Black ops 2 has just given me hope!!!!

bagsta69

I have a glimmer of hope, fed up of AW I put Black ops 2 disk into my PS3 and fired it up.

I tried this a couple of months ago and played like it always had for me, Shite.

Got put onto a dedicated server in the Netherlands and it played sweet as a playboy bunnies underwear.

Hit detection bang on only a few hits to kill on CORE TDM, Shame about the shameless campers but I at least have a little hope now for Black Ops3 :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, I just wish that it played like this whilst it was the game of the moment.

After playing Black ops 2 before, Ghosts and AW on HC as it was pretty much the only mode I could play and get a kill, to play a game this smooth and sharp on core is almost like a revelation. The last game that played like this for me was cod4.

Lets hope it stays this way for black ops 3. :)

LOL, I just wish that it played like this whilst it was the game of the moment.

After playing Black ops 2 before, Ghosts and AW on HC as it was pretty much the only mode I could play and get a kill, to play a game this smooth and sharp on core is almost like a revelation. The last game that played like this for me was cod4.

Lets hope it stays this way for black ops 3. :)

Amen to that brother. It's a shame really because I only got to have a couple of games on the beta, so no time to really get a feel for the maps or weapons. I liked the under water stuff though and simjc's vids make it sound pretty cool.

That's actually good to hear about the playing on the dedi and how it felt.  I have been playing on dedi's about 33% of the time for the last week or so.  The San Fran dedi seems to play okay, but the Seattle one still has those head scratching moments.

But, if you are playing on dedi's there and I am playing on them here, that furthers my thinking that they are most likely hosting Black Ops 3 on the same servers for either an advanced testing group or pro players currently.  That makes me feel a bit better going into November.

I wish I had a Duma when the game was first out.  I would have put up with everything else and still had a good time....LOL

Yebs guys thats sounds interesting.

Before I moved to london i sold my ps3 with 35+ games. Now when I have the duma I am ding to try out some older cod games. Just as you did bangsta.

I have hopes.#invanwetrust #indumawetrust

Yep I sold all cod games as before the netduma they were pretty much unplayable. I still got ps3 though as my kids love Minecraft

Almost wish I had some of the older titles just to try! Oh well not long too long till blops3........ I always start to get quite excited before launch!

i just tried a few games of bo2 with my ps3 first time with duma before i haited it over lag comp

now with duma loving it .

do you guys throttle your speeds in congestion control

as  in simjc74 vids he throttles with duma as well

i just tried a few games of bo2 with my ps3 first time with duma before i haited it over lag comp

now with duma loving it .

do you guys throttle your speeds in congestion control

as  in simjc74 vids he throttles with duma as well

I dont throttle my speed at all.

I use to do that before the duma and it did help sometimes and other times it didnt make any difference. Since the DUMA times I have put my speeds in to bandwidth section and put my sliders on 70 and it has been that way ever since. I have never looked back to change this settings.

sorry i forgot to mention in my post 

the game i was talking about was bo2

just wondered if others throttle in congestion control

cheers anyway for the reply lukasz

I used to throttle my speeds with my tp link modem but there was never any significant consistent improvement.

With the R1 I just use the standard advised settings of 70% which gives me around 24 down and 3 up. Way more than the tin hat brigade would advise. :)

It honestly played like a lan connection but obviously not an AW lan connection.

BO 2 is still hit and miss for me,some games run really smooth and others run like well....the old BO2 pre duma.

Still trying to find a pattern to what makes it run fine and then run like ass and I still believe there are way to many variables to pin it down to a single reason or every a couple reasons for that matter.

But will keep trying it until BO3 comes out,but like I said months ago I got a bad feeling about it.

Would love to have JD's faith in the game but...I just can't do it as I've seen the last few releases and nothing has instilled my new faith in the franchise.

But yes I've pre ordered it and will play it and give it a legit shot

As soon as I plugged in and configured my R1, that night I played BO2 on the Xbox 360 and went ham, ever since BO2 has been a dream with my R1, best COD when using the R1 for me, MW3 ain't bad either.

I am in A7's camp on this, but I can see how people didn't like the game at the start and can't come around with the R1.  I am the exact same way with Ghosts.  Ghosts seems to play pretty well, now that I have an R1, but I still just don't like the game.

I'm really hoping for a good game this year.  The last two years have not been ideal for me in regards to this franchise, and for the first year of Black Ops 2 I think I was more playing it because it was popular at the time.

This year needs to be something good and I need to feel like I "can't wait to get home and play it again" or else I need to start looking for another game to distract my evenings.

I am in A7's camp on this, but I can see how people didn't like the game at the start and can't come around with the R1.  I am the exact same way with Ghosts.  Ghosts seems to play pretty well, now that I have an R1, but I still just don't like the game.

I'm really hoping for a good game this year.  The last two years have not been ideal for me in regards to this franchise, and for the first year of Black Ops 2 I think I was more playing it because it was popular at the time.

This year needs to be something good and I need to feel like I "can't wait to get home and play it again" or else I need to start looking for another game to distract my evenings.

I here ya, I would take great connections and smooth game play over all the extra shit they put into the games theses days.

I am keeping my pre order and am going to buy this but mostly because if the MP does turn out to be a huge pile of garbage at least there is some interesting stuff in the campaign cooperative modes to keep my interest for a bit.

Yeah, it's been since MW3 since I have wanted to play the game like all the time, every night. I hated almost everything about BO2 and played and still with R1 plays like garbage. Ghosts restored my faith in the game with connections but played it exclusively solo... Which wasn't half bad. Wrecked on it most nights. AW killed my love of CoD again and BO3 looks to be the same. I think I'm giving up. Battlefront was my last hope for this year and that was really bad. Maybe I am finally just too old and cynical now. 2016 May be my last chance.

