Question about using Geo-Filter in another region

bossman

Where are you based and what time are you suffering low speed times?

I'm experiencing similar issues but I know it's ISP related and nothing to do with the Netduma. Basically I've even moved ISPs and the same fault has followed (from Vodafone to BT) which is low download speeds between approx 6:30pm - 11:30pm. I pretty much avoid playing between these times now until it is resolved by BT Openreach, however I believe that it is due to either throttling, congestion or oversubscribed at the exchange (which they will obviously never admit to).

With regards to Connection Benchmark in DumaOS, I have followed Frasers advice testing QoS Congestion Control settings to reach similar ping times in ping test and ping under load. This gives me a relatively stable connection during the times that I do play, and also proves to me that it is an ISP issue not Netduma. 

On 1/9/2021 at 2:12 AM, bossman said:

Right, ok. That explains why I couldn't connect to South Africa/Saudi servers. If I wanted to find lobbies w/ best ping, would I filter w/ location in ocean, strict mode off and ping assist to around 30?

for what your trying to do you want to find servers with the worst ping so it makes you almost impossible to kill, you look like your glitching around the map. use the geo filter to locate servers when you first load into the game so you can see where they are at in other countries then set your home pin on the server then make your circle as small as possible think its 64 miles / 103km set ping assist to zero then jump into a game. wait forever cause it will take long to load 20 min to 30 at times but it will eventually load. And now you just did what nickmercs has been crying about the last couple days LOL

On 1/16/2021 at 1:09 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

for what your trying to do you want to find servers with the worst ping so it makes you almost impossible to kill, you look like your glitching around the map. use the geo filter to locate servers when you first load into the game so you can see where they are at in other countries then set your home pin on the server then make your circle as small as possible think its 64 miles / 103km set ping assist to zero then jump into a game. wait forever cause it will take long to load 20 min to 30 at times but it will eventually load. And now you just did what nickmercs has been crying about the last couple days LOL

does that actually work?

On 1/15/2021 at 2:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If you disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control 3 line option menu, do speeds stay more consistent?

Better, but still not performing very well. Ethernet connection is ok but WiFi has crapped out on me a couple more times. Recently I had three devices streaming video at 720p when WiFi went out. This has never happened before on my ISP's WiFi. To restore the WiFi connections I need to reboot the router each time. Since ethernet connections work fine, I may enabled ISP's WiFi and use the R1 for ethernet only.

10 hours ago, bossman said:

Better, but still not performing very well. Ethernet connection is ok but WiFi has crapped out on me a couple more times. Recently I had three devices streaming video at 720p when WiFi went out. This has never happened before on my ISP's WiFi. To restore the WiFi connections I need to reboot the router each time. Since ethernet connections work fine, I may enabled ISP's WiFi and use the R1 for ethernet only.

I've had similar issues of other devices stopping working like my TV when streaming or mobile phone. Since getting the router.

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Lewisprotips said:

I've had similar issues of other devices stopping working like my TV when streaming or mobile phone. Since getting the router.

Please make a new topic describing the issues and steps you've tried so far and we can help.

On 1/22/2021 at 8:51 AM, Netduma Liam said:

What channel widths are you using for the two Wi-Fi channels?

Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly but I'm still only using the R1 for WiFi. My ISP's modem/router is still in bridge/modem mode. R1 router WiFi is on channel 7.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, bossman said:

Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly but I'm still only using the R1 for WiFi. My ISP's modem/router is still in bridge/modem mode. R1 router WiFi is on channel 7.

I believe Liam thought you were using the R2 where those options are available. Setup the Guest WiFi and connect devices to it and see if it's more stable please.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 3:56 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I believe Liam thought you were using the R2 where those options are available. Setup the Guest WiFi and connect devices to it and see if it's more stable please.

I can't be bothered to mess with it. It's ethernet connection/speed that's poor as well. I don't think my geofilter is working either. I'm just going to downgrade back to stable os.

1 hour ago, bossman said:

I can't be bothered to mess with it. It's ethernet connection/speed that's poor as well. I don't think my geofilter is working either. I'm just going to downgrade back to stable os.

What game Cold War or warzone?

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay sorry to hear that, we're happy to keep helping you but if the original firmware works best for you then no worries, hopefully we'll have a new version out soon.

All good, thanks. I'd like to help find a fix but I just don't have time to mess with it. The original firmware seems to be working great.