Yep cod is fked for good connections..

davemarsden132

12 hours ago, Knomax said:

Yes i use Elan's script as @Dopam-IT_1987  says it works very well but i added a few more rules...another project is QOSify but it needs some work to be done for our needs in gaming.

@Dopam-IT_1987  You are lucky...French VDSL connection near servers.😉

Are you using it with the edgerouter x? I'm having issues, maybe I configured it wrong, or maybe because I'm still on openwrt 19.07

18 hours ago, Dopam-IT_1987 said:

Capture d’écran 2021-12-17 à 00.49.04.png

Very nice, I need to look into how to update my edgerouter x, I had issues flashing openwrt I don't want to go through that again lol

4 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Are you using it with the edgerouter x? I'm having issues, maybe I configured it wrong, or maybe because I'm still on openwrt 19.07

I use latest beta snapshot...snapshots doesn't web interface...so i install it manually.

What issues do you have?

11 hours ago, Knomax said:

I use latest beta snapshot...snapshots doesn't web interface...so i install it manually.

What issues do you have?

When running the script with lan=eth0.1, wan=eth0.2 I lost connection to the internet, I had to uninstall the script completely to get it back

I was told to bridge the lan interface and run some other commands but I still think there is an issue, my PC had internet but my ps4 did not. It was being given an IP on the 192.168.2.* range but my network is on 192.168.1.* - I have an IP reserved for ps4 on 192.168.1.* also manually assigned in ps4 settings but it would not connect to internet at all.

I think it's an issue with the version of openwrt i'm using 19.07. How would I upgrade to latest version? Did you do it via the gui or SSH? Any simple instructions?

15 hours ago, Knomax said:

In "interfaces"....new Veth interface must say "lanveth"......In interfaces what type of connection do you have?In Wan....etc dhcp....pppoe.?

elan said to delete the new veth interface once I ran the script (these were instructions to try get it working on version 19.02). I'm not sure whether it said "lanveth", I'll run it again after work to see. In the script lan is set to br-lan and wan set to eth0.2

I have bridged the LAN interface, LAN is static, WAN/WAN6 is DHCP. I don't use the VLAN eth0.3 interface.

Am I ok to just update openwrt via gui with the sysupgrade.bin file? I've read a post mentioning something about converting DSA but I don't understand that/don't know whether it applies to me. I don't mind losing my configuration and starting fresh

image.png.b69bb95ecf1c82c490d6e60c63d05297.png

salut johnny vous pouvez télécharger auc si vous voulez c'est un petit programme de mise à jour pour putty ou sysupgrade assisté puis recharger le script car tous les fichiers supplémentaires disparaissent comme cake.sh mais vous gardez votre configuration ainsi que les packages ou l'ip statique, le script marche vraiment super bien chez moi puisque j'ai rajouté en accord avec @elan le postrouting en cs4, ça me convient parfaitement, et en plus que j'ai bientôt la fibre pour pouvoir la désactiver pour retrouver son débit est super sans trop de complication il a eu j'avais prévu de le mettre en place depuis longtemps il m'a dit mais je l'ai devancé lol ;)
520486309_Capturedecran2021-12-20a04_55_35.png.dd0e80c6391b2dfc48c910791df4374a.png

bonne journée 1202542750_Capturedecran2021-12-20a04_55_14.png.75adbc55511becde303e7fbc254b7293.png

6 hours ago, johnnytran said:

elan said to delete the new veth interface once I ran the script (these were instructions to try get it working on version 19.02). I'm not sure whether it said "lanveth", I'll run it again after work to see. In the script lan is set to br-lan and wan set to eth0.2

I have bridged the LAN interface, LAN is static, WAN/WAN6 is DHCP. I don't use the VLAN eth0.3 interface.

Am I ok to just update openwrt via gui with the sysupgrade.bin file? I've read a post mentioning something about converting DSA but I don't understand that/don't know whether it applies to me. I don't mind losing my configuration and starting fresh

Not a 100% sure but usually the number behind the decimal stands for VLAN.

