LH1000/ Arcadyan - Open Beta now open.

Hello!

As per the interest, we have opened the beta for LH1000 devices. Please share your modem Serial Number (e.g. ARCXXXXXXXXXX) to get activated. 

There will still be some standard eligibility rules that apply (must be on NBN, no outstanding account payments).

We will be manually activating Game Optimiser on your modem.  Note an activation email will come through on November 10th, and from then you'll be able to cancel it (if you wish, hopefully not!) using your MyTelstra.

Your modem login screen should then show Game Optimiser as Active, check out the user guide to get started: https://www.telstra.com/game-optimiser-user-guide

Ping me on here if you want it removed before then and let us know in the forums how you go with it.  

Cheers

Telstra Gaming Product Team 

I don't see mention of having to be on a certain NBN plan for the eligibility criteria, does that mean I can use one of my Arcadyan routers to get GO on my 1000/50 service?

As Dean Manners booted me off of GO as the plan I'm on isn't eligible with GO on Technicolor router due to bandwidth limitations.

Hi @Hsimah, am afraid the Ultrafast 1000 plans are still unsupported on current modem hardware - as you can appreciate, we cant activate something that in combination would be degrade to your NBN plans advertised maximum speeds.

Hi

@petr
@Cameron
@dougy4t
@sabarblade
@SaltySquirrel

We've upgraded your modem to the latest firmware, so you can get an early view of Game Optimiser.  If you werent activated before, we've manually activated Game Optimiser on your modem as well.  So note that an activation email will come through on November 10th, and from then you'll be able to cancel it (if you wish, hopefully not!) using your MyTelstra app.

Your modem login screen should now show Game Optimiser as Active, check out the user guide to get started: https://www.telstra.com/game-optimiser-user-guide

Ping me on here if you want it removed before then and let us know in the forums how you go with it. Cheers

1 hour ago, mannrs said:

Hi @Hsimah, am afraid the Ultrafast 1000 plans are still unsupported on current modem hardware - as you can appreciate, we cant activate something that in combination would be degrade to your NBN plans advertised maximum speeds.

I just liked using it for the adblock feature 😭 but yes can appreciate it 👍 love your work at the organisation Dean

1 hour ago, mannrs said:

Hi

@petr
@Cameron
@dougy4t
@sabarblade
@SaltySquirrel

We've upgraded your modem to the latest firmware, so you can get an early view of Game Optimiser.  If you werent activated before, we've manually activated Game Optimiser on your modem as well.  So note that an activation email will come through on November 10th, and from then you'll be able to cancel it (if you wish, hopefully not!) using your MyTelstra app.

Your modem login screen should now show Game Optimiser as Active, check out the user guide to get started: https://www.telstra.com/game-optimiser-user-guide

Ping me on here if you want it removed before then and let us know in the forums how you go with it. Cheers

Cheers much appreciated

On 11/2/2020 at 12:15 PM, mannrs said:

Hi

@petr
@Cameron
@dougy4t
@sabarblade
@SaltySquirrel

Thanks really appreciate it! 

I've been using this for the past few days without any hiccups, pretty smooth! 

Encountered bugs:

• Constant high CPU usage 
  • Increased download bufferbloat (almost double from the last firmware, used to get a A rating now about a C)

A couple of feature requests:

• Numerical figures on bars/graphs maybe on the labels for the 'total' figures to reduce having to hover over a section of a graph to view the 'Total Usage'  of the network snapshot widget. e.g 

8oubeJL.png

On 11/2/2020 at 1:15 PM, mannrs said:

Hi

@petr
@Cameron
@dougy4t
@sabarblade
@SaltySquirrel

Thank you, very much appreciated!

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Cameron said:

I've been using this for the past few days without any hiccups, pretty smooth! 

Encountered bugs:

• Constant high CPU usage 
  • Increased download bufferbloat (almost double from the last firmware, used to get a A rating now about a C)

A couple of feature requests:

• Numerical figures on bars/graphs maybe on the labels for the 'total' figures to reduce having to hover over a section of a graph to view the 'Total Usage'  of the network snapshot widget. e.g 

8oubeJL.png

How high is the CPU? - Does it seem to be impacting your speeds or responsiveness of the interface? Could you provide a screenshot of your bufferbloat results? What QoS settings are you using? Thanks for the suggestion!

4 minutes ago, Sudip said:

Hi,

My Modem Serial No: ARC1850378908

Can i get activated? Thanks

I've just asked the team to action this one - say tuned :) 

On 11/4/2020 at 11:37 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

How high is the CPU? - Does it seem to be impacting your speeds or responsiveness of the interface? Could you provide a screenshot of your bufferbloat results? What QoS settings are you using? Thanks for the suggestion!

I’ve had to deactivate due to the CPU issue it was reading 80-90% on both cores reducing the interface responsiveness, bufferbloat was getting b and c rating in this revision whereas last firmware was A, this definitely appears to be a Telstra related firmware issue rather than a DumaOS one as issue can be replicated via dslreports speed test with DumaOS disabled. It seems to be affecting the downlink bufferbloat primarily. It might also be worth nothing that the speed setting which is set to the users plans speed might not be accurate for a lot of connection types for example when they introduced a overhead allowance on NBN a few months ago my connection can get around 10mbps higher than the advertised speed

Model: Arcadyan LH1000

CPU

P3XPU6x.png

Bufferbloat

BNIAeNs.png

• Administrators

If you give the modem a reboot would the CPU usage fall? If you adjusted your Congestion Control percentages would the Ping Under Load still react to it at all? I'd recommend you put the average speeds you get most of the time in.