Hello, my speeds from my ISP are 500mbps download and my upload is 20mbps. I achieve these speeds when I am hardwired directly into the modem, but when I try to hardwire directly into the router I hardly get over 100mbps download and my upload seems to be right around 16-20mbps consistently. I also experience very poor signal strength and intermittent internet. I have the antennas up, and have a fair to poor connection on the same floor of my house as the router. I have had numerous tech agents from my ISP at my house, and replaced the modem a few times with no success. My ISP has confirmed that there is nothing wrong on their end as when testing their own basic modem I get the exact speeds I should and my connection strength is strong on all 3 floors of my house. My R2 also has the latest firmware update which doesnt seem to help the issue at all as this has been going on for some time. If I do not have this issue resolved soon I will have to ship my router back and move on from the R2.

• Administrators

Please could you take a screenshot of the Device Manager table view where it shows the link speeds?

We are continuing to make improvements to WiFi, could you tell us what WiFi settings you're using currently please?

I have since factory reset, and cant even get it to connect at all now. I have tried switching the eithernet cable with a brand new one, still says "Could not detect an internet connection" ive tried using the reset button on the back as well. No luck. But when I hardwire modem to computer I get perfect connection and perfect speeds.

5 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Are you now online?

No.

I have internet connection to modem. But nothing from modem to router. If I hardwire pc directly to modem everything works. When I plug back into router, it says "could not detect internet connection." Have tried factory resetting router twice now with no luck.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

We wouldn't be able to take a look without internet and it's also not something we do for tech support unless it's a very specific bug. Did my suggestion before help?

I can connect my pc to my hotspot and you can access the router while its connected to the modem that way. And no it didnt, still says could not detect an internet connection.

They don’t know your connection type so it’s pointless connecting to your router and is something you need to do your end.
How did you set it up before, what is your connection ie.PPPoE?

if not sure then give as much info as possible, isp, modem type, VDSL or Fibre and so on.

Rebooting modem, and then waiting a few minutes to repower on the router didnt work but when Modem and Router are connected via eithernet it says "Internet Connected" under NETWORK MAP

When I disconnect that eithernet cable connecting the modem to the router it changes to disconnected under NETWORK MAP but in the top left it stays showing disconnected either way.20201216_140959.thumb.jpg.fc706656f274cd95207ca0a8c2c573a3.jpg

20201216_141018.jpg