So in your case you are using ETH0 which is usually the WAN adapter. And you have added VLAN 2 for internet communication and VLAN 3 for playstation.

This is a configuration that is usually used for 'router on stick' and you need a additional managed switch for internet coming in and signal going out to PS4.

8 hours ago, johnnytran said:

A little "strange" configuration..but ok.

WAN interface says  eth0.2 ...so you take ip from ISP via DHCP...you can download latest snapshot..but snapshots doesnt GUI (Luci) so you must install it manually.

LuCI essentials 

opkg update

opkg install luci

To be able to install luci you must connect to router via Putty or by console ssh and run the commands after new firmware installation.

If you need GUI by default you can install via interface latest stable version 21.02 which is DSA and try the script.

1 hour ago, Knomax said:

A little "strange" configuration..but ok.

WAN interface says  eth0.2 ...so you take ip from ISP via DHCP...you can download latest snapshot..but snapshots doesnt GUI (Luci) so you must install it manually.

LuCI essentials 

opkg update

opkg install luci

To be able to install luci you must connect to router via Putty or by console ssh and run the commands after new firmware installation.

If you need GUI by default you can install via interface latest stable version 21.02 which is DSA and try the script.

It's the default configuration after I installed 19.07 lol

From what I understand I can install  "openwrt-21.02.1-ramips-mt7621-ubnt_edgerouter-x-squashfs-sysupgrade" via GUI in system > backup/flash firmware > flash image , I might get an error but I can click through it and it will still upgrade (https://forum.openwrt.org/t/update-for-ubnt-erx-from-19-07-to-21-02/106367/2)

I'm going to do it soon via GUI, hopefully I still have internet lol

why you use again edgerouter x it's an old router but very well for the past like the mikrotik rb750gr3 (i has too hap ac2 good quality for the price better than old mikrotik ) but i played to 3 router different and the new router is more efficient for me 

i playing a little bit to multiplayer sometimes, my last gampelay with controllers classic ps5 because usually i'm use a aim controller ps5 with paddle behind 4 paddles X O etc 

It's more than enough to handle my 100Mbps connection, sometimes when I have 1Gps I can get 700-800Mbps without tweaking settings. Maybe when I have over 20 devices using the internet at the same time I'll get a better router lol but I don't see the point of it now, I don't think it will make gaming better

I alternate between edgerouter and r2, depending on what's giving me a good connection on cod at the time. Atm its the edgerouter

On 12/21/2021 at 5:37 PM, davemarsden132 said:

Whats all this wlan router edgescript stuff

Does this fix lag compensation? 

They flush their routers with custom open source firmwares like DD WRT. In there, they can run certain commands or scripts like Netem, which can simulate different network conditions.

You can for example, artificially add delays, packet loss etc, to outgoing/incoming traffic.

Doing it, in combination with existing in game lag compensation, can give you some advantage, by not broadcasting your position to server, then enemy as fast as you normally would. 

I actually have done it myself (years ago:).  At first... it worked like a charm but after few days it looked like it was doing nothing. Some say, that there is an algorithm in this game preventing this kind of manipulation.

Hope that explains it.

As @Jackal235 we install in our router custom source firmware like Openwrt....what benefits you have?

Etc when you buy a router it has some functions provided by the company firmware it runs ....etc Tplink router run tplink firmware and etc has the functions of vpn and qos...and thats it you cant do anything about that or adding other functions.

When you flash the same router with Openwrt you can customize as you like...it has functions that "original" firmware of tplink doesnt have.

Openwrt functions in a simple explanation can be added by packets.....it has many many "packets" to do what ever you want.

Etc if you want Qos you install  SQM or QOS or QOSify .....if you want VPN you install vpn packet.

Most important, you can run custom scripts with packet "bash"....custom scripts it is nothing more than txt files named etc   qos.sh  which you have write in them commands and iptables rules for example and all of this can be runned at once..you dont need to write these commands one by one in console and run them...in a simple explanation again it runs like a "program" etc at boot or router.

