Hybrid VPN on The Netduma R3 - Current Status

Netduma Fraser

• Administrators

Hybrid VPN is currently being optimised for the Netduma R3 and we were not able to get it ready in time for the launch firmware. 

It will be ready very soon - please use this thread to ask about any questions or concerns you have about this.

Thanks,

The Netduma Team

• Netduma Fraser changed the title to Hybrid VPN on The Netduma R3 - Current Status

There will be Hybrid VPN at the launch of the official Duma OS 4 firmware because beta testing is not enabled but coming soon.

I purchased the Netduma R3 and it has been shipped but I will continue to use the Netduma R2 with Hybrid VPN on hold. It's a shame to keep it in the box upon arrival. Disappointed about this.

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Lew @Netduma Alex

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, euphidra said:

With hybrid vpn on R3 compared to R2, will ping heatmap give correct server ping to vpn location? Will you improve the colors of the red, yellow and green colored dots like on the Duma OS app?

I don't think we've tested that specifically.

Improve them in what way? I'm slightly color blind and the colors are different enough for me to differentiate them

I am glad you guys are making some changes to Hybrid VPN. Because I can't access my usual VPN that is in the dropdown menu on my R2. All the servers doesn't seem to work with the router. Hope this is fixed for the R3 whenever it releases. And support for the many more reliable VPN services will be very helpful too.

I will be using the Netduma R2 with VPN Hybrid until the firmware is released on the Netduma R3 with VPN Hybrid. I use Proton VPN which with manual setting on the wireguard protocol works perfectly and has a moderate Nat option (Nat 2 on PS5 console). When you turn off the R2 router the VPN connects to the PS5 console (in devices I select Playstation and not Game Console). On the PS5 console (I only use the VPN DNS on the console with automatic MTU) but it doesn't give me the eFootball 2024 servers. But if when I start the R2 modem I turn VPN off and on from the menu and restart the game then everything works perfectly. Solve it on Netduma R3 VPN Hybrid (that is, when the router is started from off, the VPN setting works immediately on the Geofilter servers). Thank you. Surfshark VPN also has manual wireguard setting but the console in the PS5 internal test from fragmented IPs. With Proton VPN everything works wonderfully. I hope I have been useful to many users. I did all the tests to make sure. Thank you Netduma Fraser.

@euphidraProton VPN is owned by a government agency it basically a fake vpn disguised as a real one I would do some deep research before using certain vpns if I were you buddy unless your not doing anything illegal etc but knowing that the government will still look into you if you type certain things sounds amusing 😂

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, euphidra said:

On the R2 router at 38ms it is a green dot while 39ms is a yellow dot while on the Duma OS app at 53ms it is still a green dot and 69ms it is a yellow dot.

Ah okay, didn't notice that before, the shades of color look more consistent to me anyway.

32 minutes ago, AsNCo said:

I am glad you guys are making some changes to Hybrid VPN. Because I can't access my usual VPN that is in the dropdown menu on my R2. All the servers doesn't seem to work with the router. Hope this is fixed for the R3 whenever it releases. And support for the many more reliable VPN services will be very helpful too.

We're not having a basic setup with servers you can select, at least at the moment, it will be purely the advanced way for now

Hi Netduma I may have a beta for Netduma R3 to try the Hybrid VPN. The package is in Rome today and is about to arrive. Even if it is not perfectly tested that you are making changes to improve it (I have listed the problems I noticed in previous messages) I could not also have a port from Netduma R2 to be able to use Netduma R3 immediately. Thank you. Does PPPOE AND QOS SMART work perfectly with Netduma R3? Have you solved the unresolved issue with Netduma R2?

The Netduma R3 arrives today and I will try it if everything works well. I regret not being able to use Hybrid VPN, in fact I will use Netduma R2 again after trying it. The timing for the release of Hybrid VPN on Netduma R3, how long will it take if we can know an approximate date? Official firmware versions are always better. For Hybrid VPN improve this aspect Netduma R2 comparison: 1) From the router (off or restart) the VPN connects to the PS5 but the geofilter does not show the eFootball 2024 servers when you start the game. The servers can only be seen if you turn the VPN off and on again in VPN setup and restart the eFootball 2024 game. The VPN uses DNS = 10.2.0.1 2)If you could display the ping heatmap in the ping, the ping based on the point where the VPN connects since it always shows the ping from your connection to the servers. In 2024 I will have the FTTH TIM 2.5 Giga (so they say since they insert the best possible bandwidth on my connection) I can still use the Netduma R3 even if it limits the bandwidth to 1Giga. The OOKLA speed test will definitely give me full bandwidth 1 Giga download and 1 Giga upload right? Or can I use this 2.5 Giga connection equally at full bandwidth on Netduma R3? If you could add to the ping heatmap the servers of Milan, Turin and Paris on eFootball 2024 which will be active on crossplay in February 2024 but even if they are in the testing phase they work and can be played.

Thanks Netduma if you answer everything.

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 1:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hybrid VPN is currently being optimised for the Netduma R3 and we were not able to get it ready in time for the launch firmware. 

It will be ready very soon - please use this thread to ask about any questions or concerns you have about this.

Thanks,

The Netduma Team

Any update on this?

Will the Hybrid VPN also support split tunneling?

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, ThatDisguise said:

Any update on this?

Will the Hybrid VPN also support split tunneling?

Just posted a few hours ago about it above ^

Well the way HybridVPN works is that you can apply the VPN to specific traffic/ports and the rest of the device can go through your normal connection