COD LOCATION PING ISSUE VPN

philo3391

Hi ,

Im based in europe. when i try to play on other servers EG. USA/RUSSIA/SOUTH AFRICA

it will either not find a game or have a very high and unplayable ping.

i set my geo location around the servers located in the country i try to play in and i use express VPN to connect to said country.

im wondering can anyone help with getting matches in foreign countrie and any tips and tricks they use to find 'playabe matches' as the VPN changes my location in game but the ping is still quite high.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately that's just a symptom of trying to play on really distant servers, you're ping will always be super high and the servers will be reluctant to put you in a game for this reason.

The intention of Geo-filter was to enable you to ensure you're always playing on local servers with great ping, as we know many games (CoD included) like to put you on servers that are nowhere close to you.

Thanks Liam.

as i am based in ireland the closest server for me is in the UK. should i add there as my geo filter and what do i set my distance too?

should my ping assist be at (zero) or a number say (15) or (20)

will i get a better connection if i VPN to the uk or dont use vpn at all?

i have seen lads put the location in the ocean and ping at what they require ?

strict mode is enabled . auto ping host is off and fast search is off.

sorry for all the questions ive been playing around for a few months now but i cant find the answers.

thanks again

• Administrators

I would say put it in the UK with a 600-1000km radius. Ping Assist is really up to you, I personally recommend leaving it at 0. You would have a better connection without a VPN most likely. 

Yes some people do put their location in the ocean and rely solely on Ping Assist and that does work. In some cases Ping Assist can get you games slightly above your limit.