Anyone struggling to find a game?

Lewisprotips

On 2/25/2021 at 7:57 PM, Lolitahell said:

I am with geo filtering, can't connect to a server, or it may takes +10mins....  Theres something new about the game i guess

What are you Geo-Filter settings? Where did you put your radius? It will be easier to recreate the issue if I know exactly where you're trying to filter.

2 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

What are you Geo-Filter settings? Where did you put your radius? It will be easier to recreate the issue if I know exactly where you're trying to filter.

I can't take screen right now,

I am on pc, device is set as playstation.

Ping assist set 0.  I use only one polygon when i wanna be selective.

Cant get into new jerseys(which is my best pingserver) , miami, texas, . Sometimes it works but it is so long. Before updates, it took like 1-3min , now just 5+  no matter what time of the day.

It has to be something with the new patchs from game. Thank you for the help btw im not the only one  having those connection issue forcing server loll.

On 3/2/2021 at 3:05 PM, Lolitahell said:

It has to be something with the new patchs from game. Thank you for the help btw im not the only one  having those connection issue forcing server loll.

It could be that they changed the server locations, or it could be that updated server details caused Geo-Filter to mislocate them, meaning they are no longer inside your radius.

Another possibility is that there are new authentication servers which must be whitelisted in order to connect to a game. If that's the case, we can whitelist them in the Geo-Filter cloud so that the problem is fixed for all users.

Either way, I'll investigate. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

It could be that they changed the server locations, or it could be that updated server details caused Geo-Filter to mislocate them, meaning they are no longer inside your radius.

Another possibility is that there are new authentication servers which must be whitelisted in order to connect to a game. If that's the case, we can whitelist them in the Geo-Filter cloud so that the problem is fixed for all users.

Either way, I'll investigate. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Hey Alex I am glad you answered.

I have noticed something and you enlighten me in what you  said that i forgot to tell :  i noticed that when i was forcing a server (before) the authentication server was always overseas : uk,france,espagna, w/e, now it seems to be always in North america, dunno if it can help just wanted to point this out

Thank you

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Lolitahell said:

Hey Alex I am glad you answered.

I have noticed something and you enlighten me in what you  said that i forgot to tell :  i noticed that when i was forcing a server (before) the authentication server was always overseas : uk,france,espagna, w/e, now it seems to be always in North america, dunno if it can help just wanted to point this out

Thank you

Sometimes they move it, so it appears to have moved there but is still whitelisted so I don't think that will change anything but thanks!

On 2/26/2021 at 6:52 AM, JDS10 said:

Same can't find any game with Geo-Filter on, outside of the UK since Warzone Update. 

If Geo-Filter is disabled, gets into a game just fine. 

I haven't been able to use the geo-filter since the Warzone season 2 update but I turn it off and change my location on the hybrid VPN and I find a game very fast. It seems like Activision is trying to counteract methods to get around SBMM. 

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, mitchellc756 said:

I haven't been able to use the geo-filter since the Warzone season 2 update but I turn it off and change my location on the hybrid VPN and I find a game very fast. It seems like Activision is trying to counteract methods to get around SBMM. 

We're investigating this at the moment - the SBMM would be more efficient using a VPN I would think than the Geo-Filter.

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Antisocial117 said:

Why would vpn be better for that then the geo filter?

Trying to force a server very far away for example can cause long search times, using a VPN makes the server think you live near which speeds up the time at the expense of high ping

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Trying to force a server very far away for example can cause long search times, using a VPN makes the server think you live near which speeds up the time at the expense of high ping

I can see how that would be beneficial. How do I set up the hybrid vpn for call of duty? 

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is call of duty considered game console for the service I wouldn’t want to vpn?

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Antisocial117 said:

I can see how that would be beneficial. How do I set up the hybrid vpn for call of duty? 

15 hours ago, Antisocial117 said:

Is call of duty considered game console for the service I wouldn’t want to vpn?

You need to have a VPN Subscription first of all that supports OpenVPN. Your device should have a game console device type in the Device Manager such as PlayStation, then when you add it to the VPN it will appear greyed out which means it will apply to the entire device.

11 hours ago, noz79 said:

Tonight, the only server I could join happens to be in Illinois and Im in Florida. 

What were your Geo-Filter settings at the time?

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You need to have a VPN Subscription first of all that supports OpenVPN. Your device should have a game console device type in the Device Manager such as PlayStation, then when you add it to the VPN it will appear greyed out which means it will apply to the entire device.

What were your Geo-Filter settings at the time?

