Any advice for my situation please?

mukey

Okay I’ll get straight to the point, I’m in the attic, one ethernet cable coming from netduma all way up to my room. I bought this device so that I can basically turn my 1 cable into 2, 3 or 4. (I only need two) so that I can be wired on my android box and my PS4 at the same time. But the problem I have is when I use this ethernet switch my speed on the PS4 goes from 350 up 50 down to 20 up and 2 down. Is there anyway I can sort this or any other device I need to buy? I have attached a photo of the device i’m talking about. 

EDIT: 

Now moved the Netduma to the attic to eliminate the need of the ethernet switch, but still having the exact same problem with low speeds to the PS4 as soon as I connect another ethernet to the Netduma. (photos below of speedtests)

7508828F-6A92-46B6-B8FA-2E9EC0EB2847.png

Edited by mukey
Update

Hi. That switch would be ideal but it is only 100Mbps which is very slow to todays standards as it is not a gigabit switch. I would suggest the netgear S8000 managed switch or if you just want plug and play then I would get an unmanaged switch such as the Netgear GS108. I. would suggest the GS108 for your setup.

https://amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-GS108UK-Gigabit-Ethernet-Unmanaged/dp/B0000E5SES/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=unmanaged+switch&qid=1637466289&sr=8-3

Just to show I am not a Netgear fanboy here is another alternative from D-Link.

https://amazon.co.uk/D-Link-DGS-108GL-Gigabit-Unmanaged-Desktop/dp/B098XWV2KC?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

6 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

Hi. That switch would be ideal but it is only 100Mbps which is very slow to todays standards as it is not a gigabit switch. I would suggest the netgear S8000 managed switch or if you just want plug and play then I would get an unmanaged switch such as the Netgear GS108. I. would suggest the GS108 for your setup.

https://amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-GS108UK-Gigabit-Ethernet-Unmanaged/dp/B0000E5SES/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=unmanaged+switch&qid=1637466289&sr=8-3

Just to show I am not a Netgear fanboy here is another alternative from D-Link.

https://amazon.co.uk/D-Link-DGS-108GL-Gigabit-Unmanaged-Desktop/dp/B098XWV2KC?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

Hi mate! So I had a brainwave. The nerduma was originally just sat plugged in next to the Virgin hub all way dowstairs, then the ethernet coming from the netduma to the attic to the Ethernet switch and then 1 Ethernet from the switch to the PS4 and 1 to the android box. 

About 30 mins ago I had a brainwave that I could just bring the Netduma to the attic, and then I won't need to use this switch. So that's what I've done. 

Amazing! Well so I thought, as soon as I plug the second etherent from my android box into the Netduma the speedtest on the PS4 goes from around 350 down 40 up to like 10 down 1 up? I don't understand... please help :(

So this is when I just have 1 ethernet cable from the Netduma to my PS4. 

CA825E68-E602-4741-A544-38DC8E31DF8B.thumb.jpeg.f1024b7ad7370bbed8a8c324404bedcf.jpeg

And then this is what I get as soon as I plug the ethernet cable from my android box into the Netduma. (android box is not even turned on using any internet) 

6D1FCF81-2443-4E4F-87C8-D19F549DD747.thumb.jpeg.7e71c39601b6dbebb2f5abfabac12708.jpeg

Please help :( 

2 minutes ago, mukey said:

Hi mate! So I had a brainwave. The nerduma was originally just sat plugged in next to the Virgin hub all way dowstairs, then the ethernet coming from the netduma to the attic to the Ethernet switch and then 1 Ethernet from the switch to the PS4 and 1 to the android box. 

About 30 mins ago I had a brainwave that I could just bring the Netduma to the attic, and then I won't need to use this switch. So that's what I've done. 

Amazing! Well so I thought, as soon as I plug the second etherent from my android box into the Netduma the speedtest on the PS4 goes from around 350 down 40 up to like 10 down 1 up? I don't understand... please help :(

First of all, I wouldnt rely on a speedtest from the ps4, I would do 1 from a pc or laptop wired into the R2 not wifi as this will give you the more accurate result.  I would also check your bandwidth allocation to the android box but first of all I would check the cat rating of your cables to make sure they are atleast cat5E but preferably cat6. Sorry but it will be a process of elimination. Glad you found out a solution though to save buying a switch.

1 minute ago, BIG__DOG said:

is your android box wifi capable, if so set it to use wifi and then do a speedtest on your ps4.

Cables are cat8. 

Yeah PS4 speed test isn’t as good as one on a computer but just look at the difference? It goes from 300 down to 1 as soon as I plug another ethernet into the netduma. 

The android box isn’t even turned on.

• Administrators

What speeds do you pay for 500/500? Reset Bandwidth Allocation fully, also for the PS on Traffic Prioritization delete it and then select Normal instead of Gaming/Voice, as it is wired gaming/voice isn't required. I'd also recommend you upgrade to this firmware: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/38047-new-r2-firmware-30394/ then once complete do a factory reset, it is a lot more stable than what you're on currently, then see if it still occurs.

53 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What speeds do you pay for 500/500? Reset Bandwidth Allocation fully, also for the PS on Traffic Prioritization delete it and then select Normal instead of Gaming/Voice, as it is wired gaming/voice isn't required. I'd also recommend you upgrade to this firmware: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/38047-new-r2-firmware-30394/ then once complete do a factory reset, it is a lot more stable than what you're on currently, then see if it still occurs.

I pay for 350 down and 40 up bud. Doing everything you said now. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi again Fraser, I'm on the new firmware now but when I go to ping heatmap I'm getting 'Cloud data has not been downloaded. Make sure you have an internet connection and click FORCE UPDATE.' I click force update then then it says it's taking too long after like 30 seconds. 

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, mukey said:

Hi again Fraser, I'm on the new firmware now but when I go to ping heatmap I'm getting 'Cloud data has not been downloaded. Make sure you have an internet connection and click FORCE UPDATE.' I click force update then then it says it's taking too long after like 30 seconds. 

Click the menu on Ping Heatmap and click resync cloud from there and see if it works, if not do a reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then access and see if the feature works.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Click the menu on Ping Heatmap and click resync cloud from there and see if it works, if not do a reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then access and see if the feature works.

So it did the exact same when I clicked the dropdown menu and then resync cloud, just done a reboot from DumaOS and it's still doing the same, asking me to update cloud, then saying it's taking a while and then doing nothing but the spinning circle loading symbol. 

3 hours ago, mukey said:

So it did the exact same when I clicked the dropdown menu and then resync cloud, just done a reboot from DumaOS and it's still doing the same, asking me to update cloud, then saying it's taking a while and then doing nothing but the spinning circle loading symbol. 

@Netduma Fraser I've now tried the steps you said in Edge, Firefox and Chrome and all giving me the exact same results... won't sync the cloud. :(

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Can you grab a copy of the log file after reproducing this issue and send it over? It will usually make a log entry when the cloud resync takes place.

I've just woke up mate and gone to do what you said but the first time I click force update it's actually worked this time lol.