Anyone struggling to find a game?

Lewisprotips

Solo BR at night still takes some time to find a game with the Geo-Filter on. 5-10 minutes yesterday, today first game under 5 minutes, second game + 10 minutes so I gave up. 10pm Eastern time. 

11 hours ago, noz79 said:

Solo BR at night still takes some time to find a game with the Geo-Filter on. 5-10 minutes yesterday, today first game under 5 minutes, second game + 10 minutes so I gave up. 10pm Eastern time. 

Thanks for the update, presumably your Geo-filter settings are still mostly the same? We pushed a cloud update yesterday, did you notice any improvements with this?

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for the update, presumably your Geo-filter settings are still mostly the same? We pushed a cloud update yesterday, did you notice any improvements with this?

Yes the setting are pretty much the same. The game always is trying to push for a server in Illinois and not anywhere in the geofilter. Il try again tonight and Ill keep you posted

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, tgipe said:

Yes, in apex I keep getting connected to servers outside the geo filter in Apex Legends. And I'm just have general connection issues.

It's something we will need to do, I'd recommend disabling the Geo-Filter and selecting the server on the game for the moment.

Both a friend and I are both having issues with the time it takes to get into a game also, we live in different locations, trying to connect to the same servers on warzone, both have to wait anywhere from 3-10 minutes just to find a game, sometimes it will even reset ping and start from a low ping again in pregame lobby. we both each have over 8 servers polygoned, It seems it goes for the server with the lowest ping and gets infaturated with it where it does not try to connect to any other servers it looks like from the geo-filter page. (even though several other places are polygoned the server pops up in the same spot every time it tries to connect, and it's not the main authentication server.

Is there something that we can do to improve the wait time? Maybe turn on fast search?

11 hours ago, Wayne said:

Both a friend and I are both having issues with the time it takes to get into a game also, we live in different locations, trying to connect to the same servers on warzone, both have to wait anywhere from 3-10 minutes just to find a game, sometimes it will even reset ping and start from a low ping again in pregame lobby. we both each have over 8 servers polygoned, It seems it goes for the server with the lowest ping and gets infaturated with it where it does not try to connect to any other servers it looks like from the geo-filter page. (even though several other places are polygoned the server pops up in the same spot every time it tries to connect, and it's not the main authentication server.

Is there something that we can do to improve the wait time? Maybe turn on fast search?

If it identifies that server as the best connection it will always connect to it, you could try manually denying it and see what server it puts you on then?

Are you searching for servers within your home country/in the surrounding countries or are you searching in a geographically distant region to you?

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

If it identifies that server as the best connection it will always connect to it, you could try manually denying it and see what server it puts you on then?

Are you searching for servers within your home country/in the surrounding countries or are you searching in a geographically distant region to you?

I live in RI (Rhode Island, NY Area) and I am searching Texas, Cali, Denver, All of EU & Brazil. I know that there are NJ and Chicago servers but my friends that I play on a daily bases are spread out so these are the servers that work best for all of us, trys to connect to texas first, end up in cali majority of the time so it's not too far off but it's not exactly on top of the closest servers either. Same country

I would'nt mind connecting to texas so I don't want to deny it, It makes sense that it would try to connect to the lowest ping first but it doesnt seem look like it is looking elsewhere which im sure it is!

Another thing which I know you guys are working on is the cluster on kansas line that has so many different locations in it, I would love to use some of those locations in the cluster however it always put's my in NJ/NY, I tried to deny them but there are legit over 15 NY/NJ it tried to connect me to so I gave up with that

Apprecaite the reply @Netduma Liamand I love the product! It's absolutely amazing and I know it's a work in progress!

@Wayne

OK thanks for that.

Perhaps try temporarily denying the Cali server and see where it favours next?

We are pushing an update tomorrow I believe which should in theory provide more accurate locations for clustered servers, we'll be using a new tool we've developed that should hopefully provide more accurate geo-locations.

12 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

@Wayne

OK thanks for that.

Perhaps try temporarily denying the Cali server and see where it favours next?

We are pushing an update tomorrow I believe which should in theory provide more accurate locations for clustered servers, we'll be using a new tool we've developed that should hopefully provide more accurate geo-locations.

I've done tons and tons of testing! It goes Texas > Cali > Brazil

Also I found servers in the cluster where when I traced the IP (different websites to confirm) I found one server in Portland, Oregon and one in Utah which neither show up on the Ping map and or the geo filter page at all

18 hours ago, Wayne said:

I've done tons and tons of testing! It goes Texas > Cali > Brazil

Also I found servers in the cluster where when I traced the IP (different websites to confirm) I found one server in Portland, Oregon and one in Utah which neither show up on the Ping map and or the geo filter page at all

Thanks for that!

Again, that's probably down to how DumaOS has located those servers. Hopefully todays update will help with that.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for that!

Again, that's probably down to how DumaOS has located those servers. Hopefully todays update will help with that.

When is that ? do we need to do anything ?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Lolitahell said:

When is that ? do we need to do anything ?

Sometime before the end of day, you don't need to do anything as it will update the router automatically but you can resync the cloud from Ping Heatmap/Geo-Filter option menus to get it sooner but do it later on

On 3/16/2021 at 11:50 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Sometime before the end of day, you don't need to do anything as it will update the router automatically but you can resync the cloud from Ping Heatmap/Geo-Filter option menus to get it sooner but do it later on

I was just curious if you guys ever updated the cloud? Only asking because I still see the cluster on the kansas border however when I ping the heatmap there are only one failed server and 39 successful, would it be possible to get a list of all the servers ID's and IP's so I don't have to go manually make a list of the ones I can find?

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Wayne said:

I was just curious if you guys ever updated the cloud? Only asking because I still see the cluster on the kansas border however when I ping the heatmap there are only one failed server and 39 successful, would it be possible to get a list of all the servers ID's and IP's so I don't have to go manually make a list of the ones I can find?

I believe we did yes, new cloud system we're using so may take a few tries to get it working optimally. Unfortunately not, also if you're making a list you have to click on add when you ping them otherwise you won't be able to ping them with heatmap.

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I believe we did yes, new cloud system we're using so may take a few tries to get it working optimally. Unfortunately not, also if you're making a list you have to click on add when you ping them otherwise you won't be able to ping them with heatmap.

thank you for that information, just to clarify - any server I add under geolocation will get recognized on the ping map next time I ping it?

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Wayne said:

thank you for that information, just to clarify - any server I add under geolocation will get recognized on the ping map next time I ping it?

So for example, you ping Warzone and there is a very low ping server you would like to add to your list of perfect servers. Don't copy the IP and then make a new Ping Heatmap list with it, click on the server itself and click the add to list button otherwise your list won't ping.

Adding servers to the allow/deny lists on the Geo-Filter will not impact Ping Heatmap