After months of testing...

The way forward

Yeh for sure. I'll keep that in mind ;)

Thing is, this was never a problem with the older COD's (COD4, MW2 & Black Ops 1), and my tv was a lot worse then lol.

Or was it? What was/is the response time on a tube tv? I still remember getting my first "Hi-Def" tv during COD4. I was amazed how I could now read the print on guns and grenade launchers, etc. I was blown away. I'm willing to bet, however, that the lag was less on my old TCS tube tv (do they even make tv's anymore?). B)

Oh yes

Or was it? What was/is the response time on a tube tv? I still remember getting my first "Hi-Def" tv during COD4. I was amazed how I could now read the print on guns and grenade launchers, etc. I was blown away. I'm willing to bet, however, that the lag was less on my old TCS tube tv (do they even make tv's anymore?). B)

Old CRT tv's have minimal input lag they were awesome for gaming on.

HAHAHA, me too. I used to play on a 32 inch CRT TV on Cod4 and when I got a HDTV I was blown away. I could actually read the instructions on the claymore.

Been using Sony Bravia TV's for a few years now and the one in Mission Control has 14ms of input lag I think. At my age I aint gonna notice that.

HAHAHA, me too. I used to play on a 32 inch CRT TV on Cod4 and when I got a HDTV I was blown away. I could actually read the instructions on the claymore.

Been using Sony Bravia TV's for a few years now and the one in Mission Control has 14ms of input lag I think. At my age I aint gonna notice that.

The newer sonys have 6ms of input lag so i bought one better than most gaming monitors :)

(not to be confused by response time)

CRT - Cathode Ray Tube Televisions have next to a 0ms response time and 0ms input time, they are still what most pro-gamers use.

So please don't compare anything in the modern TV/monitor world to them...there isn't a comparison

I set these then turn off my pc , i do not look at the duma geo page, I pull the black out blinds down put my try hard pants on get in my chair and forget everything just get lost in the game.

I know the duma is working and just let it do its thing, I play much better not looking at pings and graphs and hosts and things.

If feel's good I play, if it dont then back out and find a host who's brother isnt watching Pr0nhub and start again.

I don't look at the graphs etc... when playing either, but when you know everything's on and nothing's working, it's not a good feeling lol.

• Netduma Staff

CRT - Cathode Ray Tube Televisions have next to a 0ms response time and 0ms input time, they are still what most pro-gamers use.

So please don't compare anything in the modern TV/monitor world to them...there isn't a comparison

I have to say, I've never seen a pro-gamer (at least not in CoD) who uses a CRT TV to play on. Maybe I'm looking at completely the wrong thing but....

And there kind of is a comparison, they both have the same function which is to display an image.

if you don't mind sharing the brand and model of the TV i'll happily look up the input lag of said tv...

I honestly think that duma has just exposed an issue and isn't the issue as all it is doing is making you play with people close to you this lowers your ping time to those people and thereby rids the game of it's lag.

Pretty simple on a computing and networking front, so more than happy to troubleshoot more with you.

and you just got the duma, on the other games you mentioned this TV "worked" because you weren't likely playing with people around you but instead anyone and everyone

In all honesty, i don't think it's even worth looking into tv's and lag input etc... I was reading someone else on here with exactly the same problems, and he's got a gaming monitor and said that's not helped him at all. I think it's all pointless, it's blatantly the algorithm within the game. There's no reason why i could play COD4, MW2 & Black Ops 1 years back without worrying about tv lag etc... when all of a sudden MW3 comes along and it's unplayable, and everyone's saying it's the tv lag, the controller lag, wireless lag etc... it has to be something within the game. I bet shop sales have shot up for all of those items within that time frame lol. 

Thanks for the help though, it's appreciated.

I have to say, I've never seen a pro-gamer (at least not in CoD) who uses a CRT TV to play on. Maybe I'm looking at completely the wrong thing but....

i'm speaking of pro PC gamers, slowly they are moving to the BenQ systems or that other pro lcd...most are sponsored 

One of my computers in my household has been doing something really bandwidth intense all day long. After reading this post I thought that now would be the best time to test and see if my connection was very bad in game like it should be or if there really is lag compensation in COD. So I hopped into a game and my ping was 120 ms (as to be expected because there was extreme bandwidth congestion) I played and I got 34 kills and 14 deaths playing the objective hard. I was the MVP, and I felt like the best player in the lobby. The funny thing is, usually I have to try extremely hard to do good in this game, and during this game it felt like it was super easy to play well!! For the first time I could relax and do well in a game. I am a true believer in lag compensation!

Cant wait for the duma guys to add in a bandwidth control setting or something like Sim on youtube has on his other modem/router/isp hub or whatever it is. 

I know thats why in an earlier post on the other other page i said how good they were to play on with next to no lag.

I and bagsta then went on to talk about sony tvs of now.

Im not comparing anything :)

I know thats why in an earlier post on the other other page i said how good they were to play on with next to no lag.

I and bagsta then went on to talk about sony tvs of now.

Im not comparing anything :)

lol Zennon not everything is about you, I was speaking to the OP as he was comparing the two and saying it was the same.

One of my computers in my household has been doing something really bandwidth intense all day long. After reading this post I thought that now would be the best time to test and see if my connection was very bad in game like it should be or if there really is lag compensation in COD. So I hopped into a game and my ping was 120 ms (as to be expected because there was extreme bandwidth congestion) I played and I got 34 kills and 14 deaths playing the objective hard. I was the MVP, and I felt like the best player in the lobby. The funny thing is, usually I have to try extremely hard to do good in this game, and during this game it felt like it was super easy to play well!! For the first time I could relax and do well in a game. I am a true believer in lag compensation!

Cant wait for the duma guys to add in a bandwidth control setting or something like Sim on youtube has on his other modem/router/isp hub or whatever it is. 

Exactly.

Well, lag compensation has always existed, if it didn't we'd be be warping around the map and the game would be irrelevant, but since MW3 COD has been tweeked too much, simple as.

The best thing that the Netduma guys could do, is implement the option to 'Add latency' to overall bandwidth, or via I.P address i feel. But we shouldn't have to do all this to play a game it's ridiculous, the game is broken before release lol. 

• Administrators

The new update will have anti-jitter which may achieve something similar to this, you guys will have to give us your input on how well that does. In terms of your original post I'm happy to do a 1 on 1 with you and see if we can do anything :)

Archived