Example of a script...

#!/bin/sh -x
############################################################

### Interfaces ###

## Go to: "Network -> Interfaces" and write the name of those interfaces here.

## Change this to the name of your "LAN interface", if you have altered it from the OpenWrt default.
LAN="br-lan"

## Change this to the name of your "WAN interface".
WAN="pppoe-wan"

### Download methods ###

DOWN_METHOD="veth"  # Write: "veth" | "normal"
                    # "veth"   The 'DSCP marks' work on download and upload in "Cake".
                    # "normal" The 'DSCP marks' only work on upload in "Cake".

######################################################################################################################

Firewall rules to prioritize 3074-3079 ports and 30000-45000 ports used by COD...30000-45000 tagged as CS4 DSCP mark to "fall" in first priority and 3074-3079 tagged as AF41 to "fall" in second class priority for specific Ip address which is my console.

ipt4dscp -s "192.168.1.200" -p udp -m multiport --ports 3074:3079 -j DSCP --set-dscp-class AF41 -m comment --comment "Game Console Port 3074-3079 to AF41 (UDP)"
ipt4dscp -d "192.168.1.200" -p udp -m multiport --ports 3074:3079 -j DSCP --set-dscp-class AF41 -m comment --comment "Game Console Port 3074-3079 to AF41 (UDP)"
ipt4dscp -s "192.168.1.200" -p udp -m multiport --ports 30000:45000 -j DSCP --set-dscp-class CS4 -m comment --comment "Game Console Ports 30000-45000 to CS4 (UDP)"
ipt4dscp -d "192.168.1.200" -p udp -m multiport --ports 30000:45000 -j DSCP --set-dscp-class CS4 -m comment --comment "Game Console Ports 30000-45000 to CS4 (UDP)"

Traffic from above firewall rules....

ZcJb9xU.png

I think and netduma is based in Openwrt.

3 hours ago, Knomax said:

As @Jackal235 we install in our router custom source firmware like Openwrt....what benefits you have?

Etc when you buy a router it has some functions provided by the company firmware it runs ....etc Tplink router run tplink firmware and etc has the functions of vpn and qos...and thats it you cant do anything about that or adding other functions.

When you flash the same router with Openwrt you can customize as you like...it has functions that "original" firmware of tplink doesnt have.

Openwrt functions in a simple explanation can be added by packets.....it has many many "packets" to do what ever you want.

Etc if you want Qos you install  SQM or QOS or QOSify .....if you want VPN you install vpn packet.

Most important, you can run custom scripts with packet "bash"....custom scripts it is nothing more than txt files named etc   qos.sh  which you have write in them commands and iptables rules for example and all of this can be runned at once..you dont need to write these commands one by one in console and run them...in a simple explanation again it runs like a "program" etc at boot or router.

Example of a script...

#!/bin/sh -x

### Interfaces ###

## Go to: "Network -> Interfaces" and write the name of those interfaces here.

## Change this to the name of your "LAN interface", if you have altered it from the OpenWrt default.
LAN="br-lan"

## Change this to the name of your "WAN interface".
WAN="pppoe-wan"

### Download methods ###

DOWN_METHOD="veth"  # Write: "veth" | "normal"
                    # "veth"   The 'DSCP marks' work on download and upload in "Cake".
                    # "normal" The 'DSCP marks' only work on upload in "Cake".

######################################################################################################################

Firewall rules to prioritize 3074-3079 ports and 30000-45000 ports used by COD...30000-45000 tagged as CS4 DSCP mark to "fall" in first priority and 3074-3079 tagged as AF41 to "fall" in second class priority for specific Ip address which is my console.

ipt4dscp -s "192.168.1.200" -p udp -m multiport --ports 3074:3079 -j DSCP --set-dscp-class AF41 -m comment --comment "Game Console Port 3074-3079 to AF41 (UDP)"
ipt4dscp -d "192.168.1.200" -p udp -m multiport --ports 3074:3079 -j DSCP --set-dscp-class AF41 -m comment --comment "Game Console Port 3074-3079 to AF41 (UDP)"
ipt4dscp -s "192.168.1.200" -p udp -m multiport --ports 30000:45000 -j DSCP --set-dscp-class CS4 -m comment --comment "Game Console Ports 30000-45000 to CS4 (UDP)"
ipt4dscp -d "192.168.1.200" -p udp -m multiport --ports 30000:45000 -j DSCP --set-dscp-class CS4 -m comment --comment "Game Console Ports 30000-45000 to CS4 (UDP)"

Traffic from above firewall rules....

