Question about using Geo-Filter in another region

bossman

I'm located in Canada and have a question about putting my geo-filter location in say, Iraq. If I had filtering on, but strict mode off and ping assist to zero, would I connect to servers around Iraq since game would load me into an Iraq/Saudi server or revert back to US?

• Administrators

There are no servers in Irag, I think there may only be one server in Saudi. To force you'd need strict on as well as Ping Assist at 0. If you managed to get a server that far away which I doubt you would then the ping would be very high and it wouldn't be a good game experience.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There are no servers in Irag, I think there may only be one server in Saudi. To force you'd need strict on as well as Ping Assist at 0. If you managed to get a server that far away which I doubt you would then the ping would be very high and it wouldn't be a good game experience.

Right, ok. That explains why I couldn't connect to South Africa/Saudi servers. If I wanted to find lobbies w/ best ping, would I filter w/ location in ocean, strict mode off and ping assist to around 30?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, bossman said:

Right, ok. That explains why I couldn't connect to South Africa/Saudi servers. If I wanted to find lobbies w/ best ping, would I filter w/ location in ocean, strict mode off and ping assist to around 30?

Some people do choose to do that yes so definitely try that out. Depending on what firmware version you're on you could use Ping Heatmap to find the lowest pinged servers regardless of where they appear on the map and then set your Geo-Filter accordingly.

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Some people do choose to do that yes so definitely try that out. Depending on what firmware version you're on you could use Ping Heatmap to find the lowest pinged servers regardless of where they appear on the map and then set your Geo-Filter accordingly.

unfortunately I don't have the ping heatmap feature, waiting on update

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, bossman said:

Oh, that's very awesome of you! Am I good to upgrade to 3.0.171 straight from 2.1.3.29?

Yes you're absolutely safe to do so, would recommend doing a factory reset after you have upgraded as there are a lot of changes.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes you're absolutely safe to do so, would recommend doing a factory reset after you have upgraded as there are a lot of changes.

Done 🙌

I have an issue tho. It says filtering mode is not supported for the game. I've setup my device again, which is a PC, and I chose Call of Duty (PC Only). Do I need to just choose "Call of Duty" instead of "Call of Duty (PC Only)" as the game?

• Administrators
12 hours ago, bossman said:

Done 🙌

I have an issue tho. It says filtering mode is not supported for the game. I've setup my device again, which is a PC, and I chose Call of Duty (PC Only). Do I need to just choose "Call of Duty" instead of "Call of Duty (PC Only)" as the game?

Remove that from the Geo-Filter then in the Device Manager give the PC a PlayStation device type, then re-add it to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option, you will then be able to filter the game on the PC.

On 1/11/2021 at 7:50 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Remove that from the Geo-Filter then in the Device Manager give the PC a PlayStation device type, then re-add it to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option, you will then be able to filter the game on the PC.

Hi

Since upgrading to 3 my nat type on the game is still moderate even tho I added the ports again. I was also disconnected from mw servers just now, not sure if that's on their end or not.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, bossman said:

Hi

Since upgrading to 3 my nat type on the game is still moderate even tho I added the ports again. I was also disconnected from mw servers just now, not sure if that's on their end or not.

What's your exact physical setup? How have you setup your modem/router to get an Open NAT through the router? If it happens again quickly look at the Geo-Filter and see if there is anything that appears blocked.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What's your exact physical setup? How have you setup your modem/router to get an Open NAT through the router? If it happens again quickly look at the Geo-Filter and see if there is anything that appears blocked.

ISP modem/router is in bridge/modem only mode. PC and WiFi devices are connected to the R1. I have UPNP enabled and have added the Warzone ports in DumaOS. I'm not using Geo-Filter currently and have removed the device. It appears MW/WZ servers are having issues. NAT is still moderate, not a big deal I suppose.

13 hours ago, bossman said:

ISP modem/router is in bridge/modem only mode. PC and WiFi devices are connected to the R1. I have UPNP enabled and have added the Warzone ports in DumaOS. I'm not using Geo-Filter currently and have removed the device. It appears MW/WZ servers are having issues. NAT is still moderate, not a big deal I suppose.

That's interesting, which ports have you forwarded for CoD? Are there any other devices/users on your network that are playing Warzone at the same time?

On 1/10/2021 at 4:36 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's not currently available for the 300 but we are working on it!

Hi is the Ping Heatmap available for the XR500? 

Edit:

I've found a link to the Beta and installed it 

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, CDNY18 said:

Hi is the Ping Heatmap available for the XR500? 

Edit:

I've found a link to the Beta and installed it 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As you've found it's present on the beta, any questions let us know!

6 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That's interesting, which ports have you forwarded for CoD? Are there any other devices/users on your network that are playing Warzone at the same time?

idk, the ones listed on blizzards website for warzone? no others devices. I'm not worried about it anymore right now, I have a bigger issue now.. Can I just pm somebody for help?

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, bossman said:

idk, the ones listed on blizzards website for warzone? no others devices. I'm not worried about it anymore right now, I have a bigger issue now.. Can I just pm somebody for help?

We get a lot of PMs and it wouldn't give faster support. If you post here we can help.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We get a lot of PMs and it wouldn't give faster support. If you post here we can help.

ok, well it seems my speeds are inconsistent and when under heavyish load, my wifi craps out.. just going to unplug the r1 and use my isp's modem/router.. can't be bothered to deal with it

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, bossman said:

ok, well it seems my speeds are inconsistent and when under heavyish load, my wifi craps out.. just going to unplug the r1 and use my isp's modem/router.. can't be bothered to deal with it

Could you expand further? What speeds do you pay for/expect? What speeds are you getting via WiFi? What are your WiFi settings?

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you expand further? What speeds do you pay for/expect? What speeds are you getting via WiFi? What are your WiFi settings?

Pay for 60 down and 10 up and got about 72 up/12 down on speedtest prior to setting up r1 router. Download speed now starts around 25mb and creeps up to 40-60mb, very inconsistent. This is on my PC connected via ethernet. Same thing happens via WiFi but a bit slower speeds obviously. This never happened before. WiFi settings are just as is from factory, I just set ssid/password.

10 hours ago, bossman said:

Pay for 60 down and 10 up and got about 72 up/12 down on speedtest prior to setting up r1 router. Download speed now starts around 25mb and creeps up to 40-60mb, very inconsistent. This is on my PC connected via ethernet. Same thing happens via WiFi but a bit slower speeds obviously. This never happened before. WiFi settings are just as is from factory, I just set ssid/password.

Could you run a connection benchmark on the R1 and provide a screenshot of the results?

6 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you run a connection benchmark on the R1 and provide a screenshot of the results?

I've attached a pic of the benchmark and a pic from speedtest.net bc it utilizes multi connections and shows true performance.. Before using the R1 my speeds never dropped below 62mb when doing a test on speedtest.net. I was downloading a 1.4GB file the other day on my PC at like 3mb/sec (usually get 6+mb/sec) and the WiFi crapped out. Also happened when trying to stream to YouTube and dropped a huge amount of frames. I have all settings factory on the router. I'm going to try a factory reset right now.

benchmark.PNG

speedtest.PNG