att uverse w/ netduma r2

ware

Hello all i need some help on some speed issue with the netduma r2. I have att uverse 1000/1000 is mine connections. modem/router combo is through Att it is a BGW210-700. i followed a write that puts the router as a pass-through... use this link to do it.https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/How-do-I-setup-bridge-mode-in-the-ARRIS-BGW210-700/td-p/1875994... My problem is i have a consitant download speed up around 800 to 900 but when it test the upload it jumps up to 700 + then drops rapidly to 130 upload and clue on to why its doing this. Is that not the proper way to disable the ATT router thanks for any info. Ps there is app that shows the speed from network to router shows im getting my full speed but some where from modem to R2 its dropping the upload. ive set qos to wide open and made sure share devices are check to allow max speed. once again thanks for any help on this. Or do you think i should go buy a modem instead of using att if so what do you recommend use. The picture below show the speed through there test but any other test on device is low like i said qos and everything i can think is disable.

121259158_700220377259355_3138111355804414426_n.jpg

Yes ive disable everything. i had the xr500 and tried the beta with it so i am fimiliar with netduma

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You're seeing the decreases in speed on speedtest.net for example? In the Congestion Control 3 line menu on the QoS page disable QoS completely and then do speedtest.net, do you get the proper speeds then?

Yes sir speedtest even ping differnet servers. i had the xr500 w/beta before this one so im fimiliar with the software. i will reset att modem/router and check speeds again if its ok then i will reset the r2 and hook it up and see if it works proper then. and any clue on why the upload underload is spiking like that. at my old house i had the xr500 w/beta and the upload was not spiking like this. i was through xfinity before with a 1000/40 and never would spike. DO you think i need to get att to check signals?

I have ATT with 1gig...and doing speed   test I always get some drops also....and between 700-900 is normal readings....the closest Ive ever got to 1000 reading was like 995...thats rare but I do and have had drops down in the low 200s before. Also, did you disable the firewall in the BGW210? and Not sure if you play any COD (this wont have anything to do with your speed testing) but did you go under NAT/Gaming and assign Call of duty to your R2? that will help in FPS games.

David824 yes sir ive disable everything and assign call of duty im play around with it and att and see if they can come check the lines etc, Im never had fiber so but always heard it was faster than cable so it should be more stable shouldnt be jumping like that. might be trouble in the lines some where causing interference but im no expert.

• Administrators

Does the speed just fluctuate throughout the day so it never stays too low for long? I don't think you need to get the line checked as the average ping is quite stable, as above you need to find the best Congestion Control percentages to limit those spikes as much as possible.

• 2 years later...

I know this post is quite old. I also have AT&T fiber (sadly it seems) but I am needing assistance with connecting my R2 to get any connection out of it wired/wireless. I tried using the link OP had provided to see if that would work by using a IP passthrough but to no avail I am just stuck with no connection. 

9 hours ago, Chr said:

I know this post is quite old. I also have AT&T fiber (sadly it seems) but I am needing assistance with connecting my R2 to get any connection out of it wired/wireless. I tried using the link OP had provided to see if that would work by using a IP passthrough but to no avail I am just stuck with no connection. 

It's a different model but the setups are exactly the same as the BGW 700.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aShbl1JZMx8

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Let us know how you get on with the above, if you have any questions/issues just ask!

Yes! Thank you I have just tried the instructions in the linked video and still same problems I've had before. No connection on the duma wired or wireless.

• Administrators

Once you've done all the steps either from the guide or video reboot the modem, wait 2 minutes, then reboot the R2, wait 2 minutes then access and see if you get internet. Sometimes modems/routers are particular about the order in which they're booted.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Once you've done all the steps either from the guide or video reboot the modem, wait 2 minutes, then reboot the R2, wait 2 minutes then access and see if you get internet. Sometimes modems/routers are particular about the order in which they're booted.

Just tried these steps and nothing as well. I do know that the BGW210 and AT&T in general is quite buggy. Would the Pass-through or trying a dumb switch be a better idea?

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That could definitely be an option if you're able to try it or if you're able to swap the existing modem for another

Yes I actually have a switch coming in the morning lol. I don't see the option of me being able to swap the modem, kind of stuck with it. What's the best dumb switch method you can point me too so I can try with my AT&T gateway.

16 minutes ago, Chr said:

Yes I actually have a switch coming in the morning lol. I don't see the option of me being able to swap the modem, kind of stuck with it. What's the best dumb switch method you can point me too so I can try with my AT&T gateway.

It's been a few years since I used the switch method. As I was in my brothers residency giving it a go using his ATT Fiber.  But I do know that it worked. Only problem with that is, you have the possibility of losing internet connection. The reason for this is the fact that ATT will push a firmware update to the router and would stop all connection due to bypassing. Using the method, I would have to every few weeks be doing an activity and Internet would shut down. Then I would have to do the ENTIRE process all over again in getting it to establish connection. For the meantime, you can also try this method presented here.

https://old.reddit.com/r/ATT/comments/kse3ws/att_gateway_configuration_for_using_your_own/

here's the link with images in the setup.

https://imgur.com/a/8VEDAjk

It's similar to the video but with a few added steps that may provide packets reaching your router.

2 hours ago, TrayDay said:

It's been a few years since I used the switch method. As I was in my brothers residency giving it a go using his ATT Fiber.  But I do know that it worked. Only problem with that is, you have the possibility of losing internet connection. The reason for this is the fact that ATT will push a firmware update to the router and would stop all connection due to bypassing. Using the method, I would have to every few weeks be doing an activity and Internet would shut down. Then I would have to do the ENTIRE process all over again in getting it to establish connection. For the meantime, you can also try this method presented here.

https://old.reddit.com/r/ATT/comments/kse3ws/att_gateway_configuration_for_using_your_own/

here's the link with images in the setup.

https://imgur.com/a/8VEDAjk

It's similar to the video but with a few added steps that may provide packets reaching your router.

Yeah I heard that the switch method does work better than the pass through with ATT Fiber but have heard in some cases the switch method does reset, but for the most part it doesn't. But I guess I will give the pass-through one more try, because I just want to see "NetdumaR2" on my WiFi list or work wired. At the moment I'm getting no luck.

On 11/19/2022 at 6:12 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Do keep us posted once the switch arrives!

Yes, sure will it arrived this morning and I did the dumb switch and it worked. It's just that I couldn't log into the router while wired to go through the setup to make the wireless connection etc. So I'm thinking I need to factory reset to get the default login. So hopefully when I do that I can have everything good.

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Chr said:

Yes, sure will it arrived this morning and I did the dumb switch and it worked. It's just that I couldn't log into the router while wired to go through the setup to make the wireless connection etc. So I'm thinking I need to factory reset to get the default login. So hopefully when I do that I can have everything good.

Great to hear that! If you don't remember the login you set initially then yes you'll need to factory reset to get the default to login

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that! If you don't remember the login you set initially then yes you'll need to factory reset to get the default to login

So the factory reset did work so I was able to go in and setup DumaOS but the problem is I don't have a WiFi connection or wired and don't know why.

6 hours ago, Chr said:

So the factory reset did work so I was able to go in and setup DumaOS but the problem is I don't have a WiFi connection or wired and don't know why.

Since the setup, just give the R2 a quick reboot and see if you have a connection again after that.

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Since the setup, just give the R2 a quick reboot and see if you have a connection again after that.

Still no luck for me after rebooting the R2.