ms. And that’s pinging from inside their router the HG635.

Anyone know of a decent ISP that’s good for gaming and does fibre? 

What the f*%k!!!!

I have the same problem with french and german players, what I did was change my location to northern greece and set my geo filter to exclude most of france, try setting ur geo filter to about 300KM.  You'll connect to german hosts but the lag comp will be on ur side....u'll still have the odd bad game though.

also there is a terrible dedicated server in the south east uk, make sure ur not connecting to that dedi.

The Net Duma is the best bit of kit i own! "im in the UK"

As for BO3 im sure there are many threads discussing the issues with Connections. at press the connections are very hit and miss for myself. i tend to find that the time i play makes a difference. Try and avoid peak times between 1900/2200 feels like im shooting blanks!

Lets not forget that these 'dedicated' servers are not really what they say on the tin, its a hybrid system which starts with a host. Everybody will have a different experience connecting to different hosts & 'dedicated' servers.

Forgive me but no one can say for sure that you should be avoiding this & that server, unless there are lots of reports obviously like Seattle(AW) and Kansas(bo3)

Archived