Heatmap - Where are the UK servers for COD ? and why so many failures

Piplowe

We need to update some of our Ping Heatmap data, I've requested an update already this morning so hopefully we can get that done today! Your router will automatically pull the latest cloud update so there shouldn't be any action required by you guys.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused, CoD servers specifically seem to change a lot so they require frequent updates.

Hi Guys.

I have a few questions that I think a few people need some light shed on.

My first image is the current Ping Heatmap for Europe for Warzone. As I have mentioned before, there are never any servers located in the UK. That was explained by saying that the French server was actually in the UK. If that is the case, will we ever see this located correctly? If not, what is the point of having a Geofilter?, because I run a tight polygon on the south coast of England to isolate a specific bunch of servers that I found when I got the R2.  

The second and third image shows a Peer icon on the south coast, which is ALL I connect to at the moment. I might only be speaking for myself here, but If we are going to have specific icons for peers and servers, then I would really like them to be accurate. 

These little things would make the whole experience of using the DumaOS so much more user friendly. It just helps the user have that confidence that their settings are doing what is expected of them...

Ping Assist.jpg

Geo Filter.jpg

Geo Filter 1.jpg

• Administrators

Yes they will be, we're working on backend tools at the moment to help us make it more accurate and more quickly so I suspect it won't be as much of a problem in the future. Possible that UK one could also be one of the servers that failed to ping

3 hours ago, Satan1976 said:

Hi Guys.

I have a few questions that I think a few people need some light shed on.

My first image is the current Ping Heatmap for Europe for Warzone. As I have mentioned before, there are never any servers located in the UK. That was explained by saying that the French server was actually in the UK. If that is the case, will we ever see this located correctly? If not, what is the point of having a Geofilter?, because I run a tight polygon on the south coast of England to isolate a specific bunch of servers that I found when I got the R2.  

The second and third image shows a Peer icon on the south coast, which is ALL I connect to at the moment. I might only be speaking for myself here, but If we are going to have specific icons for peers and servers, then I would really like them to be accurate. 

These little things would make the whole experience of using the DumaOS so much more user friendly. It just helps the user have that confidence that their settings are doing what is expected of them...

Ping Assist.jpg

Geo Filter.jpg

Geo Filter 1.jpg

I believe the dedicated server for COD was moved from UK to France/Netherlands a few years back. We only get P2P now

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, SJ 1294 said:

I believe the dedicated server for COD was moved from UK to France/Netherlands a few years back. We only get P2P now

I doubt that's the case, they wouldn't go from servers to P2P when the difference in connection quality could be substantial. I suspect they're just appearing as misclassifed on the Geo-Filter Map

On 6/10/2021 at 11:26 PM, Piplowe said:

The server in the US is ec2-44-225-13-2.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com  (this disappeared when I left party chat). Maybe that's a feature that I didn't see when I had the XR300.
Strange that PS5 party chat would be using and AWS US-West2 Availability Zone when everyone in the chat was based in the UK.  

There is a feature to use a server for chat party. can be found in voice chat settings maybe this is why you get a server showing.

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes they will be, we're working on backend tools at the moment to help us make it more accurate and more quickly so I suspect it won't be as much of a problem in the future. Possible that UK one could also be one of the servers that failed to ping

So is it actually possible to get a 100% working/accurate Geo-filter option on the router, given that there are so many mis located servers the whole time. Because theoretically all we can really rely on is the Ping Assist. 

I don't want to connect to random Peers. I want to join Dedicated servers only. And from what I see recently, all I am connecting to is peers.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Satan1976 said:

So is it actually possible to get a 100% working/accurate Geo-filter option on the router, given that there are so many mis located servers the whole time. Because theoretically all we can really rely on is the Ping Assist. 

I don't want to connect to random Peers. I want to join Dedicated servers only. And from what I see recently, all I am connecting to is peers.

Yes it is, we're creating backend tools to make it more accurate and update quicker. They won't be peers, they will be servers misclassified as peers, it will not affect your connection, it is purely aesthetic

On 6/20/2021 at 12:26 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes it is, we're creating backend tools to make it more accurate and update quicker. They won't be peers, they will be servers misclassified as peers, it will not affect your connection, it is purely aesthetic

Any idea when these will be implemented? And in the meantime, could we at least have the UK dedicated servers located correctly on the Ping Heatmap and Geo? 
Thanks ;) 

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Satan1976 said:

Any idea when these will be implemented? And in the meantime, could we at least have the UK dedicated servers located correctly on the Ping Heatmap and Geo? 
Thanks ;)

They're being tested/used at the moment. We did a location update very recently, resync the cloud and see if they appear in the correct location

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They're being tested/used at the moment. We did a location update very recently, resync the cloud and see if they appear in the correct location

Great, they seem to be located correctly now. Its still only ever showing peers when joining games though.

Peer1.jpg

• 2 years later...