NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

So until last week, I used the router on official V2.3.2.130 without any issues. Last week I decided to try the latest beta so I went from V2.3.2.130>intermediary firmware>RC10>RC14. I upgraded without any issues but started having problems where all access to the internet and even LAN devices like Nas or security cams weren't able to get through (most likely DNS problems like a guy mentioned before in this forum). I did factory resets several times and even started the process again doing factory resets along the way but I still have the same issue. I gave up and decided to downgrade the firmware to the official V2.3.2.130 and oddly enough I still have the DNS issue and have to restart the device to get it to work again. It all started by upgrading to beta. If I can't fix it by downgrading to official firmware and factory resetting, how can I solve this?

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Overclocked said:

So until last week, I used the router on official V2.3.2.130 without any issues. Last week I decided to try the latest beta so I went from V2.3.2.130>intermediary firmware>RC10>RC14. I upgraded without any issues but started having problems where all access to the internet and even LAN devices like Nas or security cams weren't able to get through (most likely DNS problems like a guy mentioned before in this forum). I did factory resets several times and even started the process again doing factory resets along the way but I still have the same issue. I gave up and decided to downgrade the firmware to the official V2.3.2.130 and oddly enough I still have the DNS issue and have to restart the device to get it to work again. It all started by upgrading to beta. If I can't fix it by downgrading to official firmware and factory resetting, how can I solve this?

In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops it.

Thanks for your reply Fraser. After doing your recommended setup it lasted longer before becoming inaccessible at around 26 hours. The problem is still there. Do you have any other recommendations? 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Overclocked said:

Thanks for your reply Fraser. After doing your recommended setup it lasted longer before becoming inaccessible at around 26 hours. The problem is still there. Do you have any other recommendations? 

Make sure you have reserved the IPs otherwise doing this your devices won't be able to connect but disable DHCP/Use router as a server and then see if it is more consistent please

On 5/29/2024 at 2:16 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Potentially, factory reset it then see if you can access normally with the default LAN IP then change the IP and see if it works after that

yup, when its setup with default IP and acting as the main router it works/loads as normal, it only errors out when its not the main router/default ip

• Administrators
21 hours ago, IITazII said:

adblocker me bloquea mi biblioteca de juegos en EA APP 

lista blanca para que eso no pase?

Have a look at the URL when it gets blocked (it should show up), then add that to your whitelist and it should prevent it happening, if you also provide that URL to us we can get it added to the main whitelist

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have a look at the URL when it gets blocked (it should show up), then add that to your whitelist and it should prevent it happening, if you also provide that URL to us we can get it added to the main whitelist

El dominio es: sdk.split.io

The DNS/Lan inaccessibility dropouts are still happening with the recommended settings I was given. Will there ever be a proper fix for this or should I just drop Netgear and use the ISP modem/router yuck? I will mention that when the dropout occurs I can't access my network cameras from the LAN but I can access them over the internet with my cellphone network. I can't access the router itself with reserved and non-reserved IP's. This is a really bad problem so I hope it gets the attention it deserves.

• Administrators
On 6/12/2024 at 3:44 AM, Overclocked said:

The DNS/Lan inaccessibility dropouts are still happening with the recommended settings I was given. Will there ever be a proper fix for this or should I just drop Netgear and use the ISP modem/router yuck? I will mention that when the dropout occurs I can't access my network cameras from the LAN but I can access them over the internet with my cellphone network. I can't access the router itself with reserved and non-reserved IP's. This is a really bad problem so I hope it gets the attention it deserves.

Is this with DHCP entirely disabled now so it's just the reserved IPs? I couldn't say honestly, it's something we've brought up to NG many years ago

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Overclocked said:

If I disable DHCP will I have to add every device one by one and assign an IP address Manually?

Yes you should connect all devices you want connected to the router then on the router you can set them each a reserved IP address which shouldn't take too long, then reboot, wait a few minutes, then you can disable DHCP. Any new devices you'd then want to connect you'd have to set a static IP on the device itself first.

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Overclocked said:

"Look at me, I'm the router now"

But seriously, will there be an update soon that could hopefully resolve this?

I couldn't say honestly, it's something we've brought up to NG many years ago - it's on their side, it's not something we can fix ourselves

• 2 weeks later...

Traffic prioritization list for games has changed(Diablo 4 disappeared from the list)? manual additions of League of Legends and Fortnite are not being detected and activated.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Overclocked said:

Traffic prioritization list for games has changed(Diablo 4 disappeared from the list)? manual additions of League of Legends and Fortnite are not being detected and activated.

We do update and remove games periodically, I wouldn't have thought we'd have remove that one though, if you resync the cloud does it reappear and do they trigger?

Got it. I want to report however that a manual addition of League of Legends does not detect activity.It worked a week and a half ago, but it just doesn't pick up the game. Fortnnite, COD and Diablo 4 are picked up np.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Overclocked said:

Got it. I want to report however that a manual addition of League of Legends does not detect activity.It worked a week and a half ago, but it just doesn't pick up the game. Fortnnite, COD and Diablo 4 are picked up np.

Okay thanks for the report, we'll need to retest it - if you add the PC with the Games Console service it should work that way

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
16 hours ago, CrAzY_V3t3rAn said:

Hello guys, any ETA on when a fix is gonna be available for PING OPTIMIZER and PING HEATMAP for COD on the latest BETA version XR500?? Thanks in advance. 😎

We don't give out any ETAs unfortunately so I couldn't say. What's the issue for CoD on Heatmap? We can sort that with a cloud update if needed

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We don't give out any ETAs unfortunately so I couldn't say. What's the issue for CoD on Heatmap? We can sort that with a cloud update if needed

Ping Heatmap not giving correct/accurate ping for the state of Florida for COD. Ping Heatmap is showing 21 ms and in-game I have between 65-75 ms constant. 

Ping Heatmap.png