How is the R2 running MW2?

Dyson350

15 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

It seems like it's doing pretty well, it might require some tweaking to optimise but for the most part it's good! The right combination of Geo-filter and QoS seem to make for a pretty competitive gaming experience.

What’s the right combination of geo filter and QoS for someone in the UK?

I’ve done the QoS and congestion control changes you’ve suggested on one of the other threads and tested geo filter to UK only and the whole of EU, but I’m still having plenty of shoot first die first moments.

The ridiculously strong SBMM really doesn’t help either as I’m being matched with wanna be COD pros if I queue solo…and when I play with friends, then the SBMM means that I’m dominating the lobby but they all go badly negative KD (they even comment how stark the difference is in difficulty is as soon as I join the lobby).

Would I be better off using geo filter to try force East Coast US server at 80-90ms? I tried to force Italy and Spain the other day (approx 30ms) but was unable to find any games.

Also as of right now, the only EU server showing on Ping Heatmap is France at 19ms.

5 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I’ve done the QoS and congestion control changes you’ve suggested on one of the other threads and tested geo filter to UK only and the whole of EU, but I’m still having plenty of shoot first die first moments.

The ridiculously strong SBMM really doesn’t help either as I’m being matched with wanna be COD pros if I queue solo…and when I play with friends, then the SBMM means that I’m dominating the lobby but they all go badly negative KD (they even comment how stark the difference is in difficulty is as soon as I join the lobby).

Would I be better off using geo filter to try force East Coast US server at 80-90ms? I tried to force Italy and Spain the other day (approx 30ms) but was unable to find any games.

Also as of right now, the only EU server showing on Ping Heatmap is France at 19ms.

You can try experimenting with some higher ping servers, but in theory it'll just be down to chance as to whether that helps or not.

What device are you playing on and how have you got Traffic Prio configured? Can you send a screenshot?

4 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

You can try experimenting with some higher ping servers, but in theory it'll just be down to chance as to whether that helps or not.

What device are you playing on and how have you got Traffic Prio configured? Can you send a screenshot?

Playing on XSX with QoS set at 75% and set up a new rule for the XSX with Normal and WAN. Was using Gaming/Voice but the results are the same.

I can’t screenshot at the moment as not at home, and those details don’t seem to be DumaOS mobile.

56 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Your probalyyy not forcing the servers correctly 

In order to find  france or spain  / any region matches you have to allow that regions data centre  matchmaking server to your  geo filter allow

The best way to do this is by 

Click on  the cod mw  game in your  console 

It actually looks forthe data cantre before you  first start the game  

Before you press x to start   game  on ps5    ive teseted it

Once youve acepted the data centre  search for ganes 

You have to do this  a few times to get all the data centres from thst region

1 hour ago, kinel said:

In order to find  france or spain  / any region matches you have to allow that regions data centre  matchmaking server to your  geo filter allow

Ok thanks. I was trying with polygon mode in geo filter around Italy and Spain, but didn’t find any games so I’ll try your suggestion and allow servers if they show on geo filter when starting the game up.

4 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Playing on XSX with QoS set at 75% and set up a new rule for the XSX with Normal and WAN. Was using Gaming/Voice but the results are the same.

I can’t screenshot at the moment as not at home, and those details don’t seem to be DumaOS mobile.

OK yeah I'd be interested to see how Geo-filter and QoS are setup if you could send that over. 

Are ALL devices on the network connected to the R2?

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK yeah I'd be interested to see how Geo-filter and QoS are setup if you could send that over. 

Are ALL devices on the network connected to the R2?

Yeah all my devices are connected via the R2. I'm the only person in the house so when I'm gaming none of my devices are active other than my XSX (wired), MacBook (running DumaOS) and iPhone. Please find attached screenshots of geo filter, congestion control and traffic prioritisation.

Traffic Prioritisation.png

Geo Filter.png

Congestion Control.png

56 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@K0NSPIRACYis your Traffic Prio rule not showing any prioritized packets because you haven't played since adding the rule or is that how it always looks?

Yeah I removed the old one and created a new one as suggested by Liam. The old one was Gaming/Voice, and packets are registered on both. I played with the new Normal rule last night and didn’t notice any difference.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Given you're the only person in your home you don't really need to compete for bandwidth as the only thing happening at the time is gaming so try disabling QoS fully and see if that is better for you

Ok will give it go. Thanks Fraser 👍

On 11/2/2022 at 12:28 PM, kinel said:

Tried this last night with polygon over Italy and Spain, and was able to join games. It was quite late so only played a couple of games, and will need to test more to see if there’s any noticeable improvement. Ping was approx 30-35ms (I’m based in the UK) but not sure if I was connecting to Spain or Italy as both were highlighted in game on the geo filter (which I thought was a bit odd).

I may also play test Finland as that shows as approx 50ms on ping heatmap.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@K0NSPIRACYis your Traffic Prio rule not showing any prioritized packets because you haven't played since adding the rule or is that how it always looks?

Just to confirm…played for a few hours last night after setting the Games Console Normal/WAN rule, and packets show as over 600k download and nearly 700k upload.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 12:34 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Given you're the only person in your home you don't really need to compete for bandwidth as the only thing happening at the time is gaming so try disabling QoS fully and see if that is better for you

So QoS should be disabled if I am the only one using the network bandwidth since I am the only person in my home?

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Dyson350 said:

So QoS should be disabled if I am the only one using the network bandwidth since I am the only person in my home?

You don't have to disable it but if you're wanting to experiment to get the best experience then it is a good option to try as you wouldn't see a big negative impact

On 11/3/2022 at 6:02 PM, K0NSPIRACY said:

Just to confirm…played for a few hours last night after setting the Games Console Normal/WAN rule, and packets show as over 600k download and nearly 700k upload.

what other settings have you changed ?

3 hours ago, philo3391 said:

what other settings have you changed ?

I’ve been playing around with various settings, and tbh I haven’t found anything that consistently makes the game play any better.

I play on XSX so changing MTU doesn’t work, BA doesn’t offer any improvement and QoS seems to make it worse. The only thing I use is Geo Filter to UK/EU only, and I am also able to get on Spain/Italy servers for slightly higher ping if I use polygon mode.

The biggest problem for me is the fast TTK, and with the SBMM in this game I don’t think there’s much we can do about it if you’re playing against good players…or “sentinels” holding line of sight. There’s no setting on the router that can change how others play or who we get matched with, so the best way is to adapt our style of play accordingly.

20 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I’ve been playing around with various settings, and tbh I haven’t found anything that consistently makes the game play any better.

I play on XSX so changing MTU doesn’t work, BA doesn’t offer any improvement and QoS seems to make it worse. The only thing I use is Geo Filter to UK/EU only, and I am also able to get on Spain/Italy servers for slightly higher ping if I use polygon mode.

The biggest problem for me is the fast TTK, and with the SBMM in this game I don’t think there’s much we can do about it if you’re playing against good players…or “sentinels” holding line of sight. There’s no setting on the router that can change how others play or who we get matched with, so the best way is to adapt our style of play accordingly.

yeah i hear that .

i tried a few different settings and changing MTU 

most people are finding the vpn route and playing on the italian servers alright but i get the same ping if i vpn or just force the geo fence around those countries.

yes there is alot of sweats and alot of weasles hiding around corners. but thats COD :) thanks for reply ill let you know if i find anything that helps i am playing around with DHCP and DNS