MW2 Ranked Hit Detection low ping ?

gamerukali

Anyone play Ranked exepriance really bad hit detection while u get instantly melted? Im joining low ping lobbies but i just feel im at a disavantage. Sometimes almost full clip goes into someone while it seems a few bullets and im dead

1 hour ago, gamerukali said:

Anyone play Ranked exepriance really bad hit detection while u get instantly melted? Im joining low ping lobbies but i just feel im at a disavantage. Sometimes almost full clip goes into someone while it seems a few bullets and im dead

I know exactly what you are talking about, in normal multiplayer lobbies usually lower the ping they tigher the SBMM is but in ranked they are usually just all demons. Watch kill cams you will notice when your getting melted they are hitting you chest to head each time 2 or 3 hit kills. Also sad to say almost every match i have played where there is PC players on the opposite team there is a cheater. I don't know how many matches i played where the whole enemy team is cheating (alot of hide ah hackers now, everyone trying to be twitch famous)

VPN , geo filter, none of this gives you an edge when it comes to ranked. You need to dial in QOS settings

1 minute ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

I know exactly what you are talking about, in normal multiplayer lobbies usually lower the ping they tigher the SBMM is but in ranked they are usually just all demons. Watch kill cams you will notice when your getting melted they are hitting you chest to head each time 2 or 3 hit kills. Also sad to say almost every match i have played where there is PC players on the opposite team there is a cheater. I don't know how many matches i played where the whole enemy team is cheating (alot of hide ah hackers now, everyone trying to be twitch famous)

VPN , geo filter, none of this gives you an edge when it comes to ranked. You need to dial in QOS settings

Im on PS5 so i have cross play off.

What do you mean by dial in QOS settings ?

if you want the best gaming experience for cod you need to dial in your qos settings (along with a bunch of other features the dumaOS provides. But with QOS you need to find your sweet spot for the sliders. for multiplayer i have mind set to 100% but i have the downloaded capped at 20mb and the upload capped at 5mb (will make the internet crappy for everyone else in the house while your playing) for warzone i set the download back to 1g and 50mb on my spectrum connection with the sliders now set to 70% each

You can't avoid sbmm in cods the better you are the worst the servers become similar to apex legends. They focus all high ranked players to one server location and expect all of them to live on the same area. Like I can be playing 20ms and because I beat my wonker so much I now have to play 100ms. Unless you play on casual bot lobbies which i refer to as scrubs and that playing on console being forced to play with PC fags 3x faster input no cap.

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2023 at 2:23 PM, TODDzillaInLA said:

if you want the best gaming experience for cod you need to dial in your qos settings (along with a bunch of other features the dumaOS provides. But with QOS you need to find your sweet spot for the sliders. for multiplayer i have mind set to 100% but i have the downloaded capped at 20mb and the upload capped at 5mb (will make the internet crappy for everyone else in the house while your playing) for warzone i set the download back to 1g and 50mb on my spectrum connection with the sliders now set to 70% each

When you said you had yours set to 100% did you mean that you had both the DL and UL sliders at 100% and your gaming device was capped at 20mb and 5mb or is it the other way around? 

for multiplayer i put bandwidth settings to 30mb down 10mb  up sliders both at 100% after last update, Warzone2 bandwidth at 1000mb download 1000mb upload (Fios connection) and the sliders 50% download 90% upload

2 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

for multiplayer i put bandwidth settings to 30mb down 10mb  up sliders both at 100% after last update, Warzone2 bandwidth at 1000mb download 1000mb upload (Fios connection) and the sliders 50% download 90% upload

Oh so you mean that you’re changing the bandwidth in the R2s bandwidth settings and not just on your gaming device through bandwidth allocation? 

yes, Fully manipulating the lag compression engine. Unfortunately if you have other devices connected to the same network there internet experience is going to be dog $hit lol

• 2 weeks later...

Not necessarily, have the r2 connected to main router then main router to modem. Gaming console or pc connected to r2. That way only device that "suffers" is the actual gaming device you're playing on. 

I have a great main router and my actual speeds are faster than ISP's advertised speeds. MSI Wifi 6E router is main. I'm thinking of connecting my r2 to that and giving it a go.

But I have a question, can't I just change qos on my MSI router and get the same effects? Like do I really need r2? Seems like most settings that are mentioned can be changed in almost any router.

im going thru the same thing as we speak.

in the beginning of the season with Smart QOS, i was  beaming people and   was saying this is the best i felt in the game.  now im seeing ALOT of shoot first die first moreso when i use the TAQ.  the gun  just doesnt work for me anymore in ranked.  i went to my PS5 which is on  our Google wifi and there the Taq was eating people alive. so IDK what is happening.