is there a reason for why i can find consistent games on geofilter untill i start streaming?@

ownal0t

so when im not on twitch,  i can find  games near back to back.  but the moment i start to stream my games,  it keep failing to find lobbies and what not,  and sometimes even gives me a error to crash my game on pc. 

is this a known thing?

• Administrators

I haven't heard of this happening no - I suspect that it's because when streaming port 1935 is used, which is also what is used in the service for the Geo-Filter, could you experiment with the Geo-Filter off when streaming and see if it works properly? Also when streaming and the Geo-Filter is on, do you see anything blocked on the map? If so, enable this and it may resolve the issue.

• Administrators

No I don't think forwarding the port will help. When the Geo-Filter is enabled and you see something blocked while streaming and searching, add it to the Geo-Filter allow list and see if you get a game.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i streamed last night abd i kept getting failed to join game/party error 3. if I turn of  the geo filter i get games fine.  if i stop streaming i get games on geo just fine.

but geo on and stream on  makes the game try to make me join other lobbies.    i have my pc dmz'd as well so what are my options here

Can you verify that you have your pc in DMZ?

if so I would personally turn that off so your pc is protected fully from the routers firewall. You can get away with a games console in DMZ but a pc you then hope the software is keeping you safe and it’s a very risky move. 

Have you tried port forwarding?

11 hours ago, ownal0t said:

ok so i streamed last night abd i kept getting failed to join game/party error 3. if I turn of  the geo filter i get games fine.  if i stop streaming i get games on geo just fine.

but geo on and stream on  makes the game try to make me join other lobbies.    i have my pc dmz'd as well so what are my options here

Did you allow anything in Geo-filter? With Geo-filter enabled and while streaming, try to join a game and watch the Geo-filter map, when something pops up as blocked, click it and manually allow it. Repeat this process until nothing else is showing up as blocked. What software are you using for streaming?

On 4/22/2021 at 3:25 AM, Newfie said:

Can you verify that you have your pc in DMZ?

if so I would personally turn that off so your pc is protected fully from the routers firewall. You can get away with a games console in DMZ but a pc you then hope the software is keeping you safe and it’s a very risky move. 

Have you tried port forwarding?

just saw that this was posted too.  and yes cause after i added the dmz, my nat opened up.  i was port forwarding all the time till like last week

On 4/21/2021 at 5:01 PM, ownal0t said:

i had this join game/party error 3 last night it was very inconsistent as to when it would pop up i was playing on my ps4 and sometimes it would pop 3-4 times and then it would matchmake no problem for a few mathces and then repeat it was kinda annoying but when i did get matches it felt very stable 

18 hours ago, Razgr1z said:

i had this join game/party error 3 last night it was very inconsistent as to when it would pop up i was playing on my ps4 and sometimes it would pop 3-4 times and then it would matchmake no problem for a few mathces and then repeat it was kinda annoying but when i did get matches it felt very stable 

Are you seeing anything in Geo-filter that shows as blocked when you're searching for a game? It could be that you also need to allow and authentication server somewhere.

the problem is still occuring.  off stream i can find games fine.  onstream its alot harder  till i turn off geofilter.

when i do find games, it works fine till the lobby crashes. then we back at the 10-20 min waiting game

• Administrators

With the Geo-Filter off, where does it place you? Does it put you where your radius would be? Is there anything allowed/shown which isn't the game server? (The game server will be the biggest icon on the map)