Xr1000 & bufferbloat results. Bad mw3 hit detection

24 minutes ago, Reykc9510 said:

I have tried that.  QoS 70/70 now I have fiber an it seems like the hit detection is off. I just got fiber installed last week

Does your fiber internet use PPPoE connection (user, password)?

Just now, Jackal235 said:

Does your fiber internet use PPPoE connection (user, password)?

I don't know what PPPoE means, but I wasn't given any password or user information when they installed it.

No XR1000 firmware supports PPPoE!

I also have fiber and the same issue. You should check it by logging in to your ISP modem/router and see if username and password are required. 

2 minutes ago, Jackal235 said:

No XR1000 firmware supports PPPoE!

I also have fiber and the same issue. You should check it by logging in to your ISP modem/router and see if username and password are required. 

O ok where do I find PPPoE in the Xr1000 settings? I don't have a router from the provider I use the xr1000. I can't find a way to long into the modem. I tried cmb typed on ipconfig got the ip address from modem typed into browser an just popped up links to bs... nothing to access modem. I'm probably doing something wrong I really don't know what I'm doing over here

Learning as I go from you guys an YouTube videos on the xr1000

@Reykc9510There an example you can do this as well by just pinging google.com on your devices terminal decrease your cc till you see it no longer spike you can also check your game console for packet loss simultaneously. I would run a game like fortnite as it easier to see the graph with net bug stats to check for packet loss or ping spikes when doing the saturation test...

11 minutes ago, Reykc9510 said:

O ok where do I find PPPoE in the Xr1000 settings? I don't have a router from the provider I use the xr1000. I can't find a way to long into the modem. I tried cmb typed on ipconfig got the ip address from modem typed into browser an just popped up links to bs... nothing to access modem. I'm probably doing something wrong I really don't know what I'm doing over here

Learning as I go from you guys an YouTube videos on the xr1000

You can call your Internet Service Provider

@Reykc9510If you have fiber in certain cases it just a dhcp one so there nothing you would have to do and no way for you access it as it owned by the ISP though they dont restrict you from doing anything by the modem configs typically that is....

The key to distinguishing between PPPoE and DHCP is how to assign IP addresses. In PPPoE, you need to log in with the correct account and password first, while DHCP just needs to wait to be assigned an IP address automatically

16 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@Reykc9510If you have fiber in certain cases it just a dhcp one so there nothing you would have to do and no way for you access it as it owned by the ISP though they dont restrict you from doing anything by the modem configs typically that is....

The key to distinguishing between PPPoE and DHCP is how to assign IP addresses. In PPPoE, you need to log in with the correct account and password first, while DHCP just needs to wait to be assigned an IP address automatically

O ok. I would assume I have DHCP because I don't need anything to sign in.

27 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@Reykc9510There an example you can do this as well by just pinging google.com on your devices terminal decrease your cc till you see it no longer spike you can also check your game console for packet loss simultaneously. I would run a game like fortnite as it easier to see the graph with net bug stats to check for packet loss or ping spikes when doing the saturation test...

0121.mov

You used speediest. So that's what I should use an adjust my cc from there?

@Reykc9510That not what I mean't so since your on windows go to your command prompt and ping google.com then while doing a speed test to saturate the connection look at the ping and if spikes abnormally like 100ms or so then you need to keep adjusting your cc settings till it doesn't happen any longer.

Just now, DARKNESS said:

@Reykc9510That not what I mean't so since your on windows go to your command prompt and ping google.com then while doing a speed test to saturate the connection look at the ping and if spikes abnormally like 100ms or so then you need to keep adjusting your cc settings till it doesn't happen any longer.

Damn ok. How do I ping google.com?

1 minute ago, DARKNESS said:

@Reykc9510If I recollect correctly to keep pinging you type -t at the end so you can accurately see the data live

That didn't work. Also I appreciate your time and helping me figure this out as we go.

17058519206107761606173041174127.jpg