Trying to connect to North American servers from Australia

Ishrak Imroze

I use a netgear nighthawk XR1000. I currently reside in Australia and I was wondering if the Geo Filter function in DumaOS is capable of being set up in a way that will help me connect to North American servers from Australia. 

Looking forward to some guidance on setting this up or providing info on if this can actually be done in the first place using the Geo filter function.

Welcome to the forum!

Geo-filter does let you force whichever server you want for the most part, however given that North America is a very long way from you, the CoD servers will likely see that your ping is so high and not put you in a game. Unfortunately, this isn't something that Geo-filter will have control over I'm afraid!

You can connect to North American servers, but you will play with a ping around 190-230ms.. You will have to check the routers pingheat map app for Warzone and only try to set the geo location where the ping is lower than 200ms, the maximum ping WZ search for a match is <200ms.

Hope it helps mate, I'm at Australia as well

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Ishrak Imroze said:

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah I don't mind that ping to be 200 to 250, I just wanted to know what the process is to relocate my server search to North America.

Does anyone know how to get this process setup step by step?

This is the process but as above it may not work.

1. Quit the game completely
  2. Move home location to US
  3. Strict mode on and Ping Assist set to 0
  4. Wait 2 minutes
  5. Boot up the game

The router isn't designed to help you play against less skilled players but to get you the best connections possible. 

That's exactly what the router does , it gives you the best connection available on that particular line, it won't improve the line as that's down to the isp and it's core functions aren't to play against noobs, but people are apparently doing that. 

I use the XR1000 and for me i'm just glad to have the router giving me a solid connection in tryhard sbmm lobbies.

I recently switched from BT FTTP to Vodafone gigafast FTTP, and Vodafones backhaul is so much better then BT with less hops and a lower ping time, add this with the benefits of running the XR1K, connection is so solid with minimal tampering. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/25/2021 at 12:19 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

This is the process but as above it may not work.

1. Quit the game completely
  2. Move home location to US
  3. Strict mode on and Ping Assist set to 0
  4. Wait 2 minutes
  5. Boot up the game

The router isn't designed to help you play against less skilled players but to get you the best connections possible. 

Thanks for that, my intention is to connect to middle ground servers that gives the most feasible ping for overseas friends I play with. NA servers are basically the best location because everyone connects with a ping below or around 200 which is playable. I am currently using Exitlag which offers greater flexibility but will retry again based on your steps and guideline. Cheers.