Shame

FQs19

Well after months of trying to get the Netduma to work, I've turned it off. 

If I adjust settings to get into good lobbies, it will either lobby-boot me or kick me out of a game mid-match.

The cloud update didn't help. 

Still connecting to Seattle servers. Tired of posting host IDs.

The only thing this router has done was lower my bank account. 

All CoDs play exactly the same as before I got the Netduma. 

I will be leaving it off until the next update comes out and try again but for now the R1 is a $200 paperweight. 

Location set to the ocean. Filter size set as low as possible. Ping assist set from 50 to 65ms. Enable the filter, and set it and leave it alone. Forget looking to see where the sever is, forget messing with the settings 100 times per game. You'll enjoy it a lot more and it does work.

Try moving your home location to the Mid-West, past Indiana and Iowa. Less net congestion = better hops and infrastructure.

Source: Personal experience... And I, too, live on the East Coast.

Also, AW is just a bad game and the player base is really low now, so SBMM is lifted and it's pairing people from across the globe (as usual) to fill lobbies.

Try moving your home location to the Mid-West, past Indiana and Iowa. Less net congestion = better hops and infrastructure.

Also, AW is just a bad game and the player base is really low now, so SBMM is lifted and it's pairing people from across the globe (as usual) to fill lobbies.

How do you find out were less net congestion is ?

I would take the 1 on 1 with Fraser and have him fix your issues,if you have any.Like people have said before AW is a really bad game,try playing some older titles as they shine with the duma.

Hate to see someone not use a product that works very well.I would say hang in there and try the suggestions above and take the 1 on 1 as that offer is one way to get it sorted out very quickly.

Just curious, how do you know that SBMM has been lifted?  I was trying to find information to confirm, but I could not find it.

SBMM might not be officially listed as lifted, but I am sure there is something in the algorithm that kicks in when the player base drops to below a certain level and / or everybody is max prestige?

Pure speculation, but the only ones left playing are the hardcore players with max prestige. While prestige doesn't = skill, it's not  too much of a stretch to assume those who have put in the time to get there are in fact the "best" players of the game if they are still playing. I can't see somebody who is bad at AW going all  the way to max prestige just to say they did it? That's masochistic, counter-productive and statistics would just back up the correlation the more time played = a better player. Apply this to all who is left and SBMM might was well be gone, IMO.

Thanks for the input fellas but I've already tried the ocean move, the midwest move, the Ping assist only move, the no-ping assist move...

nothing makes a difference. 

I have played the older CoDs as well. They also play the same with or without the R1. 

Unfortunately my ping is always 12-15ms using the internet diagnostics on the R1 and using SpeedTest.net it's always 9ms with 1ms of jitter.

So it seems like I am just getting destroyed by lag compensation. I've played several hours without the R1 recently and I honestly couldn't tell the

difference. Since turning it off, I have won almost every match of gun game. 

I really don't know how Fraser can help but I'm willing to let him take a look and see what he can do.

Fraser, I am currently working everyday, 12hrs a day, but if I find the time I will hit you up for that one on one. 

It probably won't be for a week or two, though.

Thanks again all.

@ FQs19

I don't know what to say man. In the beginning I was in a testing phase for me and I tried everything out what the R1 has to offer. But still to this day I have problems joining partys with friends that are 5-10 km away from me (allowed on geofilter), congestion control that does what it likes every now and then. For example a problem that I have is when I start websites etc via iphone or pc the game and sound stutters. Lobbies of different games don't feel fair. Shoot first and die every time. It feels like I have bought the R1 to improv THEIR game or their connecion to me that the can shoot me faster. Getting kicked out of lobbys and R1 isn't on strict but in the same region as the server. 

I can say it's a good product but maybe not for my region or my isp. My pings are exeptional. Maybe I have bad luck too. Don't know. It's frustrating. 

I'm really jeallous about the people that plug in their Netdumas and really see positive changes. High scores and so on. I payed the same money like them and like I said it feels like I have improved the connection for the online opponents. I really like this forum and the members and admins but man it is so frustrating after months of playing games and using the internet. 

My friends which I play with are like - please turn your router of so we can play together or have better games :(

Damn

If you are only playing Advanced Warfare, there's the reason.

It's Advanced Warfare. A complete garbage game in my opinion.

Don't even bother mentioning the net code in that

You have some of the best internet i've seen, looks like fiber...i doubt you need help finding lobbies or having an awesome connection to them.

all the netduma would do for you is stop the 1/100 game where you connect mid-game and get put into a lobby where someone no where near you is the host

FQs19:

Are you on the XB360, or PS3?

You mentioned "all the other CoDs play the same" and this sounds like last gen since "Ghosts" and "AW" are the only current CoDs on XB1, and PS4.

I'm asking you this because it might not actually be your internet, but the game itself running on 10-year old hardware?

AW may not be that complex a game, but the port that was done to last gen is horrible, I'm told. It suffers from performance issues mostly since it's having to calculate and render a lot faster than previous CoDs due to the Exos and their various abilities. The Intel Xenon chip just can't keep up, let alone the (at this point) ancient X700 GPU with only 512MB of RAM.

