R2 hangs up

Guest Deng

Hello,

my R2 worked perfectly for some time now (weeks) then out of the blue hanged up today, no connection could be made and the interface was unavailable (first stuck on the page with rotating circle then completely stopped answering http requests).

I've had to completely unplug it which did not fix the issue completely (still some things did not work properly afterwards) but at least I was able to restart the router from the interface then.

After the restart it worked for 1-2 minutes then hanged up again.

After that I unplugged it again and restarted again and now it works.

Before the first reboot the RAM usage was very high.

I did not change the configuration for days now.

Please let me know how can I help you with tracking that issue down (maybe there are some logs that I can review or send to you or something).

a) 205, it was installed in the factory

b) none

c) I'll try, but so far everything is just fine, including memory allocation

• Administrators

Okay keep us posted if it happens again and whether you can get the log. If it does happen and you can't access I'd suggest you hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then access, go through the wizard and see if it is more stable

Will do a reset today.

Can I just get a "Factory reset" option from menu or do I have to press the reset button for 30 sec?

2 hours ago, Deng said:

Will do a reset today.

Can I just get a "Factory reset" option from menu or do I have to press the reset button for 30 sec?

The hardware reset is a little more thorough than the software reset, but realistically you can do either if it's inconvenient to hold the pin down.

Ok, will do a hardware reset then.

After the latest power-cycle Adblocker disabled itself and removed custom entries in the whitelist.

15 minutes ago, Deng said:

Ok, will do a hardware reset then.

After the latest power-cycle Adblocker disabled itself and removed custom entries in the whitelist.

That's bizarre, I'll see if we can re-create that, I haven't heard that before.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

that was some pain in the ass in the process with two hardware resets afterwards but eventually it finished with success.

We'll see in about 3-4 weeks if it helps.

Unfortunately it did not help for long, crashed today and had to be power-cycled.

I'm almost sure it has something to do with iPhone using wifi.

• Administrators

It's quite hard to troubleshoot this particular issue without the logs. Could you enable remote support in WAN Settings and make sure the R2 is setup for an open NAT and reply back here from the R2 when you've done that please? I think it may be worth seeing if the devs can take a look/enable more logging and see what the issue may be

• Netduma Staff

Hi @Deng, first of all, many thanks for your patience with this issue.

I've had a look at the logs in the unit and everything looks normal for now, is the unit working as expected or are you experiencing any issue now?

If the unit is working fine now, next time the issue happens, could you come to the forum and let us know before doing a power cycle? We'll like to catch the logs of when the issue happens.

Also, about the issue, when the unit hangs up, are you still able of getting internet? Is it just the web interface of DumaOS what stops working, or are your devices losing internet connection?

Finally, one extra question. Are you, by any chance, using Hybrid VPN?

Hello @Netduma Adrian,

It is working fine (until it hangs up, now it's ok, takes a few days to hang it up, weeks sometimes).

I will try to do it, sometimes I will need to power-cycle it fast because we need to work :)

When the unit hangs up I lose all internet connection, no matter if wired or wireless and I cannot reach the router, I'll try to ping it next time to see if that works.

I am not using Hybrid VPN so far, using Adblock (but not for the iPhone, wife doesn't like it) and Geofilter.