R2 hangs up

Guest Deng

Unfortunately I've had to disable remote support because logs were spammed every second with:

Thu Sep 23 07:08:49 2021 authpriv.warn dropbear[20369]: Bad password attempt for 'root' from 47.94.46.179:45172

and there's no firewall to cut them off the router.

Ok, so we could hang up the router twice in a row by sending and arranging photos in Google Photos on iPhone.

Unfortunately my wife disabled wifi for a moment after the second restart and we cannot reproduce it the third time.

It also hanged up when using Google Photos on iPhone one time a few weeks ago she says.

4 hours ago, Deng said:

Just mentioning - after those restarts adblocker lost its configuration again (whitelists, was disabled completely etc.).

That's bizarre, you didn't have to run through the initial setup again after this did you? Were your whitelists removed or just disabled?

No, it's just adblocker acting up.

I've had to set it up again - enable it, make a whitelist again (I was prepared this time) and disable for some devices.

It did the same like a month ago after one of the powercycles.

All the other functions are ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I could crash the router a few times in a row.

My wife enabled wifi, Google Photos on the iPhone started to backup the photos and videos, everytime it started to send the backup it hanged up the whole router in the matter of seconds.

I wanted to grab the exact moment in the logs and I did. But unfortunately no logs were written/displayed, it just shows as hanged up - CPU usage lines freeze and everything becomes unresponsive.

I repeated the process a few times even recording the moment on the video, I don't think it will be much helpful but if you want me to share it then PM me.

Best regards

Today at night it died again. This time reboot fixes only the connections but the web interface is unavailable, will try to reset it to the factory settings later.

Hey Liam, I cannot easily reproduce it. Sometimes it hangs up the router every time you try to backup photos but most of the time it works just fine.

My guess is that when you try to backup lots of photos there's something wrong. Will see when the next problem arises.

Regards

3 minutes ago, Deng said:

Hey Liam, I cannot easily reproduce it. Sometimes it hangs up the router every time you try to backup photos but most of the time it works just fine.

My guess is that when you try to backup lots of photos there's something wrong. Will see when the next problem arises.

Regards

OK sounds great, thank you!