Bufferbloat Test

II N3MES1S II

On 15/06/2021 at 19:57, Fuzy said:

Juste pour comparer en heure de saturation avant le match !

image.pouce.png.54341ffa8af9a5a3219a9aec9965b1bd.png

image.pouce.png.50e14504dc60185735177d152e174845.png

L'ABB de R2 fait le boulot !

Ah comparé au xr500 c'est le jour et la nuit 

It's not necessarily an issue persee.

I just installed a 10Gbit managed switch and that thing has a 3MB packet buffer and various priority ques lol. I get some more bufferbloat. However I run DiffServ over the switch with only CoD as highest priority and ping does not move at all in game even if I try to congest the line.

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

It's not necessarily an issue persee.

It is when I try to stream and the jitter that causes makes PingPlotter look horrible and brings up the symbols on CoD.

Fraser in my first of many shots i highlighted some ms can you let me know if that would be my default with out my R2 please im trying to figure if there is a line problem or i need to order a new line filter.

Sorry to be a pain.

Many thanks.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, ONEovFOUR said:

Fraser in my first of many shots i highlighted some ms can you let me know if that would be my default with out my R2 please im trying to figure if there is a line problem or i need to order a new line filter.

Sorry to be a pain.

Many thanks.

I haven't used the site too much but seems to indicate you had just one reading at that value, so could indicate you had one big spike to that value, unsure if it could be a line issue or not

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
8 hours ago, SM961 said:

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=b2d50605-3541-4d39-93b5-61a31d29714b

For some odd reason my XR450 was always getting F score I put back my R1 and now I'm getting A+.

Are you using the same settings on both? What firmware versions are each on?

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using the same settings on both? What firmware versions are each on?

Yes, same settings on both. My R1 has 1.03.6i firmware and my XR450 has firmware Version 2.3.2.56. The latest XR450 firmware is giving me some other problems on the Host filtering pointing to the wrong server if i'm not mistaking.

• Administrators

The R1 on that firmware gives you different options for algorithms on QoS so they won't be using the same exactly - i suspect one of the QoS algorithms on the R1 works better for you. Could you expand on the 450 Geo issue you're having?

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The R1 on that firmware gives you different options for algorithms on QoS so they won't be using the same exactly - i suspect one of the QoS algorithms on the R1 works better for you. Could you expand on the 450 Geo issue you're having?

I'm in the states and I think the Geo puts me somewhere in the UK.

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you got Ping Assist set to 0? Shouldn't be allowing anything outside your radius

Yes. I'm waiting for the latest XR450 update maybe it will fix it for now I'm okay with R1. R1's CC is working as it should be but not with the XR 450.

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, SM961 said:

Yes. I'm waiting for the latest XR450 update maybe it will fix it for now I'm okay with R1. R1's CC is working as it should be but not with the XR 450.

Have you tried the beta for the 450?

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you tried the beta for the 450?

No, I have not. I have seen the link somewhere but I want to wait for the final release.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, SM961 said:

No, I have not. I have seen the link somewhere but I want to wait for the final release.

The latest beta is quite stable in my opinion, I would try it if the experience you're having is annoying enough - there is no date for the stable release so you may be waiting a little while.