Will I still be able to spectate what servers I am connecting to if I use hybrid vpn, because when I use the nord app on windows I can’t  see what servers I am connecting too. 

I had the filter on 650 miles and the Illinois server was not in the Geo-filter so I ended up turning it off to get a game full of lag, bluescreened on PS4, and kicked a few times. Normally I just deal with lag where people look almost like a ghost and like they're skipping frames but very quickly. 

Does the time that we play affect what servers are available? I usually play late between 9pm and 2am EST -5:00 cause the servers in Miami are available if I get a chance to play in the morning. At night good luck

This is what I can expect with the Geofilter working. I just did this in the morning. Last night, I looked like a noob, lost just about every fight while it wasn't working. The game even feels different and watching kill cams look completely different from what I see on my side. I was playing Cold War the other day and someone was climbing a ladder and Im expecting him to come up, I see his head and start firing only to die. I watch the kill cam and on their end they were already up and able to fire. 

https://youtu.be/_IfmtWM6WLM

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Antisocial117 said:

Will I still be able to spectate what servers I am connecting to if I use hybrid vpn, because when I use the nord app on windows I can’t  see what servers I am connecting too. 

Yes you should be able to.

1 hour ago, noz79 said:

I had the filter on 650 miles and the Illinois server was not in the Geo-filter so I ended up turning it off to get a game full of lag, bluescreened on PS4, and kicked a few times. Normally I just deal with lag where people look almost like a ghost and like they're skipping frames but very quickly. 

Does the time that we play affect what servers are available? I usually play late between 9pm and 2am EST -5:00 cause the servers in Miami are available if I get a chance to play in the morning. At night good luck

Do you see any servers appear on the map at all when you play? Do you have the Geo-Filter applied prior to booting up the game/blizzard? Yes it can affect that, they bring some online or take others offline depending on server load/population.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes you should be able to.

Do you see any servers appear on the map at all when you play? Do you have the Geo-Filter applied prior to booting up the game/blizzard? Yes it can affect that, they bring some online or take others offline depending on server load/population.

There's about 12 servers I have allowed in Georgia and FL. It would show them briefly but never get me into a game. 

I read posts on here to try things that have helped others. So yea I'll adjust settings, wait a few minutes, and restart the game.

I think I may be on to something here but too soon to be getting happy about it. I was reading other posts about this same issue and you @Netduma Fraser posted this to someone on Geofilter Issues? - Call of Duty Support - Netduma Forum. You told him to do this 

Please do the following:

1. Quit Warzone/Blizzard completely - including from the System tray
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. In Device Manager give the PC a PlayStation device type and apply
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option
  5. In Geo-Filter Map options untick fast search
  6. Resync the cloud
  7. Set up your radius how you like - keep Ping Assist on 0
  8. Wait 2 minutes
  9. Boot up the game

See if it works better then but the Spanish server is notoriously hard to get into. 

So I gave it a try and everything was working great. I stopped playing powered down then I was back on like about two hours later. I cant find a server again in the Geofilter. So, I did the steps again and within like 30 seconds found a game. Then the next game was again great and so that continued while I was playing Plunder Quads. When I switched over to Warzone BR solos, the ping started at <99ms and finding a game was taking awhile as it was trying to find one beyond the Geofilter so I reset everything again and found a game within the geofilter and at a reasonable ping. 36ms. I dont mind doing this as long as it continues to work. I'll try it at different times of the day to see if its at least consistent.  

Resurgence continues to work great doing the method above. Battle Royale, on the other hand, is harder to find a match. Im on right now at 10:27pm and was only able to find one match so far in BR for about the last 45 minutes. In other words after that match, which I was able to play quickly, I couldnt find another game. Itll try to connect me to Illinois or into a server by myself in Miami, FL then try again only for it to be somewhere outside the filter. 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, noz79 said:

Resurgence continues to work great doing the method above. Battle Royale, on the other hand, is harder to find a match. Im on right now at 10:27pm and was only able to find one match so far in BR for about the last 45 minutes. In other words after that match, which I was able to play quickly, I couldnt find another game. Itll try to connect me to Illinois or into a server by myself in Miami, FL then try again only for it to be somewhere outside the filter. 

Thanks for the update, we will take a look. We've also got new cloud tools now that will improve the way we're able to update the cloud and increase the accuracy so that should work as well.

On 3/6/2021 at 9:15 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the update, we will take a look. We've also got new cloud tools now that will improve the way we're able to update the cloud and increase the accuracy so that should work as well.

I only tryed one location today after 1pm est time, as you asked, it was working fine to me today!