Xr1000 & bufferbloat results. Bad mw3 hit detection

On 1/21/2024 at 4:03 AM, Spinalcrack said:

This is more a Windows issue than a router issue.  Here is how to get a Grade A.

Download the "Grade_A_Buffer_Bloat.spg" config file attached and remember where you saved it.

Download TCP Optimizer v4 (or whatever the latest version is)

https://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Install and run as Administrator.  Make sure "Modify All Network Adaptors" is checked - middle left of the settings screen

image.png.0c93be96a53499c1c8afe9c5e8578203.png

Click File -> Import

Choose the .spg file (remember where you saved it?)

image.png.12a6532ddc225041ed5e4c24babd5494.png

It will now show an Import option on the bottom left

image.png.5db2b6d5853156ca11fc59d1560ef385.png

Click Apply changes

A window will pop up showing all the changes it is about to make - they all can easily be reversed - check Create a backup and save it - any issues follow the same steps and choose the backup (but there won't be any issues).

Once complete, restart your PC and rerun the buffer bloat test.

Congrats on your A :)

Grade_A_Buffer_Bloat.spg 1.83 kB · 0 downloads

My post got a bit buried waiting on approval -  @Reykc9510 I think this will help you a lot.  I tried everything possible with my XR500 to remove bloat and in the end it was my windows settings creating the issue - and they were default from the drivers.

Give the above a try!

10 minutes ago, Spinalcrack said:

My post got a bit buried waiting on approval -  @Reykc9510 I think this will help you a lot.  I tried everything possible with my XR500 to remove bloat and in the end it was my windows settings creating the issue - and they were default from the drivers.

Give the above a try!

Thank you I appreciate it. I don't think I can figure out how to do all that however they help that I did get from the couple people from their advice it seems like I'm getting better hit registration so far.