Xr1000 & bufferbloat results. Bad mw3 hit detection

Having a hard time trying to adjust my xr1000 settings to get a better buffer bloat rating. If I disable QoS I get a higher download speed but worse grade. If I enable QoS I get my download speed cit in half but a better grade. I have 1 gig fiber going an coming. What am I doing wrong? I'm testing my connection off my lap top with a ethernet adapter 

20240120_230425.jpg

20240120_230235.jpg

20240120_230353.jpg

20240120_230342.jpg

20240120_231110.jpg

Turn QoS off unless your household/Network is saturating your connection. 

On a gig up and down you should have no issues. These tests simulate if you saturated your connection but reality you probably never do. 

Looking at your screen shots you have a very quiet network, just disable QoS and don’t worry these online tests.

So disable QoS completely even when I'm gaming? Yes I my network is quite it's just me here. So by doing this it would help with my hit detection issue? I'm fairly new at tech stuff. Learning as I go.. thanks for your reply.

Hi ! @Reykc9510

If you want congestion control to take effect on this test, just set it to always!

By setting it to auto, as long as you don't have a priority packet it won't take effect! 😉

I'm not sure I understand.. I'm having an issue with hit detection tryin to utilize this xr1000 to the best of its abilities I just don't know how to use all the different features.

9 minutes ago, Reykc9510 said:

So disable QoS completely even when I'm gaming? Yes I my network is quite it's just me here. So by doing this it would help with my hit detection issue? I'm fairly new at tech stuff. Learning as I go.. thanks for your reply.

Yes turn it off,  QoS takes up resources, the less services the better. 

This is more a Windows issue than a router issue.  Here is how to get a Grade A.

Download the "Grade_A_Buffer_Bloat.spg" config file attached and remember where you saved it.

Download TCP Optimizer v4 (or whatever the latest version is)

https://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Install and run as Administrator.  Make sure "Modify All Network Adaptors" is checked - middle left of the settings screen

image.png.0c93be96a53499c1c8afe9c5e8578203.png

Click File -> Import

Choose the .spg file (remember where you saved it?)

image.png.12a6532ddc225041ed5e4c24babd5494.png

It will now show an Import option on the bottom left

image.png.5db2b6d5853156ca11fc59d1560ef385.png

Click Apply changes

A window will pop up showing all the changes it is about to make - they all can easily be reversed - check Create a backup and save it - any issues follow the same steps and choose the backup (but there won't be any issues).

Once complete, restart your PC and rerun the buffer bloat test.

Congrats on your A :)

Grade_A_Buffer_Bloat.spg

@Fuzy@Reykc9510It won't matter QOS for cloud flare is not available on the XR1000 so it not going to prioritize it I have requested for the DPI to be updated 3-6 months ago and still nowhere be found since it hasn't been updated the only alternative is forcing prioritization to the device your using and to find the optimal QOS is to use ping plotter and look for when it gets saturated.

In addition yes in most cases you won't saturate your connection with those speeds but some households do so if you dont have a proper QOS well your going to enjoy some packet loss from time to time when it get saturated out of the nowhere thinking it your ISP.

1 hour ago, Fairypusher said:

what is your complete setup?

Router from the internet provider and then the XR1000?

What is the exact name of your USB network card?

I have my XR1000 wired directly from my metronet fiber modem. From there I have my laptop wired from XR1000. MY PS5 wired from my XR1000 an I have my orbi router wired from the XR1000 an also another laptop for my security camera's. For some reason my nest camera's won't run off XR1000 wifi. I'm using all cat 8 ethernet cables also.

I'm just tryin to get better hit registration don't ever notice lag or anything. 

20240121_075253.jpg

20240121_075236.jpg

8 hours ago, Fuzy said:

Take this test with always on!

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat

image.png.e33e5db70f26efffca5475d6b8f9e225.png

39 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@Fuzy@Reykc9510It won't matter QOS for cloud flare is not available on the XR1000 so it not going to prioritize it I have requested for the DPI to be updated 3-6 months ago and still nowhere be found since it hasn't been updated the only alternative is forcing prioritization to the device your using and to find the optimal QOS is to use ping plotter and look for when it gets saturated.

In addition yes in most cases you won't saturate your connection with those speeds but some households do so if you dont have a proper QOS well your going to enjoy some packet loss from time to time when it get saturated out of the nowhere thinking it your ISP.

I don't understand what most of that means. I'm just trying to utilize the Xr1000 to the best I can.  I bought it because it's supposed to be one of the top gsmong routers, however it's not easy to set up. I'm not very tech savvy so I'm just learning ad I go. I set up the easier part the Geo-Filter. It seems if I disable QoS my download speed is doubled. Just the upload latency is very high. I don't even know if that applies to when I'm playing mw3.

20240121_083340.jpg

2 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Those tests just simulate your connection if saturated. In your case I doubt it’s an issue. 

Ok... what would I be able to tinker with settings wise to help with hit detection?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think the best thing would be to take some time going through the optimal settings guides here which will help you: https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

I have tried that.  QoS 70/70 now I have fiber an it seems like the hit detection is off. I just got fiber installed last week