ZcJb9xU.png

I think and netduma is based in Openwrt.

Could you help me with this scrypt and modify it like you have. My Xbox is IP 192.168.2.139, WAN interface is Eth0.

I only changed the priority of the ports but for the PC and I don't know if it will work for the Xbox.

cake.sh

Hello, sorry for my absence yes indeed elan and me I have the same router it was simpler ..

this script works well on classic routers but on the router that we flashed with elan it is really very efficient, again this n it is not a question of speed but of power cpu ram etc, I tried on edgerouter erx
mikrotik rb750gr3 hap ac2 and finally the router that I prefer the belkin rt3200 in europe or e8450 in the usa ... I explained several tests in the past about the bufferbloat on this router, now playing becomes a pleasure and not a constraint, I wish you a happy holiday ;)

in french because i am french ^^

Bonjour, désolé pour mon absence oui effectivement elan et j'ai le même routeur c'était plus simple..

ce script marche bien sur les routeurs classiques mais sur le routeur qu'on a flashé avec elan c'est vraiment très efficace, encore une fois ce n'est pas une question de vitesse mais de puissance cpu ram etc, j'ai essayé sur edgerouter erx
mikrotik rb750gr3 hap ac2 et enfin le routeur que je prefere le belkin rt3200 en europe ou e8450 aux usa... j'ai expliqué plusieurs tests dans le passé sur le bufferbloat sur ce routeur, maintenant jouer devient un plaisir et non une contrainte, je vous souhaite de bonnes vacances

9 hours ago, Dopam-IT_1987 said:

this script works well on classic routers but on the router that we flashed with elan it is really very efficient, again this n it is not a question of speed but of power cpu ram etc, I tried on edgerouter erx
mikrotik rb750gr3 hap ac2 and finally the router that I prefer the belkin rt3200 in europe or e8450 in the usa ... I explained several tests in the past about the bufferbloat on this router, now playing becomes a pleasure and not a constraint, I wish you a happy holiday ;)

What's the difference with belkin and erx?Both run Openwrt the only problem will be if someone has very big speeds and etc erx cannot handle them but this is not problem of Openwrt it is the device it self...if someone doesnt have very big speeds and in range of about 100Mbps erx can handle it easily...belkin has more power of course but this has to do according to speeds you want to handle.

I have only 50Mbps and erx i think doesn't has any problem running QOS and handle this small speed.Maybe has to do with connection and your ISP and works better than other.

Here in Greece the best modem/router that supports voip is Fritzbox 7590....for our ISP's here it is the best according with the chipsets they use in DSLAM's...it is the only that provides stable connection..better sync speeds with DSLAM...no jitter..no lag spikes.

Maybe you have found the router that works best with your ISP.😉

2 hours ago, Knomax said:

What's the difference with belkin and erx?Both run Openwrt the only problem will be if someone has very big speeds and etc erx cannot handle them but this is not problem of Openwrt it is the device it self...if someone doesnt have very big speeds and in range of about 100Mbps erx can handle it easily...belkin has more power of course but this has to do according to speeds you want to handle.

I have only 50Mbps and erx i think doesn't has any problem running QOS and handle this small speed.Maybe has to do with connection and your ISP and works better than other.

