Almost Had Enough

Clinton92

Tried to get a recording today on the iPhone. As thats all I have plus a tablet but the picture quality is no good. So this will be tricky to get a good video of it.

Also about 2hrs ago I set my cc sliders to 35% both ways and I could feel a difference in gameplay. And I was the only one using my connection at that time, seems odd to me ? That if the sliders are set 70% each way it plays like garbage but lowering it help. I dont believe in throttling a connection to receive benefits. Is there something I could try to find that sweet spot

Around here (Eastern US) anyone on dsl shares the connection in the same neighborhood. If someone two houses away is watching Netflix it robs your connection. I didn't catch exactly what someone said about your modem but even bridged, there can still be issues. Hope you figure it out. It gets frustrating.

Wow sharing connection with a neighbor. No Bueno.

• Administrators

Tried to get a recording today on the iPhone. As thats all I have plus a tablet but the picture quality is no good. So this will be tricky to get a good video of it.

Also about 2hrs ago I set my cc sliders to 35% both ways and I could feel a difference in gameplay. And I was the only one using my connection at that time, seems odd to me ? That if the sliders are set 70% each way it plays like garbage but lowering it help. I dont believe in throttling a connection to receive benefits. Is there something I could try to find that sweet spot

Theres nothing wrong with doing that if it improves things for you, we warn you if you go below 10 so if 35 works then try it out for a bit.

Hey just a suggestion that I wanna throw out there. Are you playing wireless[ controller,connection, ]? Do you play on a big screen 32" and above? I have a buddy that switched from wireless to all hard wired and now playing on a monitor, his gameplay has improved dramatically. All that wireless input lag adds up and most of the time will cost you to get a kill or get killed. Just curious. 

Hey just a suggestion that I wanna throw out there. Are you playing wireless[ controller,connection, ]? Do you play on a big screen 32" and above? I have a buddy that switched from wireless to all hard wired and now playing on a monitor, his gameplay has improved dramatically. All that wireless input lag adds up and most of the time will cost you to get a kill or get killed. Just curious. 

Playing on a monitor is a lot better i find as the refresh rate is better, also if you are on a TV try using the game setting as if refreshes better.

AW is still broken.

Meaning, I downloaded the last Map Pack since I have the Season Pass, and the game plays WORSE than it did before. I'm not kidding.

For some reason, now you can see the in-engine delay, and I don't mean latency between gamers.

This isn't meant as another "AW Hate" thread since I have put in close to 900 hours across XB1, PC and PS4 since launch. But it has not gotten better since launch. The Duma makes it playable, but the game itself is fundamentally broken like everybody says. The fanboys and Activision forum shills can deny it all they want, but AW is by far the worst CoD to date as far as technical aspects go, let alone game play which is purely subjective (that is so noob-friendly it's not  even funny, IMO).

Bring on BO3 because I have a feeling Treyarch is fully aware of how bad AW was received by the community and knows they have their work cut out for  them even if it is to ensure they get to do BO4, BO5 and BO ∞...

Finally had enough packing up the duma, it just makes no difference for me.....

Sorry to hear that.

It may not help everybody given the myriad of factors that go into online gaming that we've discussed numerous times on this forum. 

I heard Australian internet is pretty bad... From fellow Aussies who can't even stream MP games on Twitch, so they have to play SP games.... So, this is probably your main problem more than the Duma. 

The Duma is not a cure-all. It's meant to help optimize connections to hosts / servers. It can't and never will magically improve your internet connection, or bi-pass all of the factors that can contribute to latency when playing online...

Nothing i do will fix my issue... The only way i get good games are by connecting my ps3 directly to my modem and its magic it plays smooth for the most part... Unlike the duma i cant get anything working in my favor... Im ready to call it quiets and just pack it away but i have faith that that someone can help me im not giving up yet but it pushing my patience, to breaking point  :angry: 

So it's time for a apology to the duma army, as of you who cant be f**ked going threw the post... :) He is a quick run down of my issue I had

My issue was I wasn't getting the smooth connection ive seen in other videos and youtube.. It would be 20 bad games to 1 good game even though my ping was 30ms which was ideal for my connection.... So after trying to diagnose my issue I started to believe the duma wasn't for me, and started to give up on it. After 1on1's with fraser the connection felt great next day back to the same old bullshit :(

Then I gave up pluged my ps3 and ps4 to my modem directly and bang bang my experience changed, 10 good games to 10 bad games. Then fraser msged me for a 1on1 after 10 mins of the 1on1... I couldn't believe it the connection was buttery smooth omg orgasm lol, all it came down to was my home location. I had my home location set to were I live and fraser changed it so that my home location, was in the middle of the host and other players. Now I its always that buttery smooth connection that I love besides the terrible host every now and again... :)

Also I'd like to say to any others having issues dont give up on it... Trust me when you find the right settings you wont look back, you will not undestand how much you are being handicapped from the game, once the right settings are applied.

Now I would like to give a huge shout out to Fraser :) I really appreciate your time and helpful knowledge for me to enjoy gaming again.. Thanks so much

Glad to hear you have got the issue sorted now Clinton :) you did not get back to me in the message you sent last week fella.

Now this has been fixed i will close the thread.

Archived