AW east coast settings?

infernomachine

I haven't been able to have much luck. Even when it says xxx (2-400) miles away it still jumps to Seattle mid game. At least with strict mode off.

If I wait an extra long time and piss the other 5 in my party off, we may or may not eventually find a game. Annoying as fcuk.

What mode?  I'm East coast, and I generally use strict, 1000mi with 15ms assist.  I play HC Dom, and usually manage to find a game.  If I can't (which is rare), I can find HC TDM easily, and can always find core TDM (though I loathe and despise non-obj modes, sometimes ya just gotta slay)

I'm in Boston too and having problems getting any games. I like kill confirm but can only find tdm. Not sure what's going on. Maybe we are getting better and can't find skill players to match us.

I'm on the West Coast but it appears that they are funneling everyone through Seattle. I play P2P with PA off and usually put my location in Colorado to play on the Kansas server but it appears to have disappeared. Seattle is the worst.

I do run bleeding edge cloud with auto update for the cloud.

Perhaps those of you in Boston should relocate your home location in the host filtering to someplace like PA or IL?  A 1000m range in those areas will give you most of the east coast and midwest while ignoring the pacific NW and SW.

I've been finding that 90% of the time, it's not an actual server in Seattle. They are just servers with the wrong location. Still not good when it comes to the geo-filter but I have to leave strict off now because of it. I live in Indiana and 90% of the dedicated servers I connect to are in Seattle but have a 15-25ms ping which is almost impossible. They are most likely in Chicago. 

Yeah I have the same issues here on the east coast also. I primarily play search and the matchmaking is so screwed it constantly tries to through me in lobbies with Euro guys and South America. The duma does it's job and does not put me in with them but it takes forever to find a game unless I include the dedi that shows in Seattle which is horrible everytime I play on it. This is what my geo filter looks like.

Ll0XCrg.png

Just keep moving your home location around until you find some decent dedi's.But remember also it's not just the dedi your playing on,it's also who's connected to the dedi.If you have some people with 200-300 ms ping your game is gonna suffer.

I'm gonna check this out later as I haven't been playing AW, lately.

I'm mostly concerned the Kansas City server may be "missing", or that SBMM is doing its (lame!) job, or the player base is so low now all traffic is being routed through Seattle?

Hmm...

Archived