Multiplayer and Warzone on PC/PS4

SimplyChris

I've always wondered how the streamers can find lobbies with "noob" players and now what i know is that by using a Netgear you can trick the SBMM and find easy lobbies (but i'm not 100% sure).

I don't like to play always competitive on Warzone or Multiplayer matches, i prefer to play quiet. What i'm asking is (if possible) how did i need to setup my router in order to get those easy lobbies?

I have a Netgear XR500

I might be wrong here but I don’t think there is a full proof method for doing this , I think with sbmm in place  the people who see the worst of its affects are those who are above average players. I think many of the decent streamers ( those with kds above 4.5 let’s say on warzone - they are that far above the regular standard that it would be impossible to fill a lobby with players of equal skill - where as people in the middle of the road can be matched up equally due to many other players being of the same vein , I have found that playing with a host who is in the Middle East is easier but I’m pretty sure this is more of a lag comp and ping issue rather than sbmm.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

This is largely a game based feature/design, we just help with the connection not with the matching of players to similar skills. Really I don't think there is much chance of having a reproducible method each time to achieve this. If you want easy games where SBMM doesn't apply immediately then make a new account or die a lot on your current account. 

@braido1x https://www.twitch.tv/videos/598262160 

This guy has got 5 K/D and he always find noob lobbies. He play on PS4 so first you need to turn off the Crossplay to find those lobbies more easy but i'm pretty sure that he has got a Netgear with a Geo-Filter set somewhere. Also, i will try with the Middle East, thank you!

@Netduma Fraser It's a solution but i'm sure that there's something to do to get those lobbies. 
Anyway, i've got another question for you, there are any news about the Geo-Filter issue for Destiny 2?

@SimplyChris - I actually have nearly a 4 kd myself on warzone but not because of easy lobbies - I think we too often watch these really talented players and we accredit there high stats to some settings or algorithm when in reality they just make players look like bots with there skills - any player can look like a bot to someone , I would definately suggest optimising your connection with all the help given here and then enjoy getting better via harder lobbies and the challenge of it all - if it was easy none of us would still be playing , good luck bro ! Where are you playing from atm ? 

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, SimplyChris said:

@braido1x https://www.twitch.tv/videos/598262160 

This guy has got 5 K/D and he always find noob lobbies. He play on PS4 so first you need to turn off the Crossplay to find those lobbies more easy but i'm pretty sure that he has got a Netgear with a Geo-Filter set somewhere. Also, i will try with the Middle East, thank you!

@Netduma Fraser It's a solution but i'm sure that there's something to do to get those lobbies. 
Anyway, i've got another question for you, there are any news about the Geo-Filter issue for Destiny 2?

No more news but we're looking into reports that it works on some routers on some firmware versions.