DumaOS Subtray - Opinions and Suggestions

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
6 hours ago, Renan said:

Would it be nice to have a ceiling bandwidth allocation on QOS for devices or applications even with sharing excess turned on. Today only have the optional to share with all or not.

It is something that has been suggested before so likely we will implement it in future, happy holidays!

• 2 weeks later...

To add to this, it would be nice to see which devices are using the QOS (Congestion rules) - so if ive chosen gaming as my majority for QOS then see which device is using that (and then i know why my file transfer for work is slow as someone is gaming)

Ive turned off the main rule on Traffic Prioritization (its an S by the way not a Z) and added my devices separate so i can monitor which is activating the Congestion rules. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, mfoz11 said:

To add to this, it would be nice to see which devices are using the QOS (Congestion rules) - so if ive chosen gaming as my majority for QOS then see which device is using that (and then i know why my file transfer for work is slow as someone is gaming)

Ive turned off the main rule on Traffic Prioritization (its an S by the way not a Z) and added my devices separate so i can monitor which is activating the Congestion rules. 

Good ideas thanks, I'll pass them on to Lew. We're based in the UK but we went with the US spelling.

• 4 months later...

1. Traffic priority on or off. (This used to be visible in the traffic overview widget, not anymore currently)

2. Bandwidth sliders

3. Bandwidth in use

4. Ping to host 

5. Geofilter on/off

10 hours ago, T-sun said:

How about having a WPA3 in the wifi network. But that is just an idea though.

9 hours ago, Bert said:

1. Traffic priority on or off. (This used to be visible in the traffic overview widget, not anymore currently)

2. Bandwidth sliders

3. Bandwidth in use

4. Ping to host 

5. Geofilter on/off

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll pass them over to Lew!

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, KingXFocusedxX said:

You could make the subtray similar to the dashboard couldn't you? so that way its just everything, but you get limited space and room for essentially, widgets.

In theory, yes! I'll pass on the feedback.

• 5 months later...
20 minutes ago, rdgbasilio said:

It would be nice in future improvements to give us the option to save all the DumaOS config. When we update the firmware (and reset) all the config can be loaded.

That's a good suggestion and it's already on our roadmap so it's certainly something we're looking into in future.

• 1 year later...