I have the same connection as you in France Knomax (vdsl2 70 DL and 20 up), I just simply say that I played with erx rb750gr3 hap ac2 and finally belkin rt3200, I did not have the same results at all with an erx in play as with the rt3200, and not the same result of bufferbloat either, you are free to keep the erx if you feel that it is enough for you ;) 1441902676_Capturedecran2021-12-20a08_15_48.png.b3c6182dccc8d0f876c89f9b2f844696.png270189250_Capturedecran2021-12-20a08_21_53.png.089eaa96dc208156752e11edb9abc08d.png46132680_Capturedecran2021-12-20a08_23_26.png.176ae0bc031a9bcadea5bab02ae4e3bb.png723215347_Capturedecran2021-12-20a08_25_14.png.23ea346ee3478d29074af025e14796cc.png

35 minutes ago, Dopam-IT_1987 said:

I have the same connection as you in France Knomax (vdsl2 70 DL and 20 up), I just simply say that I played with erx rb750gr3 hap ac2 and finally belkin rt3200, I did not have the same results at all with an erx in play as with the rt3200, and not the same result of bufferbloat either, you are free to keep the erx if you feel that it is enough for you ;) 

As i said maybe you found router that works best for your ISP this is for sure a good thing.

And for sure we don't have the same connection ....you have 70DL and 20 UP with FTTH i think.

Mine is 50DL and only 5UP with copper line..and that is a big difference at first place etc ping fiber starts usually with 5ms ping..mine starts with 25ms because it is copper line to reduce it at 10ms i ask my ISP to attach to my line "fastpath" not "interleave" to make things a little better...in any case it is "far away" worse than your connection.

Etc you have 20UP so it is a good start to reduce bufferbloat because to reduce bufferbloat in upload side you need at least 7Mbps.

My connection doesnt have "space" for wrong set up....to be "competitive" i must set up it near perfect.

Best results i can achive according to my speeds it is something like that...it can't be done anything else from my side...if you have someone friend with copper line you will understand the difference between them (FTTH and copper VDSL).

i2aBUms.png

Your line is just perfect!!Jitter is under 1ms.

20 minutes ago, Knomax said:

As i said maybe you found router that works best for your ISP this is for sure a good thing.

And for sure we don't have the same connection ....you have 70DL and 20 UP with FTTH i think.

Mine is 50DL and only 5UP with copper line..and that is a big difference at first place etc ping fiber starts usually with 5ms ping..mine starts with 25ms because it is copper line to reduce it at 10ms i ask my ISP to attach to my line "fastpath" not "interleave" to make things a little better...in any case it is "far away" worse than your connection.

no at all knomax the ftth is a totally different connection, I am well in copper cable like you with the only difference that I am closer to the NRA than you that is all, I am at 300m, that is why my connection is so good for a copper line ;)

my line is perfect for the vdsl2 i know ^^

this is my connexion i has modified for has a perfect line 

269854642_2738099773152944_6525085604852565189_n.jpg.d249bfea76f4978a1da7fbccc9a996a0.jpg269849662_1051824938932307_7966092967099533732_n.jpg.7d6825af449a66b5c7070805047e1065.jpg269844705_670900897685792_3599775906071877019_n.jpg.bf573f8661f1a85f51c5bc4818bdc037.jpg

Anyone use DD-WRT I have been reading the above and am so confused haha! 

I have the R9000 - I installed DD-WRT as cant find OpenWRT for that router - I want to add a script to add a latency delay so i go to admin then commands. I then add the following commands

tc qdisc replace dev eth0 root netem delay 20ms
tc qdisc replace dev vlan2 root netem delay 20ms
tc qdisc replace dev vlan1 root netem delay 20ms
tc qdisc replace dev eth1 root netem delay 20ms
tc qdisc replace dev eth2 root netem delay 20ms
tc qdisc replace dev ath0 root netem delay 20ms
tc qdisc replace dev ath1 root netem delay 20ms

Which i was given by someone online - I have tried them 1 by 1 also.

This dosent do anything to the latency.

As i go into CMD and type Run. Then Ping 8.8.8.8 -t 

MY time fluctuates between 6ms and 8ms. 

With the above command shouldnt this have added 20ms onto that so making it 26-28ms?

Cheers in advance!