Almost Had Enough

Clinton92

After constant calls to my isp and multiple technicians coming out.. Ive just about had enough with the lag and choppy game-play im having every day without fail..I have done multiple testing with and without the duma and there is absolutely no difference in game-play or smoothness. Im finding it very hard to enjoy gaming as its a passion and hobby ive been doing since i was 14yrs old. Im not saying i wanna do good every game but i know when i should have won and when i should have lost due to poor aim or timing.

Also my isp has ran every test that they have and after 5 techs coming out and finding no problem with my line.. Im wondering what on earth am i doing wrong, i have gone threw the fine tuning guide and support wiki.. Only to find that everything matches in the support guide and fine tuning. Its like no matter what i do i just cant seem to figure out whats going on.. If all else fails im sorry to say but i will be selling the Duma to cover my cost on a item that is making no difference in game-play :(  

Here are pics to help diagnose the problem 

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1438603906-U841.jpg

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1438603926-U841.jpg

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1438603985-U841.jpg

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1438604004-U841.jpg

• Netduma Staff

It looks like your in game pings are as optimum as possible as your base ping was ~32ms and your in game ping was showing as just over 30ms.

So there is nothing you can do to get a better ping. Is this with all games/all CoDs. Lots of people have said that playing older CoDs are much better and that its just AW if thats the game you are having trouble with.

It looks like your in game pings are as optimum as possible as your base ping was ~32ms and your in game ping was showing as just over 30ms.

So there is nothing you can do to get a better ping. Is this with all games/all CoDs. Lots of people have said that playing older CoDs are much better and that its just AW if thats the game you are having trouble with.

I have played every cod from, ghost , bops1, bops2, mw3 still the same no matter what.

• Administrators

Hey Clinton, your in game ping is steady and is as close to your base ping as it could be, your line looks almost as good as you can get as well with no spikes, jitter or packet loss. From a ping perspective your game should be quite playable and a smooth experience. You could try some of these options to help see if you can get put on a host that may be more playable for you. 

1. Set your home location, then put the distance really small, press the 'Snap' button a few times to auto expand the Geo-filter to an optimum size for getting games.
  2. Increase the Geo-filter to include any padlocks you may get appearing.
  3. Disable strict mode, this will allow more games to be connected to, please note they may appear outside of your filter.
  4. Move your home until you get a different host or padlock appear (you may have to restart the game but may not) and bare in mind our anti-cheat if you connect to games and continue to try and find other hosts.
I would be very interested to see a game if you could upload gameplay where the ping is like that. 

We'll be doing a cloud update tomorrow that may help your online experience. 

Ive tried the suggestion above before posting.. I whish you could play on my connection and then you will see my frustration... Also I watch my gameplay on black ops 2 in the theater mode. And it doesnt show what im experiencing

Sorry if im coming of rude or disrespectful im just frustrated. ?.

I have had this issue on a few occasions and by increasing my PA and  geofilter distance I connected to better hosts. Not closer ones but better ones. Really hope yopu get it sorted. This was on AW which is a terrible game anyway and this weekend with it being x2 XP it has been even worse.

• Administrators

Ive tried the suggestion above before posting.. I whish you could play on my connection and then you will see my frustration... Also I watch my gameplay on black ops 2 in the theater mode. And it doesnt show what im experiencing

Instead of viewing it in theater, can you record it directly? Like from the ps dvr or if you have an elgato or something like that?

Instead of viewing it in theater, can you record it directly? Like from the ps dvr or if you have an elgato or something like that?

As I only play on ps3 and have no recoding equipment. What else could I use to capture this ?

• Netduma Staff

As I only play on ps3 and have no recoding equipment. What else could I use to capture this ?

If you have a DVD player that allows you to record you could plug your console into that instead of directly to your TV. Then transfer it from there to your computer and upload to youtube.

• Administrators

Granted the quality won't be as great but if you could set up a camera pointing to your TV/monitor whilst you play we can get the closest representation of what you're actually seeing on your screen. Keep in mind we can't diagnose gameplay but it would be good to see the kind of experience you're getting with these stable low ping hosts.

Will give this ago when I have a chance.. And if you see what I see were from there ?

Ever since the reboots and disabiling cookies fixed this for me. Maybe it could be something enabled causing my issue like the cookies did ? Im no guru on this stuff im just trying to look for a solution

Maybe my firmware is corrupt ? Its funny how people have such a verse difference to me.

• Administrators

Will give this ago when I have a chance.. And if you see what I see were from there ?

Ever since the reboots and disabiling cookies fixed this for me. Maybe it could be something enabled causing my issue like the cookies did ? Im no guru on this stuff im just trying to look for a solution

Maybe my firmware is corrupt ? Its funny how people have such a verse difference to me.

Well like I say I can't diagnose gameplay per se but if it does appear to be lag causing your issue rather than game mechanics etc I can do a 1 on 1 with you and I'll help optimise your settings as much as possible. Its very unlikely your firmware is corrupt but I can look into it during a 1 on 1 :)

Can you upload a video to youtube of your game play? I was also wondering what country you are located from? Also I noticed that you have a PS3 & PS4, are you trying to play on the PS4 because if you are the geo-filter http://forum.netduma...603906-U841.jpg for the PS4 is disabled and the PS3 geo-filter is enabled. Disabled=Enabled and Enabled=Disabled not sure if you noticed that or not….. By any chance could you also set your geo-filter to a different country that is more populated, also what time are you trying to play games? Older games will have a much smaller game pool.

Well as a correction to my post, you only play on PS3...

How high are the number of players in Australia and whats the average condition of isp internet down there.

Last time I check the on black ops2 there were 120,000 online. But in the Australian playlist there were 40,000 +. The Internet is Australia is nothing special no fibre unless you live in a area that it has be rolled out in. So many people only have dsl if that answers you question ?

Also just to add im guessing bt is the biggest in the uk ? If thats true there just like our bigpond there the biggest in Australia. But im not with them I would say im with the 3rd or 4th biggest in aus

Are you using DMZ or PF, also have you checked your MTU as that can cause delay and packet loss if set incorrectly.

I have my modem in bridge mode so none of that stuff is necessary :) also my mtu is set 1492 on my modem

Around here (Eastern US) anyone on dsl shares the connection in the same neighborhood. If someone two houses away is watching Netflix it robs your connection. I didn't catch exactly what someone said about your modem but even bridged, there can still be issues. Hope you figure it out. It gets frustrating.

Archived