So, what you might think is your internet is actually the old hardware struggling with what is a very poor port?

If you're on XB1,  or PS4, disregard my post...

I've tried playing on the 360, Xbox One, and PS4.

I have the best games on the PS4.

CoD Ghosts on the PS4 is absolutely amazing with the hit detection. Just no one plays that game anymore.

Like abc123 said my Internet is pretty good so the R1 won't do much except for those odd games. I don't use the congestion control because i don't need it.

I have 180 down 12 up plus my main router is an Asus RT-AC87U.

I believe that CoD is general is using old net coding.

Game makers refuse, it seems, to start using the new hardware, afraid that it might alienate those on the old systems.

CoDAW has the worst inherent latency ever for any online multi-player game. I forget where i heard that but any Google search would show it. It's sucks because i actually enjoy that game. The movement is new and fresh. Plus I'm pretty good at it.

I've tried playing on the 360, Xbox One, and PS4.

I have the best games on the PS4.

CoD Ghosts on the PS4 is absolutely amazing with the hit detection. Just no one plays that game anymore.

Like abc123 said my Internet is pretty good so the R1 won't do much except for those odd games. I don't use the congestion control because i don't need it.

I have 180 down 12 up plus my main router is an Asus RT-AC87U.

I believe that CoD is general is using old net coding.

Game makers refuse, it seems, to start using the new hardware, afraid that it might alienate those on the old systems.

CoDAW has the worst inherent latency ever for any online multi-player game. I forget where i heard that but any Google search would show it. It's sucks because i actually enjoy that game. The movement is new and fresh. Plus I'm pretty good at it.

I played COD4 on my PS3. Had a better experience than on BO2 and don't even mention the disastrous AW.

I can't really say much for MW2 because it looks like they have messed the netcode since it's been laggier for me vs MW3.

I had a 1 on 1 with Fraser. He helped a lot. Did some fine tuning and everything works nice now. My problem with the interuption of any online game while using other devices via wifi disapeared somehow. Thx again Fraser!

The R1 functions very good and does what it's meant to do. But when games are crappy designed then you can't do anything I guess. 

I'm glad we did this 1 on 1!

I don't play much anymore or even keep track of my stats... But I got the R1 back in January and since then my game has dramatically improved. I only play on 20ms dedicated severs and I win every gunfight I should have won. I'm located pretty close to you on Comcast with the same 180/10 plan that you have. To say the NetDuma doesn't help means one of the following 1. You're so god like that you see no difference either way 2. The router is broken (unlikely) 3. There is some kind of user error 4. You're more busy fiddling around with the router than playing the game (This was my problem the first few days)

This router made AW enjoyable for me again. It's still a terrible game, and there are still WTF moments, but to say it has zero impact on the game is crazy!

My stats since I started tracking them using the R1, playing hardcore search with over 20,000 kills:

OL1LuPe.jpg

I had a 1 on 1 with Fraser. He helped a lot. Did some fine tuning and everything works nice now. My problem with the interuption of any online game while using other devices via wifi disapeared somehow. Thx again Fraser!

The R1 functions very good and does what it's meant to do. But when games are crappy designed then you can't do anything I guess. 

I'm glad we did this 1 on 1!

Fraser is a absolute legend :) He sure knows how to find that sweet spot, he gave me back my gaming experience :)

Fraser is a absolute legend :) He sure knows how to find that sweet spot, he gave me back my gaming experience :)

I think I will have to request a 1 on 1 with Sir Fraser then!

• Administrators

I think I will have to request a 1 on 1 with Sir Fraser then!

If you need it I'm more than happy to do so :) 

Also FQs19 don't hesitate to contact me to set up a time, as you can see I can normally improve peoples experience :)

I don't play much anymore or even keep track of my stats... But I got the R1 back in January and since then my game has dramatically improved. I only play on 20ms dedicated severs and I win every gunfight I should have won. I'm located pretty close to you on Comcast with the same 180/10 plan that you have. To say the NetDuma doesn't help means one of the following 1. You're so god like that you see no difference either way 2. The router is broken (unlikely) 3. There is some kind of user error 4. You're more busy fiddling around with the router than playing the game (This was my problem the first few days)

This router made AW enjoyable for me again. It's still a terrible game, and there are still WTF moments, but to say it has zero impact on the game is crazy!

My stats since I started tracking them using the R1, playing hardcore search with over 20,000 kills:

OL1LuPe.jpg

Where did you get that stats graph from I Am Mod Box?

If you need it I'm more than happy to do so :)

Also FQs19 don't hesitate to contact me to set up a time, as you can see I can normally improve peoples experience :)

Hi Fraser I definitely will hit you up on that offer, but it probably won't be until September. I'm working 12hr shifts everyday this summer. 

Yeah I only play FFA or Gun Game. 

On Ghosts, I had to really increase my filter and PA range to find a game. I win almost every match. 

In AW, I find a game quick but I'm always behind in the action. I'm lucky to get top 5. 

Archived