Hopefully I don't have to play MW3 and BO1 for another year cuz BO3 sucks.

So let's all hope for the best and I'm gonna blame JD if it's not good game... :D

I know I am on the cheerleader hook, but I honestly liked a lot of the stuff I saw in the Beta and I have confidence that Dave isn't going to go out with the final piece of his trilogy being the "bitched-made-also-ran".

If we look at this offering, and compare it to the wants and bitches of the YT and "other" communities, let's see what we have and where we have come from.

Now I got into the CoD cycle later than most, but I have done a lot of video watching as I have about 2.5-3 hours of total commute time a day.  :(   C'mon new job offer....

Dedicated servers?  Check.  We all bitched about them, then we got them, and the GODS at NetDuma opened our eyes to that fiasco.  BO3 will run on dedicated servers, we know this to be true as they are running it and BO2 on them now.  I played about 20 games last night and half of them were on the Seattle dedi.  So, that takes care of that complaint point.

Beta?  Check.  We got to play it, on both platforms during different time frames.  The Xbox Beta saw nerfs and buffs based on the gameplay from the PS4 Beta.  My wonderful M8 got nerfed the very day after I unlocked it.  Rejack got put down for a final count, so obviously they are listening the very vocal community.  We got a Beta, and we all have the right to cancel our orders, so that pretty much takes care of that complaint point.

Aim Assist vs Quick Scopers?  It's been addressed by the time to sight in/shoulder the rifle and the lack of aim assist for snipers is SUPPOSED to be the mandate.  We won't really know until the game drops, but I didn't see ANY LOBBY where 8 out of 12 guys were rocking snipers.  I consider that progress and helps alleviate that complaint point for me.

Scorestreaks?  They have them and they are good for the most part.  I know that the Fuzzy Gorilla has concerns about the amount of air traffic, but they have a (4) shot launcher that takes up only one slot, can be resupplied, and locks on in a blink.  Let's be honest, the score streaks in Ghost were a fucking joke and the ones in AW are less than effective.  Treyarch gives good scorestreaks, and they give you tools to counter them.  I always here about the "stacking" of streaks by opposing teams, especially in Obj based games like Dom or Hardpoint.  But the thing is, they have counters if people would use them.  Earn a Counter UAV or an EMP in the first round and launch it in round two.  You know what pisses of a player with a VSAT, a counter UAV....LOL  Don't want to get hit with a swarm or chopper?  Equip Blind eye and they won't target you.  Granted, don't jump on the hill with 3 other guys who are NOT running it, but that is where team communication comes in.

Replayability?  I enjoyed the games during the Beta with the exception of Thursday on the Seattle dedi.  No way of knowing whether this game will have that "it" factor until we play it.  I am hopeful, but I have been that way since Ghost dropped and I hated every second of the first two days played, which was the end of my Ghost career until well into AW's life cycle.   :ph34r:

At this point I am satisfied that 3arc (and Activision on the dedicated server side) have given us some of the things we, as a community,  have bitched and complained that we (in our all knowing minds) wanted.

Now that we have a lot of it, will we be happy?  I kind of doubt it, but I am going to try and temper my frustration at little things and enjoy the much larger game as a whole.  Because unless there was a huge shake up, I fully expect IW to bring out Ghosts 2 in a year and I know for an absolute fact I won't even be entertaining the thought of buying that one.

Got put onto a dedicated server in the Netherlands and it played sweet as a playboy bunnies underwear.

Is it me bagsta or this particular dedi in the Netherlands, is he best COD server on this planet?

JD...I hope your right about the game,the little bit of hope I have in it is due to your devotion to it and hopefully it will be a smooth running game.

Not 100 percent on how the sniping will be like you said,we know how it was in the beta but that can change.

And yes I agree with the counters but like you said not everyone runs them,so I carry a launcher and that's what I do the whole game.As teammates don't shoot shit down or run blind eye.I know,I know don't play solo but I do a lot,so that's my fault.

I just hope it's a good game and like I said in another post maybe I'm just bitchy as I've been playing BO2 and it tends to piss me off and you know the diet doesn't help on top of that either... :angry:

And I am actually looking forward to ghosts 2 and I know you aren't.I can't believe you and I are that opposite on the games as were in sync with about everything else.But fair is fair,you got me to buy BO3,so you gotta get ghosts 2... :D

If I can team with the Vanilla Gorilla for a few games, I will DEFINITELY buy Ghosts 2 just so I can moan and bitch in your team chat the WHOLE time...LOL

I play solo as well my friend.  I rarely run in a party, which is why I don't play party style modes like Dom, Groundwar and S-n-D.  I like the game modes if I party up, but my play schedule is sporadic at best and I don't want to run around in a squeaker party trying to hold a spawn while they run forward into a meat grinder.

There is no question that Black Ops 2 was FAR from perfect.  I don't expect BO3 to be perfect, or even close.  If there are people paid to play it day after day, by posting videos/streaming/etc, then you can bet they will quickly identify the most OP and cheap shit to use.

That's a given.

I've accepted the fact that playing public lobbies in CoD will lead me to an enjoyable experience about 50-60% of the time.  The rest of the time is spent trying to decide if what just "fisted me to the elbow" was justification for the purchase of another new controller upon realization I have just subjected mine to deceleration trauma with explosive results.   :huh:  :ph34r:

I'm still all in on Black Ops3 though.  I bought the PS4, ordered the full game, and got a BB controller JUST for this game so I can avoid the Seattle dedi on XBL.  The game better not suck.

#inVonwetrust   (???)

Gotta love your enthusiasm JD and for sure we'll hook up on BO3 and ghosts,that way at least we won't be running solo.

And something tells me we'll have a shit load of fun,win or lose

Archived