Hybrid VPN on The Netduma R3 - Current Status

Netduma Fraser

• Administrators
16 hours ago, vinu hunter said:

when will Hvpn release ??

We don't give out specific dates, I suspect the focus will be to fix bugs first then it will be available or they may be able to get it in one of those versions

can we add our own vpn or do we have to use yours when its ready as got 1 month left and dont want to pay £80 if not needed thanks mate 

ps the r3 is amazing

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, simon35 said:

can we add our own vpn or do we have to use yours when its ready as got 1 month left and dont want to pay £80 if not needed thanks mate 

ps the r3 is amazing

HybridVPN is just a VPN client, you do need a VPN subscription to a provider (we don't have a VPN service), so yes you can

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Goodwinn20 said:

Has there been an update recently? 
any more news on Hybrid and how much it will be ? 

No there hasn't been an update yet. HVPN may come in 1-2 weeks but that is an estimate not a guarantee.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No there hasn't been an update yet. HVPN may come in 1-2 weeks but that is an estimate not a guarantee.

Is that roughly how long they are thinking about pushing the update back?

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Is that roughly how long they are thinking about pushing the update back?

This is my conservative estimate based on what I've been told

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Fingers crossed, good luck with the move!

Thanks man, I freaking loathe moving but it's a nice spot so I'm happy to get it done. Good luck with getting all the quirks figured out on the firmware. I have nothing but faith in you guys!

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Thanks man, I freaking loathe moving but it's a nice spot so I'm happy to get it done. Good luck with getting all the quirks figured out on the firmware. I have nothing but faith in you guys!

I hear you on that one, so worth it once it's done though! Thanks, luckily that job isn't for me, we'll get there for sure.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Metalholic said:

getting ready to send my R3 back. haven't taken it out the box yet. 

If you're looking for information on it just ask, we posted this in the new update topic:

"Hybrid VPN development is complete for the R3 and is now in testing. We've redesigned the frontend for Hybrid-VPN to make it easier and clearer compared to DumaOS 3. We're excited for you to try it out! In the next few days, we'll be moving it to closed beta testing, and if all goes well, we should have it with you very soon along with fixes to make Ping Optimiser run more reliably and improved IPv6 support."

If you want to send it back please make sure you have a look at netduma.com/terms and then email [email protected]

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, GT9484 said:

Netduma terms and conditions dont apply here Fraser, this product has been sold while still in a Beta testing phase and netduma are using us a free Beta testers. this is not acceptable. I have tried the firmware updates and nothing has really changed I still find issues with many aspects of the GUI  and its features as do many others. I have sent an email requesting a return and a refund. Very disapointed 

Thanks for your feedback, I'll reply via email.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, GT9484 said:

14 day return policy yet you have this issue since the start of december and still have not pushed out a functioning HybridVpn. so customers have to stick to policy and rules but you can advertise a product that you don't actually have and thats ok? false advertising and misleading customers! i had loads of respect for Netduma and what its doing but this isnt acceptable pushing out a half finished product and expecting customers to just accept all these bugs and failures thus far. had two firmware updates in one month and still not had a good experience, ping assist causing crazy spikes, ping optimizer doesn't work nine out of ten attemps etc... 

I don't make decisions on policy or firmware so I'll pass it on, I've responded to your email.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Stevenlang3 said:

Which will be when roughly? The R3 is very good btw!

I won't be giving any ETA as it is always subject to change. Great to hear that!

• 3 weeks later...