Duma OS makes it to EE(BT) router

RedBull2k

4 hours ago, RedBull2k said:

Duma OS has made it to the the UK's largest ISP -EE (BT)

A big well done to the duma team. for getting the product to EE (BT)

Thanks a lot RedBull2k! We're all really proud of it. Thanks for being such a long time user and fan, we wouldn't have gotten here without you.

It's good news and I know you guys probably had no input in how it was sold but £5 a month for something that should be included for free (bearing in mind EE is more expensive than everywhere else) is a letdown.

Right now if you want 150 Mbps it's £35.99 from EE. Add this and you're paying £40.99 for 150 Mbps. Pretty ridiculous when you consider that TalkTalk does 150 Mbps for £28 and that would also give you access to sqm via the eero.

Tbh I haven't looked into FTTP and the benefits of sqm on those lines but surely it's almost not needed when you get to the 500 Mbps packages and beyond?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, gameinn said:

It's good news and I know you guys probably had no input in how it was sold but £5 a month for something that should be included for free (bearing in mind EE is more expensive than everywhere else) is a letdown.

Right now if you want 150 Mbps it's £35.99 from EE. Add this and you're paying £40.99 for 150 Mbps. Pretty ridiculous when you consider that TalkTalk does 150 Mbps for £28 and that would also give you access to sqm via the eero.

Tbh I haven't looked into FTTP and the benefits of sqm on those lines but surely it's almost not needed when you get to the 500 Mbps packages and beyond?

We don't have any input on their pricing decisions, looking at it from a business perspective, they charge what they charge currently for their service. Adding a whole new aspect to it, that requires our development time and ongoing support from them/us which of course costs money so without charging they would be losing money. Of course you could argue it could bring in more customers and therefore more money but I'm sure they've done projections to show this is the way to go. Telstra went with the same idea charging a small amount extra a month as well. That's just my 2cents, I just handle support so I don't have any information either way about that. I suspect it's cheaper for a lot of people to pay £5 a month for the kind of features we're offering rather than buying one of our routers for example.

easy access to millions of people just for that exposure alone. its a win.

can i get a list of which rapps are currently running on it. and what ones do you plan on putting on there next. or is ee(bt) only interested in the ones they advertise?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, RedBull2k said:

easy access to millions of people just for that exposure alone. its a win.

can i get a list of which rapps are currently running on it. and what ones do you plan on putting on there next. or is ee(bt) only interested in the ones they advertise?

I think it's the Prioritization aspect, Geo-Filter and Ping Optimiser currently. So basically the main features that are going to improve your connection.

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2023 at 12:42 PM, gameinn said:

lol you'd trust talktalk with your connection ?

On 12/13/2023 at 9:15 PM, COD WARFARE said:

lol you'd trust talktalk with your connection ?

I've moved to talktalk 900mb down 100 up I get 940 down and 110 up they also use dhcp over pppoe meaning I can have the full 1500mtu vs 1492 on mtu although this doesn't effect anything some people get better peace of mind knowing your not on pppoe especially when some of the netgear routers with duma have struggled with pppoe

Never had a drop never had a line fault never been traffic managed during peak times.

The only only down side to talktalk is the eero router having a talktalk firmware installed which limits its use slightly but also end of contract leaves you with a stylish paper weight lol. But to include an actual decent router with great WiFi range is rare in the uk isp router market